Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,969

Tasuki

So do you guys think they will back track on Reigns and bury him like Casaro?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

the_shpydar

Tasuki wrote:

So do you guys think they will back track on Reigns and bury him like Casaro?

No. Vince is way too stubborn for that.

In all seriousness though, Reigns has the potential to be a top guy, but he's not there yet. I feel a little bad for him, because the whole reason there's backlash against him is just because he's been shoved down our throats rather than letting him develop and get there organically. Meanwhile, the most over wrestlers in the company continue to get mired in the midcard instead of being booked in a manner that will help push them to the top.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

bezerker99

I've not watched WWE programing for 8 years now. And tbh, I've not missed one second of it. Vince McMahon sucked then and, according to fan reaction from last night's RR, he still sucks.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Fans never had to chant "BS" or "We Want Refunds" back when tha NAAAAAATURE BOY was in the ring, brother!!!! I'm so thankful to have lived and experienced the awesomeness that was wrestling during the 80's and 90's.

Also... n.W.o. 4 Lifeeeeee~

Edited on by bezerker99

ELI-ASH

well look at the bright side Reigns wins the belt and rollins cashes in. i'll rather that happen than bryan having another short title reign.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Tasuki

So I have to say this years WM is looking to be a good one minus the main event. I mean the six man ladder match for the IC title looks like it will be the show stealer with all those great superstars in it and the Undertaker/ Wyatt match has my interest and of course the Sting/Triple H match. With all those great matches it looks like that WWE isn't expecting the WWE Championship match to be the main event. Anyone else getting that feeling.

My Backlog

jump

'mania looks rubbish so far, with no Brock, Sting and Taker to build up their feuds I'm really not feeling those matches. I was looking forward to an AJ V Steph fued which was hinted at but then AJ got injured then rushed back for a pointless tag match but at least Paige will be there. The ladder match could be good but it seems too much like well lets throw Bryan, the Goldust-Stardust Feud, Ambrose & Ziggler in there as we don't know what to do with them. Rollins vs Orton will peek my intrest if they make it a streetfight and Cena vs Rusev is the only one with a decent build up. Miz vs Mizdow being chucked into the multiman gimmick match is a waste.

I disagree with the main event not being the main event, it's normal for them to try and have a few major matches for 'mania, it's just getting harder to do that with a weak roster.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Tasuki

So what is everyone's guess for the winner of the IC ladder match at WM? I am hoping Dean Ambrose will win mainly because out of everyone who's in it he's my favorite right now. But honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Ziggler or Bryan walks out with it.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

I'm thinking probably Bryan, if only because i think they're going to throw Ziggler and Ambrose into the World Title mix once Rollins finally cashes in and takes the belt (whether that's at WM or afterwards).

But the bigger issue is that WWE really needs to stop booking the IC title like it's a worthless afterthought. The IC title used to actually mean something back in the day, but nowadays its like a kiss of death if you win — you'll just be repeatedly jobbed out. They just have the IC Champ constantly lose non-title matches to the "top" guys (Cena, Orton, Rollins, etc), or whoever the contenders for the title are. Has Barrett even successfully defended the title since winning it? I'm pretty sure that every challenger in the ladder match — even effing R-Truth — has beaten him in non-title matches over the past weeks. Ugh.

Regardless who wins, i just hope they actually build the title back up. They've done a decent job with the US Title by having Rusev be a dominant champ. I had hoped that by having Lesnar as the World Champ (and only appearing on selected dates) gave them the perfect opportunity to elevate the IC title status, but of course that didn't happen. Meh.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

jump

When ever I watch old PPV it makes me miss how good the midcard use to be, the tag teams would have the likes of Hardyz Boyz, The Dudleys, Edge & Christian etc, the Cruiserweight division had Tajiri, Chavo Guerrero, Rey Mysterio etc the Womens had Lita, Trish Stratus and Chyna whilst now the cruiserwieghts are gone so there's a lot less faster matches, the divas get 2 min matches and besides The Usos I'm not sure when the last time there was a consistent tag team rather than 2 guys put together as there's nothing else for them to do.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

RancidVomit86

Untitled
I CAN AND I WILL

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Tasuki

So various places are reporting that Brock Lesnar has resigned with the WWE and has announced that his UFC career is over. So I wonder now how this will effect the his WM match.

My Backlog

jump

Lesnar staying with WWE has been the best thing for the build up for this match, it means Reigns is no longer a cert to win which is a huge improvement over "this guy is the next champ, get use to it".

Nicolai wrote:

larry_koopa

arronishere wrote:

Lesnar staying with WWE has been the best thing for the build up for this match, it means Reigns is no longer a cert to win which is a huge improvement over "this guy is the next champ, get use to it".

I couldn't agree more. I'd say that the belt more than likely stays with Lesnar now. I'd be shocked if he loses, actually.

Also, the ending to Raw was just awful. They looked like 5 year olds arguing over the belt. Just terrible. Oh how I miss the days when Stone Cold and The Rock would actually get in each others faces every week on the road to Wrestlemania. They'd talk and, you know, actually have physical confrontations, unlike todays storytelling.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

Tasuki

Pretty decent Wrestlemania I thought. The ending I thought was just brillant. A bit disappointed with the Sting/Triple H match but honestly I think it's just Stings age catching up to him. I really enjoyed the ladder match.

My Backlog

kkslider5552000

I thought this could've been really good despite booking, but I thought WWE would ruin it the same exact way they've ruined...any interest in 90% of their roster. But it was actually really, really good. Better than last year's, which even for any of its strengths lived or died by the main Daniel Bryan angle. This was pretty great from beginning to end. Brock Lesnar has officially earned his conquerer of the streak title, because NO ONE ELSE could've made Roman look that good. I thought going into it that the ONLY way to save him from looking like an overrated undeserving jerk was to make him want MORE pain or to lose. He did both, so that was perfect.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Arckadius

The segment with Rock/Ronda and Hunter/Steph made me laugh, not because of anything that was said or done. But because it looked like HHH kept looking up at the sky and thinking to himself "Ugh, just go dark so Taker and Wyatt's entrances wont be ruined." That whole segment felt like they were just killing time for that, it didnt work. I wish they had started a little later so it would have gotten dark for some of the entrances, would have looked much better.

Arckadius

PrincessSugoi

I cannot get enough of Heyman coming out with Brock laying out accolade upon accolade and hyping up his next match. It never fails to get me pumped up. I hope this pair gets as much mileage as possible. #SuplexCityB****

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

PrincessSugoi

"Of course I like wrestling, that's why I hate it"

LOL that about sums it up. X-D

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

ELI-ASH

So TNA is canceled again(in september) and Ring of Honor is gonna air in destination america the same night as impact. 2 rival wrestling shows on the same network thats interesting. Also Samoa Joe made an apperance at the NXT special but he hasnt made a full deal yet with WWE so hes still allowed to do indie dates.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic