Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,941 to 1,959 of 1,959

TheBigBlue

Tony khan was probably jumping up and down like a little kid when he found out he could have both Edge and Christian. Even though they are both past their prime

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Tasuki

Well, looks like Sting's final match will be against Flair. AEW has announced that Flair has signed a multi-year deal with them and Flair has said he won't mind taking one more bump. So definitely sounds like that will be Sting's final match. It does make sense given the history between those two.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

jump

Flair needs to give it up, even with the smoke and mirrors his last “last” match was painful to watch, he passed out twice and it is a death in the ring waiting to happen.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Tasuki

@jump I agree on that. That's why I can't see this being a good final match for Sting. Again I can understand why they would want to do it, but will it be good. My son is thinking they might do a tag match Sting/Darby vs Andrade/Flair. That way Andrade can carry Flair.

My Backlog

D20Nat20

I'm a huge wrestling fan BUT for me wwe got boring 10ish years ago and i never got into aew the last okish televised promtion was WOS but even then A the series failed to be as good or even consistant as the one odd event and B it failed to be anything like the wrestling shows it was a revival of

I miss going to show i used to watch Future Wrestling Entertainment which also got me into WAW which led me to RQW and IPWUK

D20Nat20

jump

The backstage drama never ends in AEW.

Anyway, good to Samoa Joe as champ! He seems to be a transitional champ whilst MJF is hurt and they need time to build up Will Ospreay and Swerve to legit main events but I’m sure Joe can still make a good run of it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

Love Wrestle Kingdom, it’s my favourite PPV of the year ever year mainly as the Japanese and UK time zones align so I can watch it live during the day!

Currently watching the Mox, Ospreay and Finlay match.

Nicolai wrote:

jump

Ah the Royal Rumble, that time of year when all the casual wrestling google to see what has been happening since they last watched…only to see all the results are about all the messed up **** Vince has been up to.

Nicolai wrote:

NintendoByNature

I'm definitely more of a casual fan. I usually only watch the ppv events and even then I miss out on some. I just don't like the wwe talent that much aside from a handful. Regarding that fatal 4 way, I couldn't imagine being a daily fan and constantly seeing Roman eek out wins. I'm sick of it, and I barely watch. Just move on already. I was hoping for anyone other than Roman. Mostly LA or randy. Another ppv event where he walks away with a title.

NintendoByNature

MsJubilee

NintendoByNature wrote:

I'm definitely more of a casual fan. I usually only watch the ppv events and even then I miss out on some. I just don't like the wwe talent that much aside from a handful. Regarding that fatal 4 way, I couldn't imagine being a daily fan and constantly seeing Roman eek out wins. I'm sick of it, and I barely watch. Just move on already. I was hoping for anyone other than Roman. Mostly LA or randy. Another ppv event where he walks away with a title.

Some people are sick of it. But it seems that the masses still love Roman. I'm getting tired of him; he's nothing special. He was interesting when he was in his old group, The Shield.

Randy Orton is a much more exciting champion. The guy was a monster back then. To me, it looked like he was taking on the world.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature That is the main reason, I stopped.watching WWE. The fact that there is so much talent there but they just want to give the belt to one guy for years and years and years while holding other people back. I hated in when they did that with Cena (which is why I don't like Cena) and once he was done I was hoping that was the end of that but instead they are doing the same thing now with Roman.

My Backlog

jump

Roman was never gonna lose it at the Rumble, he’s only ever gonna drop it at ‘mania.

I am more okay with Roman having the belt than most, it’s still shorter than Hogan’s run with the title, my issue with him is that he’s part timer and a missing champ is no fun. And be honest, if this was The Rock or Austin a lot of the older rasslin fans wouldn't mind how long of a run it is.

For me a big problem of WWE is that it is so main event focussed with everything else feeling secondary. The main thing I’ve been enjoying about WWE for the last few years is the women’s division as it made other matches matter like when Becky was white hot or Bayley’s turn where she killed the crazy wavey arm inflatables. I’d like it if they built up the tag division, the b-stories etc to be as meaningful on the rest of the card.

Nicolai wrote:

NintendoByNature

I guess people like him, I just thought it was the opposite and most were done with him. It would've been great to have randy as champ or even LA Knight. Even AJ is fun to watch. Roman just feels like a 1 dimensional wrestler with a vanilla move set. The spear was cool in 98. Heck, it was even fun In 2003. Now it's just annoying since spear after spear. And the God awful superman punch.

How many times have we seen someone in the bloodline come and break up a near 3 count? The writing is getting old too. Again, I'm not even the best person to talk about this since I'm completely casual for the most part.

Rant over 🙂

NintendoByNature

jump

I know plans pivot and they have lost CM Punk, Brock and a few other big names recently but Cody looks like a cuck now that it is gonna be Rock vs Roman at ‘mania. The only way to fix this is if there is Rock vs Roman night one and then Cody vs Roman night two to “finish the story”. A triple threat would be rubbish.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Tasuki

@jump That's the thing with WWE having two world titles. They have the WWE Championship which is the guy WWE wants as champion and then there's the World Heqvyweight Championship the real champion.

My Backlog

MsJubilee

So they changed it back to Cody vs Roman. Cool. The backlash must have been huge.

I'm interested in what they do with The Rock being a heel.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Tasuki

So Sting's Final match is this Sunday. It's odd because I do believe he is the last wrestler retiring who I so fondly remember from my childhood. All the other names have either retired or passed on.

Speaking of passing on, R.I.P. to Virigil another one of my favorites from my childhood. Always liked his and Ted DiBiase's promos. Thoughts to his family, friends and fans.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic