Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,969

Tasuki

@AKJ9: Great article and I have to say I can completely agree with the points you made. It does seem like a new age is upon us in the WWE (as you can tell from my avatar pic thanks again to @Splat for finding that) but funny thing is not just a new age for WWE but a new age for pro wrestling in America. Jeff Jarrett's new promotion Global Force Wrestling looks to be coming along nicely and it will interesting to see how TNA reacts to GFW as well. Exciting times are ahead for use wrestling fans.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SM4SHshorts

@Tasuki thanks dude, your support is much appreciated. I do this in my spare time and write for WNS for free, so if you have the time please read all of my other articles and leave a comment/follow/share (either on WNS or my actual site, or both if you like!)

Please like on FB and follow on Twitter too!

Follow @SM4SHshorts on Instagram – the Super Smash Bros. 4 community channel for fun and original replay edits and general content. Send your clips to [email protected] for a chance to have them edited and featured!

Nintendo Network ID: SM4SHshorts | Twitter:

the_shpydar

Last night's RAW script (or at least the third draft of the script) was leaked online.
Check it out, it's kinda cool to read through:

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Splat

I guess AJ Lee is hurt/taking time off so Paige is facing Tamina Snuka at Extreme Rules. I'm sad. I was looking forward to AJ vs Paige...

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

I guess AJ Lee is hurt/taking time off so Paige is facing Tamina Snuka at Extreme Rules. I'm sad. I was looking forward to AJ vs Paige...

It really doesn't surprise me she is currently in a relationship with CM Punk she might have wanted to leave when he did but couldn't due to the fact that she had a title and other politics. I am really surprised that no one really picked up on that though especially since her shirt was the same rib cage shirt that Punk had early on in his WWE career. So we might not see her for awhile. Which sucks cause like you said @Splat I would have loved to see rematch.

In other news the autopsy for Ultimate Warrior came back and it was indeed heart disease that got him in the end.

My Backlog

ELI-ASH

@Splat AJ is ok shes just wanted some time off. shes on something called "injured/reserve list" which oddly enough is the same list CM Punk is in XD

Edited on by ELI-ASH

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Splat

I just hope her boyfriend doesn't talk her in to quitting...

Tasuki

So apparently a Sting Blu-ray is coming out in September which a few online retailers are leaking. I guess he cut a few promos for WWE talking about Warrior which aired last week on the WWE Network during their Warrior Week. So by the sounds of it WWE signed him to a Legends contract like alot of the older wrestlers have, which means probably not to much ring action.

My Backlog

Splat

WWE is stripping Paige of the NXT Women’s Championship saying she can't hold the Divas Championship and NXT Women’s Championship at the same time.

I'm not a fan of this. They should at least have her drop the title to someone cheating or something.

Edited on by Splat

the_shpydar

Splat wrote:

WWE is stripping Paige of the NXT Women’s Championship saying she can't hold the Divas Championship and NXT Women’s Championship at the same time.

I'm not a fan of this. They should at least have her drop the title to someone cheating or something.

I agree, but it makes sense from a booking standpoint. They obviously can't have her lose clean while they're trying to build her up as Divas Champ. And even if they had someone beat her by cheating or outside interference or whatever, she could come off looking weak either by the loss itself or by the fact that she'd just walk away without seeking revenge (since they won't have her stuck in a feud on NXT while she's working the main roster and defending the Divas title at the PPV)

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Splat

Tyson Kidd back on NXT and actually won a match... I love his in-ring work and think he is one of the more underrated workers.

ELI-ASH

@the_shpydar well Paige did get pinned by Charlotte anyways. I think it was clean but i wasnt watching the match completely. With Paige moving up that leaves the NXT divas divison with Baylee,Sasha and charlotte. I heard there is like 15 or so divas still in the performance center i wonder if some are gonna move up to NXT.

I listen to Stone colds podcast yesterday on 2 shows with Paul Heyman. Paul talked in detail about why ECW went down and why he was fired from WWE last time. It was very interesting i recommend a listen.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Splat

Bray Wyatt is so creepily awesome...

Untitled

MoogleMuffins

Splat wrote:

Bray Wyatt is so creepily awesome...

Untitled

Can you hear them John? Can you hear them singing?

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

Mr_Trill_281

Bill Goldberg comeing back to raw yesssssssssss....

"Its All About Those 2x Houston Rockets, 5x Dallas Cowboys, 1x Houston Astros, Texas A&M Aggies".

Splat

The Diva matches on NXT are night and day better than the ones on Raw and SD. They give them time to put together a good match and the crowd (while small) is in to it.

Splat

I have the Network so I'm not really worried about it but DirecTV and Dish Network not carrying WWE Pay-Per Views is stupid. I really don't see what they gain? I understand they are upset about the Network but they are just throwing away money and upsetting their customers.

the_shpydar

Splat wrote:

I have the Network so I'm not really worried about it but DirecTV and Dish Network not carrying WWE Pay-Per Views is stupid. I really don't see what they gain? I understand they are upset about the Network but they are just throwing away money and upsetting their customers.

From my understanding, their position is that PPV buyrates are going to be down significantly because of The Network, but WWE is still charging them the same amount to carry the PPVs on their service. I believe they want WWE to lower the rates to carriers for the PPVs to reflect the anticipated/expected drop in buyrates, but thus far WWE has not. So basically, Dish and Direct are playing a bit of hardball by refusing to carry the PPVs at all.

The Shpydarloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic