Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,461 to 1,473 of 1,473

Fooligan

@shonenjump86 What did you think of Balls bro? I only saw Joe vs. Brock. I didn't like what I saw. It was okay I just have a problem with the end. They need to take the belt off Brock. No more part timer champions!

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

shonenjump86

@Fooligan I thought the ppv was just ok. I had a feeling Joe wasn't going to win. I say Brock will hold the belt till SummerSlam. But I hear ya on the part timer champions.

Yo, what's up? Not a fanboy to any console, but I do spend time on Xbox 360 more than anything else at the moment. I play a lot of fighting games such as Street Fighter, Tekken, and Dead or Alive.
PSN: shonen86
Xbox Live: shonenjump86
3DS: 4339 2566 1897
Add me if you l...

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2566-1897 | Nintendo Network ID: Shonenjump86

Fooligan

New... Day Rocks! New.. Day Rocks!! New Day Rocks!!!
Untitled
Battleground was this past Sunday. The New Day became the new Smackdown Tag Team Champions. I would have written this earlier, but my phone was acting screwy about giving me address for this picture.

Do any of you guys watch Xavier Woods (pictured above with his trombone, Francesca 2) YouTube channel UpUpDwnDwn? He plays video games with other WWE superstars. I thought I'd bring it up since we are on a video game site on a wrestling thread.

Edited on by Fooligan

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

the_shpydar

I've watched some of UpUpDownDown, and it's always enjoyable. It's just great seeing the wrestlers out-of-character and having a good time rather than being forced to read scripted lines fed to them by the mediocre WWE "writing team".

Meanwhile, after having watched him for years in New Japan, it's kind of depressing to see how lackluster the fed has been handling Nakamura. Sure, he's getting a push and is towards the top of the card which is as it should be, but he's been so neutered to fit in with the generic WWE style and booking.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

A legend has passed, R.I.P. to one of the greatest managers of all time Bobby the Brain Heenan.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Fooligan

R.I.P. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. Truly one of the greats. Prayers go out to the family.

the_shpydar

The greatest manager of all time, and one of the best color men in the business ever. R.I.P.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

i was going to try out for the wwf back in my younger days.
i was going to be a two man team like demolition but instead of two people i was strong enough to play both roles of two men by myself.
my costume was solid clear.
they didnt like my idea thus i was not recruited.
im not convinced no one wanted to wrestle me due to my costume design.
that was used as an excuse.
pretty sure they didnt want me to embarrass all the tag teams and beat them up all by myself.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@the_shpydar
here, let me autograph that for you. you can put it on ebay if you wish.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

bimmy-lee

I was pretty underwhelmed by Survivor Series. Could be my own fault as I had pretty decent expectations. It was my favorite of the big four shows last year, and it seemed poised to have some big moments this year; but it felt a little flat. I think my favorite match was the women’s traditional survivor match.

However, I thought Takeover War Games was superb top to bottom. Aleister Black is an absolute superstar, and Velveteen Dream could be as well. My least favorite match was the War Games match, but it was still pretty good. Tough match to pull off really. I’ve never been a big fan of the concept or execution in the past.

I’m real late to the game here, just thought to search for this thread, but I’d like to say that I think Heenan was one of the most important figures in the history of pro wrestling and the greatest at whatever he did.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

bimmy-lee

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic