Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,969

Tasuki

Been going on a Nitro kick the last few days. Started with the first one and watched them in order I even have been watching the PPVs in the order with the Nitros and I have to say I am enjoying it alot. I forgot how much I missed Nitro. I can say this that I wish there was a real challenge to WWE right now cause that is what they need right now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ELI-ASH

@Tasuki I doubt that would ever happen again but I noticed So many of the recent WWE signings are legit top guys from the Indies & Japan. The majority of them don't fit the "WWE type"

At some point in the Monday night war both WCW and WWE mimic what ECW was doing with the hardcore stuff. Do you guys think at some point WWE would do the same thing again except this time the change would be "more focus on the wrestling"

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

the_shpydar

@Zerkie
Yeah, i just read that he was found dead. A shame. He was one of the bright spots in the final dying days of WCW (and those few years after in WWE during the Invasion angle and such). Never really understood what happened with him, but i think i remember some rumored substance problems (which, if true, might have contributed to his death, which is now being reported as an apparent suicide).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

bezerker99

the_shpydar wrote:

@Zerkie
Yeah, i just read that he was found dead. A shame. He was one of the bright spots in the final dying days of WCW (and those few years after in WWE during the Invasion angle and such). Never really understood what happened with him, but i think i remember some rumored substance problems (which, if true, might have contributed to his death, which is now being reported as an apparent suicide).

Yeah, I remember all too well. He was 1/2 of the Natural Born Thrillers! Sad.....

MikeLove

So I heard that Rollins nearly got killed on Raw this week when they were lowering the cage?

Untitled

I don't see what the big problem was though. Aren't these guys trained to take spikes in their spines?

MikeLove

Tasuki

the_shpydar wrote:

@Zerkie

I remember he was teamed with Rowdy Piper in some sort of Devil's Advocate angle where he would tell people not to pay their taxes and cheat on their spouse that sort of thing. Then Piper left I think due to his health and Sean just got pushed to Velocity and Heat. Then he left WWE to start an MMA career.

My Backlog

ELI-ASH

CMLL are streaming there anniversary show free on terra.mx Its basically their version of wrestlemania. The stream is on right now but the show will start in about 90 minutes or so. The main event is gonna be a mask vs mask match with Atlantis VS Ultimo Guerrero

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

ELI-ASH

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — WWE.com has learned that Roman Reigns has undergone emergency surgery for an incarcerated hernia. Reigns had been in Nashville to promote tomorrow's Night of Champions pay-per-view, and will now be unable to compete against Seth Rollins at the event.

WWE Network will be cutting into regularly scheduled programming during the afternoon with live updates.

UPDATE:

WWE.com has spoken with WWE physican Dr. Chris Amann to get the latest.

"I was in contact with both Roman and the surgeon who performed the operation in Nashville today. Roman had developed acute abdominal pain in his hotel room last night after his match," Dr. Amann told WWE.com. "This wasn't related to a specific injury that occurred in the ring. Roman has had a pre-existing hernia for some time, which unfortunately had become acutely painful, which led to him going to the emergency room in Nashville. He was found to have a large hernia that was unable to be reduced, which means pushed back into the abdominal cavity. As a result, it was necessary to perform an emergent operation to open up the hernia sac and try and push it back into the abdominal cavity."

"At the time of the surgery, surgeons found a loop of small intestine was caught in the hernia sac, which would account for the pain and discomfort that Roman was having earlier in the evening," Dr. Amann explained. "The surgeons released the hernia sac so the intestine could be pushed back into the abdominal cavity. Once they were satisfied blood supply had returned to the intestine after releasing the hernia, they went ahead and completed the procedure. A mesh was placed over where the hernia had occurred to prevent future occurrences."

Now that the surgery has gone well, the clear next thought was when will the WWE Universe be able to see the powerhouse back in action.

"Roman has been transferred to the recovery room and is doing quite well. The plan is to keep him overnight, give him IV antibiotics to prevent infection and make sure the intestinal function returns to normal before discharging him from the hospital. If everything goes well, that should be tomorrow," Dr. Amann said. "Most of the time, the recovery time for something like this in terms of returning to physical activity is between four and six weeks. This was a pretty significant hernia, so it will probably be closer to six weeks."

WWE.com also asked Dr. Amann to elaborate on how this hernia differs from sports hernias, which sports fans know often lands top athletes on the injured list.

"This is a completely different type of hernia than sports hernia," Dr. Amann said. "A sports hernia usually refers to a tear in the lower abdominal wall that attaches to the ligaments. That type of tear is typically occurs from repeated activity or sports. Roman had what’s called an inguinal hernia. It can sometimes come from sports, but sometimes people are born with these. It is treated differently than a sports hernia."

Check back with both WWE.com and WWE Network for the latest updates on Roman Reigns' condition.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/nightofchampions/2014/roman-reigns-b...

Any plans they had for Roman for mania are gone now with this injury, are we just getting Cena/Brock over and over again?

the_shpydar

Six weeks out would in no way affect any plans for 'Mania, don't know why you would think that. Wrestlemania isn't for another 6 months.

But that being said, i do wonder where they are going to go after Night of Champions, considering that WWE has basically no main event faces right now besides Cena and Reigns.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

The only thing I can guess right now is Ambrose coming back for one night only tomorrow night.

My Backlog

ELI-ASH

If reigns returns by the rumble things will be ok but any later i dunno i doubt they'll do a triple threat for mania again.

Ambrose is returning soon not sure if at the ppv or at raw.

the_shpydar

With Ambrose, it all really depends on where he is with respect to the movie he's filming. If he's still in the thick of it, then he won't be back for a bit. But i think he was supposed to be done fairly soon.

One thing is for sure, Rollins benefits big-time from Reigns being out; they'll surely storyline it that Rollins took Reigns out, giving him even more solid heat.

The Shpydarloggery

Tasuki

Tasuki wrote:

The only thing I can guess right now is Ambrose coming back for one night only tomorrow night.

OMG I better buy a Lottery ticket.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Wow was Hell in the Cell a complete joke or what?

First off I like Ziggler and I think he is due a much needed push but to have him take out Caesaro in a 2 out of 3 match and not had Caesaro win one just made Caesaro look week. John Cena VS Randy Orton (How many times are we going to see this one) . Then the fact that the WWE Championship isn't even defended on a PPV? WTF? I know Brock has his contract and all but if that was the case why make him Champion? And then the Amborse/Rollins match. Now let me say I really enjoyed the start of the match is it me or does Amborse remind anyone of us of Tommy Dreamer back from the ECW days? In fact Ambrose reminds me alot of the old ECW attitude lol. Anyway great match but the ending give me a freakin breakin Rollins wins again from outside interference? And of all people Bray Wyatt??? Now dont get me wrong I like Bray but why have him team up with the Authority? Andy why can't they just let Dean win? Now they just totally disrupted the Ambrose/Rollins story line cause now Ambrose is going to go after The Wyatt's and Rollins will just fade off like so many other great rivalries.

Yeah totally disappointed with this one I am hoping Survivor Series will be good since its one of the big 4 of the WWE PPVs but I am not counting on it.

My Backlog

ELI-ASH

@Tasuki i heard they pay Brock 5 million for 20 dates so they just happen to run out of them for the rest of the year. Brock should be back in time for the royal rumble ppv.

I dont think they are just gonna forget the rollins/ambrose feud just like that. I think they are saving the final match for a later ppv (possibly mania)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic