Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,959

kkslider5552000

y2josh wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

so despite the great booking at the PPV, the turn still sucked.

Who turned? I really didn't understand who was supposed to be good or bad. Orton lost it and went overboard, which is a heelish action. Christian spat in Orton's face, which is a heelish action, even though I liked it.

Orton is just the heel that fights the other heels.

wrestling is weird, don't think about and thank god it isn't like his previous run as a face

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

y2josh

Looks like HHH was going to be the mystery GM. Surely the mystery GM story is out the window with all that's going on now.

y2josh

EvilRegal

Alls I know is CM Punk could restore balance to The Force, bring World peace AND convince Nintendo of America to release Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower! Don't make Punk GTS you, Reggie! Give up peacefully and maybe he'll let you live!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

the_shpydar

BTW, speaking of Punk + Nintendo, CM Punk had tweeted or posted somewhere (yesterday i think) that he wasn't going to be at RAW, because he was going to be sitting on his couch defending the WWE title against Piston Honda.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

kkslider5552000

y2josh wrote:

Looks like HHH was going to be the mystery GM. Surely the mystery GM story is out the window with all that's going on now.

like the Nexus, it should have ended a long time ago

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

EvilRegal

the_shpydar wrote:

BTW, speaking of Punk + Nintendo, CM Punk had tweeted or posted somewhere (yesterday i think) that he wasn't going to be at RAW, because he was going to be sitting on his couch defending the WWE title against Piston Honda.

Heh heh heh! On top of resurrecting WWE, he's a Nintendo/Punch-Out!! fan! If I were a chick, or gay, I'd want to marry him. Since I'm a straight dude, I'd like to talk hot chicks, sports, and video games over a nice cold one. And when I say "one", I mean Pepsi. And not necessarily Pepsi One. Could be WIld Cherry, gold ole regular, Diet, or Holiday Spice Pepsi, if they were to bring it back (THAT WAS THE STUFF!!!). When he returns to the ring, whether it's WWE or wherever, how cool would it be to see him one-hand Pepsis thrown to him from the crowd, like Stone Cold used to snatch beer out of mid-air?

Edited on by EvilRegal

EvilRegal

In case anyone hadn't heard, the REAL WWE Champ, CM Punk, was at Comic-Con. He crashed a WWE panel there and had an exchange with Triple H... A verbal one anyway! It is a brief, but great exchange (funny stuff from both Punk and Triple H... love the Stephanie reference ). Could this be where the road to Wrestlemania and a Punk/Triple H co-main event begins? At any rate, this has to be evidence that Punk is still with WWE, even if "unofficially" right storyline wise. Listen to the POP Punk gets when they know he's in the room. And this is San Diego. Not Chicago! CM Punk is not just your WWE Champion, he is your new wrestling God! All bow in reverence!!! YouTube below...
[youtube:2NAvDqglbAE]

Oh... guess he successfully "defended" the belt against Piston Honda, LOL!

Edited on by EvilRegal

Tasuki

BetelgeuseWC77 wrote:

In case anyone hadn't heard, the REAL WWE Champ, CM Punk, was at Comic-Con. He crashed a WWE panel there and had an exchange with Triple H... A verbal one anyway! It is a brief, but great exchange (funny stuff from both Punk and Triple H... love the Stephanie reference ). Could this be where the road to Wrestlemania and a Punk/Triple H co-main event begins? At any rate, this has to be evidence that Punk is still with WWE, even if "unofficially" right storyline wise. Listen to the POP Punk gets when they know he's in the room. And this is San Diego. Not Chicago! CM Punk is not just your WWE Champion, he is your new wrestling God! All bow in reverence!!! YouTube below...

Ok CM Punk is good but you are going a bit overboard. I wouldnt call him a wrestling god either.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

the_shpydar

That was awesome.
And "So when are you going to put Zack Ryder on television?"
WIN

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

EvilRegal

Tasuki wrote:

BetelgeuseWC77 wrote:

Ok CM Punk is good but you are going a bit overboard. I wouldnt call him a wrestling god either.

Maybe in terms of skill set, he's not quite Ric Flair or Bret Hart. But in terms of mic skills and connecting with fans, IMO, he has become a phenomenon! Not sure when the last time anyone has been cheered like he has lately.

I stopped following wrestling for a while because it just became mediocre in my eyes. Until Punk revived interest these past few weeks from many like myself! I have several friends online who also feel like he's helping bring WWE back (of course, can't forget the creative team that put this together either)! I don't feel like just anybody could've pulled off what he did!

And you don't have to be a shooter or genius technician to be a wrestling deity. Look at Hulk Hogan. I think the only moves he's ever had are punching, kicking, clotheslining and, of course, the big foot/legdrop of holy death (eyeroll).

And, I for one like what he represents with Straight Edge!

EvilRegal

the_shpydar wrote:

That was awesome.
And "So when are you going to put Zack Ryder on television?"
WIN

I need to ask Punk to help a Straight Edge brother out and hook me up with Stephanie's number. YUMMY!!!

Tasuki

Freakin Mysterio as champ. Yawn!!! They could have used this opportunity to give some one the belt who never has had it like R Truth or Alex Riley or even Dolph Ziggler. I am soooo tired of the same old people always getting the belt.

My Backlog

EvilRegal

Tasuki wrote:

Freakin Mysterio as champ. Yawn!!! They could have used this opportunity to give some one the belt who never has had it like R Truth or Alex Riley or even Dolph Ziggler. I am soooo tired of the same old people always getting the belt.

Agreed on the yawn. Pretty much is a handful of guys that get most of the title reigns (though this is Mysterio's first WWE TItle reign, still plenty of other titles). I'm sorry, but my most enduring image of Rey is back in the WCW days when Kevin Nash used him as a human lawn dart against a trailer LOL.

Oh well. The real WWE Title is chillin' in CM Punk's fridge as far as I'm concerned. Interesting how Triple H kept teasing that Punk had been resigned AND Zach Ryder got the Michael Cole match (he cracked me up with the whimpy Triple H impersonation LOL).

Not exactly a Mysterio fan, but I hope they at least let him get through tonight with the title and Cena doesn't get it back for the umpteenth time a mere 15 days after losing it at MitB. Posting this as of the start of the match... have to wonder if Cena will win, then Alberto cash in MitB and have 3 champions on one night (oh... notice no illusion of fairness, not giving Cena an earlier match to even things out)!

Edited on by EvilRegal

EvilRegal

Crap, not again... Cena didn't have to go long without the title, did he?

EDIT: EFF YEAH! THE REAL CHAMP IS IN THE BUILDING!!! How's that shiny belt you just won look now with the man across from you holding another one he just took off you 15 days ago, Cena?

Edited on by EvilRegal

the_shpydar

I'm mixed on tonight:

JR back = awesome, but if they go back to a 3-man team next week with bickering-Cole it will drive me nuts.

Keith Stone + Divas = awesome, but then we get an atrocious botch-fest of a divas match, without the Bellas and with lame Kelly "maybe if i yell real loud when i try to do moves no one will notice how horrible i am" Kelly. Also, humans are not supposed to be orange.

Zack Ryder on RAW = awesome, but they put him in a 10-second throw-away match/segment with Cole, where Cole got more close-ups.

CM Punk shows up = awesome, but i really think they're pulling the trigger way too soon on the champ vs champ thing. Should have let it build for a while longer. We'll see how they're going to play this one out, though.

Honestly, even though it would have been somewhat predictable, i would have preferred that they went the route with Alberto cashing in after Rey won, then giving him a run with the title for a while to freshen things up. But no, we're back to Cena as champ.

Meh.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

Splat

I was pist that Cena won the title back but Punk returning saved it from being a terrible ending.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Tasuki

I have to say I was taken by surprise with that ending I was expecting Alberto Del Rio to come running out not CM Punk. I have to say I like his new entrance song too. I too also like the fact that they brought good ole JR back too that was a surprise as well. As for the Zach Ryder/Michael Cole fight what a waste. They use someone like Zack Ryder for a stupid squash match but they give Rey Myestrio and John Cena the title for the umpteenth time.

Oh well I am kinda interested to see whats going to unfold between Cena and Punk.

My Backlog

Splat

I do have to admit the Rey and Cena match was pretty good even if I didn't like that Cena won. I also thought it was going to end up being Del Rio when all was said and done. JR being back is awesome he makes everything better.

Edited on by Splat

Splat

Bill Simmons and WWE champ CM Punk discuss SummerSlam and all of the different angles in the WWE right now.

http://www.grantland.com/podcasts#

Good stuff.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic