General Discussion Forum

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Showing 1,201 to 1,213 of 1,213

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,201. Posted:

they used to be more common, but they kinda held 'em all for one big group this time i guess :/

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

1,202. Posted:

I'm mostly curious as to what Heath Slater is going to do now that his 3MB mates are all gone :D

Also, the total list is now 11 (as of now):
Jinder Mahal
Drew McIntyre
Curt Hawkins
Brodus Clay
Camacho
Evan Bourne
Yoshi Tatsu
JTG
Aksana
Teddy Long
Marc Harris (ref)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,203. Posted:

Honestly I thought they wasted Drew McIntyre talent. I remember a few years ago he was going somewhere with that whole "chosen one" persona then all of a sudden BAM. No where to be seein pushed to the side.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Mr_Trill281

1,204. Posted:

i wanna say congras for macho man getting in to 2015 hall of fame about its timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

GO SPURS GO put flame out on heat...

Edited on by Mr_Trill281

Lets All Keep It "TRILL"...

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,205. Posted:

Holy crap they finally let JTG and Yoshi Tatsu go. Wow.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

1,206. Posted:

I heard a rumor (from colt cabana) that Yoshi originally was send by New Japan for a 1 year learning tour to the US. Despite been booked like a jobber most of his run im sure hes learned a lot.

They use to have cuts yearly but ever since they open the peformance center they became less frequent .

Animal Crossing NewLeaf Rulz!!
Town of Paradise Mayor:Eli_Ash
My youtube channel
current lets play "Torneco's mystery dungeon"
PSN:ELI-ASH

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753

AuthorMessage

DPad

1,207. Posted:

How's everybody feeling about the MitB results? Haven't watched RAW yet, will probably do so tomorrow morning.

I command the following plan, obtain green stars & stamps!
MOST ANTICIPATED WiiU GAMES:
1. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
2. The Legend of Zelda U
3. Mario Vs. Donkey Kong
4. Splatoon
5. Hyrule Warriors

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

1,208. Posted:

It was the smart move to put the title on Cena (even though i'm not really a fan of Cena as champ). The current working rumor is to have Brock come in and beat Cena at Summerslam for the title, which sets up Daniel Bryan to come back and feud with Lesnar, eventually winning back the title while also being the guy to beat the Streak-Ender.

But i still can't believe what a horrible job they've been doing with Paige. It's like she's an afterthought despite being the champ and being one of the very few female wrestlers on the roster who is in any way interesting.
Actually, i can totally believe it. This is WWE, after all.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

MegaScizor

1,209. Posted:

When they announced Roman and Dean in different matches in the money in the bank ppv, i thought the shield was done. But after watching today's smackdown, it showed me that roman isnt going solo and still helps his bro out. It was a great smackdown :)

Im happy that AJ is back. She always made the show more entertaining. Remember those days when she was manager and brian (with kane) were in anger management? Was so entertaining to watch xD

Edited on by MegaScizor

MegaScizor

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,210. Posted:

Ok can someone please explain to me what does WWE gain by having Cena keep getting the Championship instead of someone like Reigns beside annoyed fans. I just don't get there thinking.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,211. Posted:

Man, i miss WWF back in the 80's early 90's. What, with it's awesome slew of crazy characters and larger than life theatrical performances. B-)

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
NES FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Ark

1,212. Posted:

@Tasuki
Not sure if that was rhetorical or not but the short answer is...long-term booking.

A) Cena retaining keeps them from playing hot potato with the title like they've done in the past, especially if the plan is for streak-ender Lesnar to win at Summerslam. He hasn't even been champion for a month. The loss of the fifteen-time champ and megastar will have more of an impact when he loses it in a hard-fought singles match at a major event.
B) Roman Reigns' first title win would be wasted on a B-level pay-per-view instead of a bigger event like the Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania. He's being pushed to the moon and winning unexpectedly in a four-way rather than a hyped singles match when he's more over would squander his potential.
C) Orton needs to be rebuilt at least a bit before he wins a major title again. Kane probably won't be holding another at this point in the game. The stories that could be told with them winning wouldn't be terribly compelling compared to Reigns, who shouldn't win so unceremoniously.
D) Whoever wins the title from Lesnar, assuming it is indeed the plan, will get a massive rub. We know Lesnar's going to be at Summerslam in some form and anything less than a title match after beating The Undertaker's streak would be a let-down for many.

Lesnar's opponent options would be heels Orton, Rollins, and Kane or faces Cena and Reigns. Rollins is currently feuding with Ambrose and a heel. Face turns for Orton, Rollins, or Kane would be extremely rushed and no one would buy them as having any chance against Lesnar. Reigns losing his first title so early would kill his momentum. The logical choice is John Cena vs Brock Lesnar, as they're two of the biggest names currently in WWE, have history together without having too much, and can justify a main event on one of the big four pay-per-views. Even if Lesnar is expected to win, there's always that paranoia from fans that Cena goes over so it could be more interesting than the other options. Derailing the streak-carrying Lesnar so early would be poor.

Edited on by Ark

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,213. Posted:

eff Lesnar. Seriously. my perfect Summerslam would involve a Cena vs Reigns match where Reigns won (a nice long hard-fought match where he'd get the crap beat out of him in the process, tiring him out) and then Rollins would cash in that stupid briefcase of his and get the stuffing beat out of him for his efforts. that would make me very happy :3

i knew how that Battle Royale was gonna go just as soon as Miz went under the ropes. it was a pretty good match otherwise, i'd thought Seamus was gonna take it to be honest, and go Heath Slater, lol — proving why he was kept i guess. and that setup with Big E and Kofi was great too, i like this new thing with Kofi and his crazy ways of getting saved from the floor :3

i'm also glad to see the Wyatts losing a bit. builds character. Bray's eye was looking pretty gnarly though... owie D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon