Forums

Topic: woman sues after slipping on a banana peel

Posts 21 to 37 of 37

warioswoods

The Fox wrote:

Is she an old-timey cartoon character? Because I'm pretty sure those are the only ones that happens to.

As Amy Wong says, 'spluh'!

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Fuzzy

Haha. Similar to that lady who fell into a fountain at a mall whilst being busy texting. Just cop it and watch where you're walking next time.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Xkhaoz

warioswoods wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Is she an old-timey cartoon character? Because I'm pretty sure those are the only ones that happens to.

As Amy Wong says, 'spluh'!

Sylverstone wrote:

That is so.....
throws on glasses
Animated.

Untitled

So. Much. [size=15]WIN!!![/size]

Edited on by Xkhaoz

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

jaffa

JumpMad wrote:

I found who did it
Untitled

HAHA look at the banana hehe LIKE A BOSS

jaffa

Tasuki

She obviously missed that episode of Mythbusters where they busted the myth of slipping on a banana peel.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

James

@Tasuki Then Mythbusters was wrong - I've seen people slip on banana peels in the past. Maybe it's just a British thing (our refined sense of humour makes it possible)

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

Aviator

In some places in Aus, people squash grapes on the floor, come back later, and slip.

Pity they're caught on camera.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

theblackdragon

@James: I'd watch that episode before writing it off as flat-out wrong — they tested the slippery effects of banana peels pretty thoroughly. The myth they busted was that 'it is guaranteed that a person who steps on a banana peel will slip and fall', though, which is what i think people have forgotten. it's not that it'd never happen, it's just that the results were too inconsistent to guarantee a fall every time.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

James

@Des I recall a very funny incident in which my wife slipped on a banana peel. That's scientific enough for me

Myth: Laughing at your spouse results in physical pain.
Result: True. Ouch.

James

theblackdragon

That's a completely different hypothesis, though, and I'd like to counter it with the fact that I've busted a gut laughing at my husband more than once because he went down like a ton of bricks after something hit him in the groin. He's usually too busy groaning and stumbling around to land any hits afterward.

therefore, 'laughing at your spouse results in physical pain' can only be Plausible, not Confirmed >:3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

James

You make a good point. I guess it depends on the severity of the pain and its proximity to your junk.

Shall we conduct further testing?

James

James

I'm already constructing a masterfully intricate banana peel trap.

James

turtlelink

My dad slipped on a banana peel coming out of the car once. Freaking Chiquita.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

nicknintendo68

well it depends on how people step on the peel and it can work better if you smear some of the banana on the peel but ya i wouldnt want to test myself XD.

im new here i have a wii,dsi,ds lite,3ds this gen
goldeneye fc:458973347875 name:Nick
you may have saw me before idk XD
3ds friend code
1332-7718-9264

Morgana

WOAH! Why would someone sue about a year after the accident? That's just weird.

YOU WILL NEVER RISE FROM THE ASHES OF YOUR SHAME AND HUMILIATION!

Tasuki

James+Newton wrote:

@Tasuki Then Mythbusters was wrong - I've seen people slip on banana peels in the past. Maybe it's just a British thing (our refined sense of humour makes it possible)

Truthfully I cant say. I know when I was younger my brother and I while my parents were away tried to slip on a banana peel. We went through 2 bunches and never got it to work. Boy my parents were thrilled when they found out what happened to the bananas lol.

I do know as TBD said the Mythbusters did a bunch of tests and in the end they were busted.

In all honesty I think you have just as much a chance slipping on a banana peel as you do anything else given the type of footwear you are wereing how slick the surface the peel is on etc.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.