Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 821 to 840 of 1,959

Splat

CM Punk’s “Best in the World” DVD can now be streamed on Netflix. I highly recommend watching it if you get the chance.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Tasuki

Oh wow today is the 20th anniversary of Raw. Has it been 20 years already?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Retro_on_theGo

Damn! DAAAAAAAMMMMMNNN!

CAN YA SMEEEEEEEELLLLLLL????
What the rock.
IS COOKING!

I love you Punk. I LOVE CM Punk but if every single god damn title shot is just gonna be interrupted let Rock have the title. Wow, what a rumble.
Cena though. Seriously!?!? We're getting the same damn Wrestlemania main event again!? WWE seriously needs help. Punk better win the title back or something.

Splat

HERE COMES THE PAIN!

Untitled

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

shingi_70

R.I.P.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

the_shpydar

Holy crap.
Prayers to the Fliehr family. Damn. I still remember Reid first showing up in WCW as part of an angle back when he was like 10.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

the_shpydar wrote:

Holy crap.
Prayers to the Fliehr family. Damn. I still remember Reid first showing up in WCW as part of an angle back when he was like 10.

That was actually the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the article.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

Deaths in wrestling really is a crazy deal. Sometimes i'll watch old WCW tapes that i have, and it's like "he's dead now, he's dead now, dead dead dead". And with a very few exceptions (such as Paul Bearer) it always tends to be from overdoses or heart problems caused by constant pill-popping.

For as crazy as my beloved Roddy Piper can be at times, his rants a bunch of years back about "The Sickness" connected with professional wrestlers (how they work themselves like crazy, take pills to ease the pain, take more pills to wake up, etc etc etc) is so damn true.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

the_shpydar wrote:

Deaths in wrestling really is a crazy deal. Sometimes i'll watch old WCW tapes that i have, and it's like "he's dead now, he's dead now, dead dead dead". And with a very few exceptions (such as Paul Bearer) it always tends to be from overdoses or heart problems caused by constant pill-popping.

For as crazy as my beloved Roddy Piper can be at times, his rants a bunch of years back about "The Sickness" connected with professional wrestlers (how they work themselves like crazy, take pills to ease the pain, take more pills to wake up, etc etc etc) is so damn true.

I know what you mean. I have a co-worker who last watched wrestling in the mid 80's to early 90's he even met Iron Shiek and Don Muraco in a restaurant that he worked at. Anyway we will get on one of our wrestling conversations and he would be like oh remember so and so and I would answer yeah shame hes dead. Than my co-worker say really? Followed by oh what about so and so which again I will replay yep hes dead too.

And I dont know about you but this goes for the ones retiring now like Shawn Michaels for example or even ones that are seein less and less in the ring like Taker and Triple H but for some reason these newer younger guys like Punk, Daniel Brayant and even John Cena just cant keep me hooked like the the older SUper Stars could. I mean its been months since I sat down and watched Raw, or Smackdown and been even years since I watched TNA.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic