Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 1,960

Fooligan

R.I.P. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. Truly one of the greats. Prayers go out to the family.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

the_shpydar

The greatest manager of all time, and one of the best color men in the business ever. R.I.P.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

i was going to try out for the wwf back in my younger days.
i was going to be a two man team like demolition but instead of two people i was strong enough to play both roles of two men by myself.
my costume was solid clear.
they didnt like my idea thus i was not recruited.
im not convinced no one wanted to wrestle me due to my costume design.
that was used as an excuse.
pretty sure they didnt want me to embarrass all the tag teams and beat them up all by myself.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@the_shpydar
here, let me autograph that for you. you can put it on ebay if you wish.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

bimmy-lee

I was pretty underwhelmed by Survivor Series. Could be my own fault as I had pretty decent expectations. It was my favorite of the big four shows last year, and it seemed poised to have some big moments this year; but it felt a little flat. I think my favorite match was the women’s traditional survivor match.

However, I thought Takeover War Games was superb top to bottom. Aleister Black is an absolute superstar, and Velveteen Dream could be as well. My least favorite match was the War Games match, but it was still pretty good. Tough match to pull off really. I’ve never been a big fan of the concept or execution in the past.

I’m real late to the game here, just thought to search for this thread, but I’d like to say that I think Heenan was one of the most important figures in the history of pro wrestling and the greatest at whatever he did.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tasuki

One of my favorite wrestlers of all time passed today King Kong Bundy. I don't know why but I always preferred his and Hogan's WM2 match over Hogan and Andre's match at WM3. One of my favorite heels growing up.

My thoughts go out to his family. May he rest in peace.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

So it appears that WWE had hired Eric Bischoff again. His new role with the company will be excutive director of Smackdown, while Paul Haymen will be the excutive director for Raw. These will be behind the scenes jobs basic they will be in charge with the storylines and such. I would say this is a good thing but with them having to report to Vinny Mac I feel like itnjust will be the same old stuff. I can't help but feel like this was a move by Vince to keep either of them talking with AEW.

I also find it funny that the got two of the biggest players in the Monday Night Wars running his shows now 😄

My Backlog

bimmy-lee

@Tasuki - I completely agree on that reasoning. They’ll probably give Bischoff a title and pay him to stay home. Maybe video conference him into the occasional creative meeting. The man should be on camera. So hatable. WWE needs a Dangerous Alliance or NWO so bad right now. I’m completely burned out on their product. I would drop the network if AEW figures out a way to stream their shows this fall, as much as I would miss NXT. I’m glad you resurrected this thread.

Edit - And RIP Bundy. Great match with Hogan at WM2. Great monster heel. He almost killed Haiti Kid.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

jump

It wont make a difference, they hired Pritchard back a few months ago and nothing changed. Both Heyman and Bischoff are products of 90s wrestling who ran their companies into the ground in the 00s. They need the modern day equivalents of promoters who have their finger on the pulse, basically they should have hired The Elite instead.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

bimmy-lee

@jump - The problem is that they’re trying to have a finger on the pulse. Good wrestling and storylines now are the same as 20-30 years ago. The hippest promotions going right now are NXT and AEW, and both are old school pro rasslin. Wrestling is at its best when it’s at its simplest, it’s always been that way, and it always will be.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tasuki

@bimmy-lee I believe AEWs shows will be streamed on the BR LIve app ( Bleacher Report). This Saturday they are going to be streaming Fyter Fest for free all you have to do is download the app.

@jump Agree. Funny thing is WWE had meetings with The Young Bucks a few months ago to get them to sign with WWE but as they said they wouldn't have the creative controll that other places like RoH, New Japan and such give them which is why they created AEW. Basically the Jacksonville Jaguars owner asked them if I give you the money do you really think you can run it.

My Backlog

bimmy-lee

@Tasuki - Thanks, yeah, I knew about the event this Saturday, but I didn’t know they had something worked out to stream the shows when they’re on Turner this fall. Seems weird to stream a cable show on the BR Live app, but I hope it happens.

limby-bee was a jerk.

jump

bimmy-lee wrote:

jump - The problem is that they’re trying to have a finger on the pulse. Good wrestling and storylines now are the same as 20-30 years ago. The hippest promotions going right now are NXT and AEW, and both are old school pro rasslin. Wrestling is at its best when it’s at its simplest, it’s always been that way, and it always will be.

I disagree, go back 20 years and you're watching Russo's insanity of train wreck TV at work. Swerves for the sake of it, Bra and Panties matches*, comedy bits like Mae Young giving birth to a hand or Rocks This Is Your Life etc which was the hottest thing in wrestling and very not old skool.

Although I have got to give it to Russo with two keys things he focussed on, everyone on the card should feel important whilst having a direction and face/heel are a thing of the past so just have big personalities conflicting.

*after posting I just had a thought of the outrage that would have happened if the 'mania main event of Becky, Ronda & Charlotte was announced with the stipulation of a bra and panties lol

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

bimmy-lee

@jump - Ha, yes, Russo would have had a much different kind of three way in mind for those fine women. I love the Rock and Sock segment, but generally feel Russo was awful. I also feel the main reason anyone even saw the segments you mentioned is because they were buoyed by the very simple, very massive storyline of Stone Cold vs the authority. That’s as simple as it gets, and it drove pro wrestling to some of its greatest heights.

Rock and Sock was very brief. If you think about the biggest, longest lasting storylines in wrestling that are still talked about today, they’re very traditional stories. The Horsemen broke Dusty’s leg and put him on hard times. Dusty wants revenge! The two most popular wrestlers of the time shook hands. The Mega Powers unite! Hogan had wandering eyes. The Mega Powers explode! A guy hates his boss. Attitude Era! Daniel Bryan is a B+ player. OMG, the little guy defied the odds and won the title at mania!

I want clear cut faces and heels who have a personal problem with one another, or one wants the title the other one holds. Solid mic work, great in ring performances, and blood. These are the things that have always brought wrestling to its highest highs and made it culturally relevant.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

@Tasuki - Didn’t know, thanks.

limby-bee was a jerk.

the_shpydar

As a die-hard fan and supporter of Bischoff for well over 20 years, i am happy about this.

But as someone who knows at the end of the day, Vince is still gonna Vince no matter who is working for him, i have very little faith anything will change in WWE. It's damn near insufferable these days, and considering the talent they have under contract, it's astounding how bad their overall product has become.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

bimmy-lee

@Tasuki - I only visit BR occasionally during NFL season. I don’t read about rasslin online. Just listen to some pods. I’m glad to know this though. That information was enough for me to cancel auto renewal on the WWE network. Looks like I’ll give that money to BR/Turner starting this fall.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic