Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 251 to 270 of 1,969

the_shpydar

Splat wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

So did I hear right and we will get to see this secret GM next week???

I don't think so but I was playing on my computer while watching Raw so could have missed it?

No, that part that Cole read ("i will be returning next week") was just worded badly. It was meant more as "ok Stone Cold, you had your fun as GM this week, but next week it's back to Mr. Computer running the show". Hence Austin's counter of the "power to the people" bullcrap.

Also if y'all haven't heard/read, after Raw, Ziggler posted a tweet semi-bashing WWE for not having Ryder appear on Raw, and Jericho followed up with a similar tweet of his own. Broskis.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@The_Shpydar: Ah ok thats what I thought at first but than when Austin broke the computer I took it as he will have to make an appearance now since the computer was destroyed. And whats up with all the Ryder love? If you dont mind me asking?

@Splat: Lol yep I was on the computer as well so thats why I wasnt sure what I heard lol.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

the_shpydar

It's hard to explain the Ryder love, it just is. XD

For me personally, part of it is just him playing the "Long Islander turned up to 11" character (though i certianly know and see people 'roiund here who are EXACTLY like his character for real), but also i've always been a fan of the underappreciated/midcard guys who clearly could be doing so much more if they were booked well, and Ryder is right there. WWE is missing the boat with him right now, as he has managed — with virtually no TV time and no promotion — to develop a big following via Twitter and YouTube, and his t-shirts are consistently selling out at shows. The boys in the back recognize it too — it's not that he should necessarily be main eventing or anything, be he could be very easily made into a solid upper-midcarder.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

y2josh

I never did like Zack Ryder until I saw him live and watched his youtube show. So much potential that is being wasted for no reason. It's a shame.

y2josh

Tasuki

y2josh wrote:

I never did like Zack Ryder until I saw him live and watched his youtube show. So much potential that is being wasted for no reason. It's a shame.

WWE has a bad habit of that just look at like formal WWE Superstars Mr. Kennedy, Elijah Burke and current Superstars Drew McIntyre. Thats one of the things that bugs me with WWE they have their personal favorites John Cena, Randy Orton, for example that they just use over and over and over to the point that it gets stale and boring. I can only watch John Cena FUing people week after week after week for so long. They need to rotate their stars more often. Of course I dont think WWE will ever get that just look at like in the 80s with Hogan and the 90's with Rock and Stone Cold.

My Backlog

y2josh

@Tasuki: At least there was a midcard in the 80s and 90s. Now you're either at the top or the bottom it seems. The 90s midcarders actually had story lines too, now the writers/Vince are just lazy. I look forward to HHH/Stephanie running the company.

y2josh

kkslider5552000

I blame the problem largely on testing if people can be good world champions...by giving them the world championship instead of anything remotely logical like just putting them in the main event once or twice before giving them a world title(they've done a good job with R-Truth, Morrison and Barrett at least in that regard). So over half the show ends up focusing on former world champions.

Especially when they have to find something for every former world champion on seemingly every PPV (lol Punk vs. Rey, cool basic storyline but lol politics).

Smackdown's better, but that's just typical.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tasuki

y2josh wrote:

@Tasuki: At least there was a midcard in the 80s and 90s. Now you're either at the top or the bottom it seems. The 90s midcarders actually had story lines too, now the writers/Vince are just lazy. I look forward to HHH/Stephanie running the company.

You have a point there plus in the 90's there was also pressure from WCW to keep things fresh and new. I mean there is TNA but to be quite honest TNA just doesnt have what WCW did to be a major contender for WWE but thats just my opinion.

Also it might be that WWE is in the stage right now of a changing of the guard so to speak. Most of their attention might be in switching over the company from Vince to Triple H and Stephanie. I mean these past few months I have seen Vince nor Triple H alot not as what use to be.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

Yeah, i mean i love TNA despite its many flaws (damn, was the company SO much better just a few years ago), but even i know it's not "real" competition for Vince, and without competition Vince is only going to put out what he wants and take less of a "chance" on mixing up the formula if they don't have to.

@daze0f_theweak
Yeah, that's the one, it was the aqua color that immediately caught my eye when i was watching. Just imagine, that dude has photos of ... Sheamus in 3D! Hyper-pale-ness in YOUR FACE!

BTW, Sheamus is awesome and a definite personal fave right now. They've actually done a good job (for the most part) building him up ... you know what they say, it's good to have friends in high places! I also like Wade Barrett quite a bit, but damn has his stock fallen over the past months. I mean, he's still pushed decently and all in the upper-midcard, but it wasn't long ago where he (and Nexus) were the hottest thing going in the biz. They really should have had him trounce Cena and have a short run with the title at the time, but it's going to be a while now before they can work him back to true ME status.

The Shpydarloggery

Splat

The tag team div is also crap.

I miss the days of The Hardy Boyz,Edge & Christian,Dudley Boyz, ect. They not only were a big part of the show but at times stole the show.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

The tag team div is also crap.

I miss the days of The Hardy Boyz,Edge & Christian,Dudley Boyz, ect. They not only were a big part of the show but at times stole the show.

I agree Splat. I was hoping that when Matt Hardy went over to TNA we might see some Hardy and Dudlyes action again Those 6 during the late 90s early 2000s were alot of the times the main reason I watched the PPVs, Raw and Smackdown.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Well I just read that Andy will be heading to FCW (no surprise there) and that Trevor Murdock is coming back to the WWE.

Going to be interesting seeing Trevor without Lance Cade. Speaking of tag teams I think they were the last good one that I can remember.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

Murdoch's coming back? Cool, i liked him a lot (and yeah, he and Cade made a great tag team).

BTW, in case anyone isn't aware, one of the main reasons that the tag team division is basically dead in WWE is Stephanie McMahon's influence. Her feeling (which Vince shares to a degree) is that "tag teams don't draw anymore, no one really cares about them". So they sandbagged the division (bad matches, illogical booking), leading to those TV segments getting lower ratings, leading to further justification — "See? No one cares, that was the lowest rated quarter-hour of the night."

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

Tasuki

@Shpydar: Yeah he tweeted (or whatever its called) that he signed a contract with them. Its sucks that Lance Cade is dead cause I would have love to see him and Murdoch together again, although the problems that Cade had I doubt that WWE would have wanted him back.

And I figured as much with the Tag team a division, since they unified the Tag team Championship the whole tag team thing just went down the toilet. Honestly the last good tag team they had was The Heart Dynasty. As I said before with no strong competition like WCW, Vince (or whoever is in charge) just dont have the drive like they did back in late 90's.

My Backlog

Splat

So Kid Kash was on TNA last night and I don't watch TNA enough to know if he has been there or was a one time deal but was a big fan of his in the original ECW days.

Edit: I'm actually a big fan of tag team wrestling and feel it can be very entertaining when you have some "real' teams instead of just throwing random people together.

Edited on by Splat

y2josh

@Splat: I think they just brought him and a few other people in for the Destination X pay per view.

I like Trevor Murdock. At a house show in 2008 (i think) he was on the ring apron in a tag match and when it got real quiet (i was in the front row) i yelled "You suck Murdock" and he turned around and scream "Your mom sucks!" Good times. Then low and behold he was in a dark match at the Raw I went to a little while back, may have been another try out to see if he was still good to go.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

Splat

Speaking of dark matches I was at a Smackdown taping one time and saw Rhino before he made his WWE TV debut. My brothers and I were freaking out being ECW fans and were yelling and people looked at us like we were crazy they had no idea who he was lol.

the_shpydar

y2josh wrote:

I like Trevor Murdock. At a house show in 2008 (i think) he was on the ring apron in a tag match and when it got real quiet (i was in the front row) i yelled "You suck Murdock" and he turned around and scream "Your mom sucks!" Good times.

LOL! That is awesome, i like him even more now than i did before.

The Shpydarloggery

Splat

Really wanted Christian to beat Orton.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic