Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,959

Tasuki

@jump You have nothing to worry about Angle and Goldberg aren't coming back. Both have said that they are not coming back for the brand split.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

So I watched the Jeff Hardy VS Matt Hardy Final Deletion match and I have only one thing to say....

WTF did I just see? It wasn't a wrestling match it seemed more like a crude Youtuber made movie then anything else. Seriously if this is what passes as wrestling on TNA it's no wonder that ship is sinking. Wow just wow. Honestly if Dixie Carter thinks she can compete with WWE with this she must be high. I mean WWE isn't exactly the best but at least there's in ring action.

Just I don't know.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

Completely, completely disagree on The Final Deletion (though i understand where you're coming from). TFD is not the standard TNA-fare; the usual TNA product is still the "WWE-lite" product, with some good talent on the roster (EC3, Eli Drake, Mike Bennett, etc).

But TFD was something put together by Matt, Jeff and Jeremy Borash (with pretty much no involvement from Dixie or Billy Corrigan other than green-lighting it), and designed to be as campy, cheesy, meme-inspiring, etc etc as it was presented. It was their take on the Lucha Underground-style of production (if you've never seen LU, while there is plenty of normal (good) in-ring action, they do storylines and such in more of a TV show/movie style, rather than the usual pro wrestling style). Was TFD good "wrestling"? No, of course not. But it wasn't trying to be. Was it crazy and hilarious in the best "so bad it's good" way? Absolutely. And it's created a tremendous amount of buzz for TNA, which is what they need.

Hell, WWE even did their own version (of sorts) last night on RAW, with New Day's visit to the Wyatt Family compound (and while it was cool in its own way, as it really made the Wyatts look like the Texas Chainsaw-esque characters they should always have been, it was presented super-seriously and lacked the campy tongue-in-cheek entertainment of the Hardys' spectacle).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

Wow been awhile sinve we posted something here.

Anyway @the_shpydar to answer your question no I havent seen those videos. Honestly I havent been keeping up with WWE since the draft. Mostly due to the Olympics. I did however see NXT Takeover Brooklyn 2 mainly cause I wanted to see the Nakamura/Joe match and was happy to be able to see Bobby Roode's debut.

The most wrestling I have been watching is a new English promotion called What Culture Pro Wrestling (WCPW) which I am enjoying alot.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
Check this out, it's a compilation of the #Gloriousbomb vids that Ciampa and Gargano posted on Twitter:

They've done a few more and they are always hilarious.

I'm familiar with WCPW, as i regularly watch King Ross's "WTF Moments" videos, but i haven't watched any of their new promotion stuff (though i should check it out, especially as they've been getting a lot of great talent showing up there).

To bring it all full circle, one of the intros to a recent episode of King Ross's "WTF Moments" was a parody of the #Gloriousbomb videos, with Adam and Jack the Jobber popping up on Ross, complete with his own parody theme:

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@the_shpydar Freakin hilarious. I especially liked the bathroom scene. I will add I have watched a few matches with Gargano and Ciampa and they are quickly becoming two of my favorite to watch in the ring now.

As for WCPW they usually do a weekly episode ala Raw or Smackdown and then a big show like a PPV once a month. Yeah they have alot of good talent there that I enjoy watching plus it's nice to see some of my WWE/TNA favorites like Aaron Stevens who was Daiman Sandow in WWE, Jay Lethal, EC3 and I can't wait for Kurt Angle. I also like their own talent like Joe Hendry, Joe Coffee, and Adam Blampiae has got to be one of the best villain managers to come along in a long time. You can catch all their shows on their Youtube channel.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So has anyone been watching What Culture Pro Wrestling? The managed now to sign former WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio! I have to say Alberto looks a whole lot happier in WCPW then he did this last time in WWE, but as usual WWE doesn't know how to use their talent.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So rumors are popping up and even Jim Ross's twitter is saying that the next resident of Suplex City will be Goldberg. According to several places the Survivor Series main event will be Lesnar VS Goldberg.

My Backlog

jump

Meh, Goldberg-Lesnar was rubbish last time and keep in mind Goldberg was never a good worker even in his peak so I'm not expecting much now.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Tasuki

@jump Thing is last time they wanted Goldberg and Lesnar to do a wrestling match. Lesnar's matches now tend to be more of a UFC then a wrestling match. They don't have much build up in storyline and for the most part he goes out there and just fights very little seems planned out. So in that regard I think they can pull off a Goldberg/Lesnar match better this time around. The only concern I have is Goldberg's age and condition compared to Lesnar's.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

All i know is that i was at Wrestlemania XX at MSG when they had Goldberg vs Lesnar (with Stone Cold as the special guest referee). Both of them were leaving the company after the match, and everyone knew it ... the result was an absolutely horrible match (it was very clear neither of them cared about anything more than getting their payday and getting out of there) that had us all boo them the eff out of the building.

Honestly, the only thing that saved that match at all was a couple guys in the crowd ... the first guy was dressed like Hogan, and was kind of posing and such and entertaining the crowd. Then a few minutes later, another guy (several sections away, probably about a quarter of the way around the arena) stood up dressed like Macho Man and started pointing over at the Hogan-guy, and the two of them started having a little pose-off kind of thing. It was hilarious. I actually saw the Hogan-guy outside MSG after the show and thanked him for saving that whole segment ... and i wasn't the only one coming up to him and saying the same thing.

All that being said, i do think a GBerg vs Lesnar match now could be very good if done right. If nothing else, i thing GBerg at least wants to wash off the stink of the WMXX match, and he's also said that he wants his son to see him wrestle, and i think that alone would motivate him to do everything he could to put on a good solid match.

The Shpydarloggery

ogo79

i will body slam all of you into oblivion
Untitled
hello face, this is my friend concrete!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

GET THE TABLES!
Untitled

Untitled
ive got the table, and im holding it as hard as i can
10-4

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tasuki

As much as I defended WWE in the past, I am truly disgusted by the Goldberg/Lesnar fight. Seriously I had matches last longer on a WWE video game. Biggest wasted opportunity ever. Unless they give one hell of an explanation as to why, I won't be resigning my WWE Network after this month.

My Backlog

kkslider5552000

Tasuki wrote:

As much as I defended WWE in the past, I am truly disgusted by the Goldberg/Lesnar fight. Seriously I had matches last longer on a WWE video game. Biggest wasted opportunity ever. Unless they give one hell of an explanation as to why, I won't be resigning my WWE Network after this month.

I loved the match, but that's entirely on the basis that this is blatantly going to lead to a rematch.

Granted, I don't have the perspective that WWE is going to improve any time soon or that it actually matters (at least the A show), so I'll take awesome short term moments over safe booking and/or inevitably terrible 10+ minute matches. Especially for a PPV that literally didn't matter. This PPV doesn't matter.

And this PPV that didn't matter at least had the right winners and one of the most glorious clustertrucks with that last elimination match. So I'm happy actually!

Weird that Braun Strowman is the best booked wrestler in the company btw. He's not very good but i've been enjoying him the last few months thanks to shockingly great booking.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

the_shpydar

They have to be setting up a Wrestlemania rematch between GBerg and Lesnar. Otherwise that was effing ridiculous (and even so it still is ridiculous — each pre-match video package they did was several times longer than the actual fight!) That being said, there is something cool in it being a "classic-style" GBerg match (just quickly destroying the opponent), and it also worked as a kind of meta-commentary on big-match boxing cards, where the main event ends up being a fast squash (those of you old enough to remember Tyson's prime will especially know what i'm talking about).

I'm more annoyed by the booking of Super-Shane (seriously, a pushing-50 non-wrestler gets booked to look stronger than pretty much everyone, and doesn't even take a pinfall) and the never-ending force-feeding of Reigns. As King Ross would say, "New Era, Same Old [bleep]".

Meanwhile, i too am loving the booking of Strowman. It's been a while that they've booked a big man/monster heel well (i can't even remember the last one). Jericho and KO are great as always, and i'm also digging what they're doing with Orton and Wyatt; it's giving Orton some much-needed character rejuvenation.

The Shpydarloggery

kkslider5552000

yeah, I don't get why Goldberg is bad by the standards of WWE. Or even this PPV at certain points.

tbh, the bad booking decision for Goldberg vs. Lesnar in 2016 was probably booking Goldberg vs. Lesnar in 2016 in the first place. They did the absolute possible best they could with a very questionable idea.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kobashi100

dont ever watch WWE and only watch Japanese pro-wrestling alongside bits of ROH and PWG

just watched Okada vs Kenny Omega from Wrestle Kingdom 11 and wow! just wow!

Amazing fight, incredible action and MOTY 2017 no doubt.. Girls were crying in the crowd.

Got New Japan new year Dash tomorrow also.

New Japan rules!!!

Edited on by kobashi100

kobashi100

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic