Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,969

theblackdragon

So who's watching Summerslam? anyone? Bueller?

just watched Bray beat Jericho (dammit, not the singing again... barfffff). too bad, Jericho's jacket seemed extra snazzy tonight.

and how 'bout that lumberjack match? it ended predictably, but it was fun to watch Seth get his butt kicked all around the arena, as well as Bo dumped over a barrier and Gold/Stardust go after Corporate Kane for interfering. fun fun fun for everyone :3

my feed's a little behind, and i missed the kickoff match, but right now they're going into the brie/steph match. yawn...

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

theblackdragon

meh, not a fan of the brie vs steph ending. too soon after the shield breakup — yeah, we all probably knew the bellas wouldn't really be a tag team anymore no matter how tonight turned out, but it didn't need to happen like that. sigh.

that kick to H's face was pretty sweet though :3

BEST THREAD EVER

larry_koopa

Can I just say how much I miss the Attitude Era??

Nothing against the current roster as I know there is a lot of talent there, but the crowds are just so quiet and don't seem to care anymore. You just don't see pops like Stone Cold and The Rock got on a weekly basis 15 years ago. Even Hogan coming out at the end of Raw last week barely got a reaction. Sad.

Give me the Austin-McMahon feud or the Ministry of Darkness any day of the week over this current stuff.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

Excep7ional

That Brock Lesnar fight though, lmao

Excep7ional

Tasuki

Wow I really enjoyed this years Summer Slam. The Rollins/Ambrose fight was my favorite but I also liked the Wyatt/Jericho and Reigns/Orton matches as well. Especially loved seeing Lesnar destroy Cena. Eat, Sleep, Conquer indeed.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

theblackdragon

are you kidding? Cena didn't even put up a fight. He looked dazed throughout most of the match. I don't mind him losing, but ffs at least try to make it believable. and you wanna talk 'five moves of doom', how many german suplexes was that, anyway? what a boring match to end with.

in all seriousness, where can they go with the belts now? seth's MitB is useless against Lesnar, and Reigns, love him to death, but is he really the man capable of stopping the monster that took down the Undertaker on his own home turf, a feat attempted by the best in the biz twenty-one times before him as well as the monster who freakin' suplexed cena like 16 times over in one match and turned his own F5 against him?

not to mention Lesnar can't cut a promo to save his life — the man just can't act — and also, he hasn't been a regular wrestler since his return. only PPVs and the occasional trot-out-the-meat moment while Heyman waxes loquacious and someone tries something stupid. are we really to expect that the unified heavyweight champ will wrestle only PPVs now, or is he just gonna gradually pound everyone in that locker room into an unsightly pulp?

i really think the writers have made a grievous error with this Lesnar push. the only thing that can save us now is either an injury, a miracle, or Lesnar vs HHH (because seriously, The Authority trumps everything nowadays... always a plan B and all that).

BEST THREAD EVER

Tasuki

@theblackdragon: I think this will is going to be one of those decisions that blows up in the authority's face. They think that Lesnar will help them cause they gave him a title shot lol. They wont be able to control him, he will run amok for awhile causing them to make a deal with some face to take care of Lesnar.

Honestly the WWE kinda screwed themselves by having Lesnar beat Taker cause if you think of it how will it look to Taker's rep if he couldn't beat Lesnar and then someone comes along and beats Lesnar like Cena?

My Backlog

theblackdragon

@ELI-ASH: it'd be like David and Goliath though, one good suplex and he'd be dead in the water. remember, Cena has F5'd Big Show in the past and dumped him over the ropes singlehandedly more than once back in his heyday. Taker is also a pretty big guy and has consistently held his own against other large wrestlers. somehow i can't see DB as ruthless or dangerous enough to take on Lesnar the way they're hyping him now, and coming back from a major injury, it'd be like throwing away all that expensive surgery and rehab time they've invested in him to have it be spoiled by one too-rough move. it'd be like throwing a chihuahua in with a rottweiler or something, so i'd class that under 'miracle', lol.

BEST THREAD EVER

ELI-ASH

@theblackdragon
brock vs bryan was the original plan for summerslam actually but since bryan got injured Cena took his spot. In both cases I assume Brock would have won the belt.

Brock beat taker so i dont see him facing any of the heels in the roster unless someone turns.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

theblackdragon

ELI-ASH wrote:

@theblackdragon
brock vs bryan was the original plan for summerslam actually but since bryan got injured Cena took his spot. In both cases I assume Brock would have won the belt.

i know, and i reiterate: DB beating Brock to get the belts off of him would fall into the 'it'd take a miracle' category, lol :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Splat

Brock hate Cena! Brock smash!

Untitled

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

the_shpydar

Splat wrote:

Brock hate Cena! Brock smash!

Untitled

BORK LASER AM CHAMP!

Glad Paige got the title back (yesterday was her birthday as well, so a nice present for her). I'm so tired of AJ and her stupid skipping around gimmick and such, and the fact that she doesn't look like she could beat a 5 year old in a wrestling match. Paige is relatively petite too, but the girl can actually wrestle.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Gamer83

Hopefully this will be a lot better than The Rock's lame title run was. If Lesnar just drops the belt to Cena or somebody else within a month or two that would be rather stupid.

Gamer83

VoodooTrumpet

He'll drop it to (the incredibly overrated and dull) Reigns at Wrestlemania

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

Tasuki

So has anyone been watching the Monday Night Wars documentary on the WWE Network? It's pretty good and watching it has brought back alot of memories for me.

My Backlog

ELI-ASH

I been watching them, i noticed on the replays they have an uncut and a edited version of the show. ( I wish they would do that for the ecw ppvs) I wasnt watching wrestling during that time but i do find it very interesting. Can't wait till they add the nitro episodes gonna watch them along raw episodes to see how each show compares to eachother.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

the_shpydar

ELI-ASH wrote:

I been watching them, i noticed on the replays they have an uncut and a edited version of the show. ( I wish they would do that for the ecw ppvs) I wasnt watching wrestling during that time but i do find it very interesting. Can't wait till they add the nitro episodes gonna watch them along raw episodes to see how each show compares to eachother.

Nitro was overall a tremendously better show up until 1999 or so, if only because the WCW undercard talent (the cruiserweights, lucha libre workers, et al) was infinitely better than WWF's undercard.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic