Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,969

ELI-ASH

@Tasuki thats the WWE title. they redesigned it back i think either before or at wrestlemania last year.
The world heavyweight championship basically meant nothing. whoever had that belt was never used in say the main event of either show. So it was only natural they had to unify both belts.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
Even though there's two belts, Randy is now the unified champion, which has been dubbed "WWE World Heavyweight Champion". Previously the belts were the WWE Champion (the black-ish belt), and that was essentially the champion on RAW, while the World Heavyweight Champion (the classic "Big Gold Belt") was essentially the champion on Smackdown. Randy and Cena recently had a champion vs. champion match to unify the titles, which Randy won. I'm sure eventually they'll develop a new belt, but since the current WWE-black belt is fairly new and the Big Gold Belt is iconic (going back to the NWA and WCW days), they've kept it as two belts for the time being, even though they represent a single championship.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@the_shpydar: Ok cool yeah its been awhile and the last time I really watched it they kept Raw and Smackdown separate. I knew that they went back to the way things were before the whole Brand extension angle I just wasn't sure how they handled titles.

I remember years ago when Jericho won both by beating the Rock and Stone Cold in the same night and was crowned the Undisputed Champion and he had both belts for awhile. Some time after that I remember Brock Lesnar (on his first time in the WWE pre UFC) winning it and then they just had the champ carry around one belt and quietly retired the Big Gold Belt which at that time was dubbed the WCW Heavyweight Championship. Then it wasn't till the whole Brand Extension storyline that they brought back the Big Gold Belt when at the time the General Manager of Smackdown Stephanie signed an exclusive deal with Brock Lesnar making it so he can only be on Smackdown. Eric Bischoff who at the time was Raw's GM brought back the Big Gold Belt as the World Heavyweight title and gave it to Triple HHH so that way Raw could have a top tier championship.

Anyway I am reminiscing again lol but I am sure that you are right and at some point perhaps after WM debut a new title.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Splat

Hey Vince Daniel Bryan is the hottest thing going maybe we should have him win the Royal Rumble?

No! Bring 45 year old Batista back and have him win it...

Sigh

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

the_shpydar

If they stick to plan and go with Orton vs. Batista at WrestleMania, they are going to get booed out of the building.
Mick Foley summed it up best (via Twitter) tonight:

Mick Foley wrote:

Does WWE actually hate their own audience? I've never been so disgusted with a PPV.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ELI-ASH

I noticed in the pre-show Shawn actually picked Daniel Bryan to win the rumble (then im guessing he was told he wasnt in it ), paused for a sec and then sayd the shield..XD

Despite the finish bryan VS wyatt is my current match of the year. it was that good.

During the rumble i was keeping track of who was coming in ( i remberd the promo) I think it was justifed what the crowd did. I mean Bryan didn't have to win but at least to be part of it.

WWE creative did randomly stopped Bryans heel turn. I'm hoping something happens in the elimination chamber.

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Splat

Splat wrote:

Hey Vince Daniel Bryan is the hottest thing going maybe we should have him win the Royal Rumble?

Sigh

I wanted to be wrong....

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

MoogleMuffins

Untitled

They could have at least let Roman win the thing at least, the rumble match itself was great, the winner was not.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

MoogleMuffins

Untitled

I loved the Daniel/Bray match though, that Sister Abigail ringside looked brutal.

Did anyone catch the poor editing of them showing Kane sneaking back to go under the ring?

]

ELI-ASH

@MoogleMuffins I noticed Kane outside when JBL's music hit. totally gave away he was doing something later.

theblackdragon

Splat wrote:

Splat wrote:

Sigh

I wanted to be wrong....

oh come on, him coming back like a week or two before the Royal Rumble? there's no way he wasn't winning that one :/

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

lol people still watch wrestling

you fools, still thinking WWE will give you remotely satisfying storytelling

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MoogleMuffins

ELI-ASH wrote:

@MoogleMuffins I noticed Kane outside when JBL's music hit. totally gave away he was doing something later.

Yeah it was pretty embarrassing they did that. Speaking of Kane though, anyone else think he looks an absolute bad donkey in his new corporote look?

He's in the best shape he's been in years as well.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

lol people still watch wrestling

you fools, still thinking WWE will give you remotely satisfying storytelling

They do manage to bring out something great now and again.
Please watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

]

theblackdragon

@MoogleMuffins: oh my god i'm so glad i'm not the only one who is enjoying Kane right now. i know he's not doing the Big Red Monster thing at the moment and he gets heckled with 'you sold out' chants every time he shows up now, but damned if I don't find him terrorizing Maddox hilarious, and I don't mind him playing his part with The Authority at all. he's oddly well-suited for the job (haha, suited, geddit?).

shoot, in all honesty i'm just glad he's still getting decent airtime after the end of Team Hell No (which had me rolling for months, him and Bryan and those little counseling skits of theirs were hilarious).

BEST THREAD EVER

Tasuki

Man I so need to get back into WWE. I haven't watched it since last year's Wrestlemania.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MoogleMuffins

@theblackdragon

I think Kane is vastly underrated, he's definitely one of the best performers of all time in my eyes, especially a big guy.

Team Hell No was fantastic, Kane didn't end up doing much though when they split up. Monster gimmicks don't work as well now as they did in the 90's, they are too cartoonish for this era, so by having Kane be corporate, lets him have the chance to be a more believable monster.

I'm sure he enjoys wearing a suit as well, he's quite the political activist in his real life.

]

theblackdragon

MoogleMuffins wrote:

@theblackdragon
Team Hell No was fantastic, Kane didn't end up doing much though when they split up. Monster gimmicks don't work as well now as they did in the 90's, they are too cartoonish for this era, so by having Kane be corporate, lets him have the chance to be a more believable monster.

he never does a whole lot of anything after he's done with a feud or team or anything, that's why i'm glad to see him still getting airtime. and you're absolutely right — he's still a monster, just with a new setting and a new way to intimidate people. not sure how long it'll last, what with that dressing-down from Stephanie over the way he handled Punk a couple episodes ago, but for now, i'm content :3

I've really loved Kane ever since he showed up (well, since Jacobs showed up as Kane; i don't remember much about his earlier gimmicks), the whole 'Brothers of Destruction' thing back in the day was so awesome. hell, everything back in the days of the Monday Night Wars was pretty awesome. i sorta miss the days of 'monster' types getting over and terrorizing people, it's just so much fun than the usual 'grr i'm'a get that title belt' stuff :3

BEST THREAD EVER

ELI-ASH

@kkslider5552000
well my excuse for still watching is, to support former indie wrestlers i watched for so many years.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic