Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,959

The_Fox

Macho Man was one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, hands down. Shame to lose such a great personality.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

the_shpydar

Holy crap. Savage is/was easily one one of my tope 5 favorite wrestlers of all time. I was the perfect kid-age for wrestling back when he and Steamboat had their amazing feud, and i think he was one of the biggest reasons i became a wrestling fan. He will definitely be missed.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Sylverstone

When I first saw the snippet of news on my Facebook wall, my heart instantly sank.

I was on the train when I found out.

But man, this guy HAS to be inducted into the Hall of Fame next year. I really thought 2011 was his year, but I guess not. Damn it Vince.

His time in the then-WWF and WCW were great. R.I.P. to a legend, an icon, a real macho man.

I remember seeing the WWE All-Stars video with him in it and he cut a brilliant promo. He still had the stuff, man.

OOOOOOOOH YEAH!
[youtube:MtzJpS7BgY4]

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

The_Fox

I think I'm going to fire up the best L4D mod of all time in memory of Macho Man.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Splat

Thoughts on Sin Cara now that has some TV matches under his belt?

I think he is pretty talented but I don't think he will ever be more then a mid-carder.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Tasuki

I agree splat I dont think he will get the same success as Rey Mysterio or even Alberto Del Rio, but who knows we will just have to wait and see what they do with him.

Any of you guys know whats up with Triple H has he retired from the ring or something? I havent seen him since that match with Taker at WM I thought I would see him around alot more after that. Kinda sucks since he is one of my favorites.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Splat

I'm pretty sure he is just taking a break you can do that when you have been around as long as he has and being married to the bosses daughter doesn't hurt either.

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

I'm pretty sure he is just taking a break you can do that when you have been around as long as he has and being married to the bosses daughter doesn't hurt either.

Well I do know that he now has an office at WWE Headquarters in Stamford and he was instrumental in the draft process thats kinda why I was wondering if he retired from the ring.

My Backlog

Splat

Had HHH retired it would have been announced no way he would leave with out a major and much deserved send off like Edge got.

Edited on by Splat

Splat

The look on Bill De Mott's face after AJ cut his promo on Tough Enough was priceless. He still ended up getting sent home but that was down right classic.

Tasuki

Well it looks like Michale Coles Heel angle is over finally. Couldnt have ended sooner. Also did anyone catch CM Punks ring attire on Raw? I thought it was a nice tribute to Macho Man OH YEAH!!!!

My Backlog

Tasuki

Somehow I ended up being a week behind on Tough Enough lol. I just saw the episode where both Martin and Christina both got hurt. I was hoping that Luke wouldnt make it to the top 3 that guy is an a**. Hopefully one of the others will beat him but usually its the a**es that end up winning.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

Sylverstone wrote:

Splat wrote:

The look on Bill De Mott's face after AJ cut his promo on Tough Enough was priceless. He still ended up getting sent home but that was down right classic.

I was chuckling. Too bad he got sent home.

Yeah, that was awesome. You could totally see Bill was thinking "Holy sh*! this kid is NAILING it"!

And so happy that it looks like the whole Cole business is finally over with. I'm fine with him continuing the semi-heelish announcer role, though ideally i'd rather have JR back full time and have Cole move into the "anonymous GM" position and maybe a third man on the announce team (JR, King, Cole). Josh Matthews is ok, but he still has quite a ways to go before he's ready to be the lead on the broadcast team.

I also loved the Riley semi-face turn. That was a great beating, Miz took it well, and the crowd went NUTS, which really helped the whole angle.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

kkslider5552000

I just realized that the Michael Cole angle was apparently ENTIRELY pointless.

Excuse me while I break half the furniture in my house...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

sykotek

I may be alone in saying this, but Tough Enough seems much more interesting than the rest of the WWE programs (that's not a good thing). ...and man, the Rock looked like he hasn't missed a beat when he was shown on TE...then I realized that his appearance on TE was heavily edited. Its just like comparing his rambling in-ring promos on Raw to the edited down recaps on Smackdown. He's looking tip top in the replays. There's still a long way to go until Wrestlemania. It has happened with me before, I hope I don't lose interest in watching these shows completely by then.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Splat

I have to agree I look forward to Tough Enough more then Raw on Mondays.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic