Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,969

kkslider5552000

Tasuki wrote:

Well it looks like Mick Foley is back with the WWE again.

I miss when Foley cared. He clearly doesn't anymore, he's a sad self-parody and I hate that, as I loved even some of his more recent stuff.

At least Nash is in a good story instead of trying to recreate the most overrated segment of all time.

This was the best of Raw, this was the worst of Raw. Zack Ryder, Santino, Nash just killing a dude, Rock, awkward Cena, 2 or 3 of the matches, CM Punk promo, Alberto looking good, Big Show being motivated, Mark Henry, Awesome Truth were all great.

The overrated segment, the god awful Cole segment that didn't matter, Ryder not being in a US title match at MSG, MAKING FUN OF BULL despite his hatred of Cena being more interesting than most Raw stories, lazy Foley, 90 second Divas match, Natalya losing all the time despite being one half of the current queens of the division, generic pre-Survivor Series finisher-fest were pretty terrible.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Splat

The more I hear about WWE 12 the more I think it is going to rock! At the very least it is going to have one heck of a roster.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

the_shpydar

WWE 12 might actually get me back into the main WWE games. Especially since they've apparently decided to go back to a more classic n64-style control scheme instead of the recent dual-analog style which i never liked.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Splat

Untitled

sykotek

the_shpydar wrote:

WWE 12 might actually get me back into the main WWE games. Especially since they've apparently decided to go back to a more classic n64-style control scheme instead of the recent dual-analog style which i never liked.

That's what developers claim every time there's a non-Yukes Smackdown wrestling game that comes out.

I don't get it, if it's pretty well accepted and acknowledged that the N64 had some pretty great freaking wrestling games and that's what fans want...the Aki engine...why don't they just make a game around an improved Aki engine again?

The first two Def Jams used it and they were pretty freaking fun.

The answer I've come to understand is: They don't care what you want. You'll probably buy it anyways if you're into it enough to want to play a wrestling game in the first place. /rant

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Splat

I had a $50 credit to amazon so sent in my pre order for WWE 12 and got it for $5.97.

Edited on by Splat

y2josh

@Splat: Sweet! I'm looking forward to that game very much. Looks awesome!

y2josh

Splat

sykotek wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

That's what developers claim every time there's a non-Yukes Smackdown wrestling game that comes out.

I don't get it, if it's pretty well accepted and acknowledged that the N64 had some pretty great freaking wrestling games and that's what fans want...the Aki engine...why don't they just make a game around an improved Aki engine again?

The first two Def Jams used it and they were pretty freaking fun.

The answer I've come to understand is: They don't care what you want. You'll probably buy it anyways if you're into it enough to want to play a wrestling game in the first place. /rant

According to the IGN review the controls are supposed to be more like No Mercy which is one of the best wrestling games ever made. IGN gave the game a 9 out of 10. I'm pretty pumped to play it.

Edited on by Splat

sykotek

Splat wrote:

According to the IGN review the controls are supposed to be more like No Mercy which is one of the best wrestling games ever made. IGN gave the game a 9 out of 10. I'm pretty pumped to play it.

Let me know if it really is like No Mercy once you play it...and if Jericho is in it. I'm not really too interested unless Jericho is in it tbh.

sykotek

@Splat: I've looked at videos for a little bit and I remain skeptical. Also learned about "The People's Edition" being offered direct from THQ. After going to that link...wow, over half that roster doesn't even wrestle/show up on TV anymore! Only ~20 active wrestlers...if only they added Jericho, I might've bought it just because of the hype. How'd you like All Stars? Any good in your opinion? Is it like No Mercy/WM2000?

TromaDogg

sykotek wrote:

After going to that link...wow, over half that roster doesn't even wrestle/show up on TV anymore! Only ~20 active wrestlers...if only they added Jericho, I might've bought it just because of the hype.

Whilst I also would've liked to have seen Jericho included, there's nothing wrong with that roster...it actually includes every wrestler who's currently active on both Raw and Smackdown and I can't think of anybody else who's currently active on any WWE show that isn't there that I think would be a worthwhile inclusion. Well, maybe Mean Gene Okurland from WWE Vintage Collection, but you can't have everything I suppose, lol.

You have no chance to survive, make your time!

sykotek

ToxieDogg wrote:

Whilst I also would've liked to have seen Jericho included, there's nothing wrong with that roster...it actually includes every wrestler who's currently active on both Raw and Smackdown and I can't think of anybody else who's currently active on any WWE show that isn't there that I think would be a worthwhile inclusion. Well, maybe Mean Gene Okurland from WWE Vintage Collection, but you can't have everything I suppose, lol.

Yea, maybe I'm just a tad bitter Jericho, who is my favorite, isn't in the game...I mean... how can you not have the first Undisputed Champion? Ridiculous! Anyways, from what I've heard around the internet, 12 is a fun title, very glitchy, but fun. I'm sure they'll patch things before long. Saw WWE All-Stars for 3DS in stores today...still wondering if that one is worth getting too...know that one has Jericho...

Speaking of Jericho, I heard rumors that this promo is hinting at his return on RAW 1/2/2012. Hopefully, he'll feud with the pretender to the title "Best in the World"
[youtube:55GK1sfHe3M]

Splat

For some reason Amazon hasn't even shipped my copy of WWE 12 yet...

Splat

I'm saying it's Undertaker.

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

I'm saying it's Undertaker.

I have to agree it sounds alot like Undertaker more than Jericho.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

sykotek wrote:

Yea, maybe I'm just a tad bitter Jericho, who is my favorite, isn't in the game...I mean... how can you not have the first Undisputed Champion? Ridiculous!

In the end its all up to Jericho if he wants to be included in the game. There also might be some legal issue that prevents him from being in the game like the one the was stopping Brock Lesnar from being in any WWE game till now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic