Forums

Topic: Wii Points "Card or Download" 2010

Posts 21 to 34 of 34

jwl

Here in Denmark point cards from shops are about 30% more expensive than buying directly on the wii with a Visa or Mastercard.

iphys

In Canada the cards are usually priced at C$25, so it's better to pay US$20 from the shop, but amazon.ca often has the cards for C$20, in which case I buy the cards. I've sometimes found the cards on ebay for less than US$20, and then I can avoid paying any sales tax too (13% in my province), so that's been the cheapest.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Magi

Both: When I can find the cards discounted, I'll buy them in the store. Otherwise, it's straight from the Wii.

Magi

Bass_X0

I don't like paying 150% for buying a card when I can get points online for much cheaper.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Gh0stie

In the UK Its shocking!
£7 for 1000 on Wii
£9 for 1000 on DSi
£10 for 1000 from Points Card

Gh0stie

Sean_Aaron

Yep, in the UK/EU there's a pretty massive mark-up if you buy a points card. I remember when they announced the new Nintendo Points card with "one price fits all" look and feel it was widely reported as a big price hike, but they never changed the shop price.

2000 point card is £20, but for £21 you can buy 3000 points in the Wii Shop (no clue if prices are the same in the DSi Shop). Pretty much rules out my ever buying a points card, I can tell you that!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Trin

Yeah, I've never used a points card, just use my VISA debit card my bank issued me.

1000pts - £7.

Not amazing value, but ok.

Trin

The_Fox

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Chunky Droid: Technically, that's called "tax evasion," which is illegal. I wouldn't advise following that procedure.

Odds of getting caught: 1 in 100 trillion.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Trin

The+Fox wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Chunky Droid: Technically, that's called "tax evasion," which is illegal. I wouldn't advise following that procedure.

Odds of getting caught: 1 in 100 trillion.

100 trillion and six, actually.

Trin

Stevie

I live in the UK and as mentioned above the points cards are dearer than paying online so I always use my debit card. I was planning on buying 1 lot of points from the shop so I could get a spare Wii game case to replace the cardboard case from my Wii sports, however I left it too long and they have changed the packaging now.

Edited on by Stevie

PhillaLoup

Here on the German Amazon Shop it looks like this...
Nintendo Points Card 1000: 10,00€
Nintendo Points Card 2000: 19,88€
Nintendo Points Card 3000: 29,05€

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Albert Einstein

Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

@Gh0stie: Uhh...why are the prices on Wii and DSi not the same? To me, that makes even less sense than the difference between Wii and card.

@The Fox: Okay, so those without any feeling of moral obligation can go that route if they want to. I wouldn't whether I thought I'd get caught or not, but that's just me, I guess.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Sylverstone

I wanna get a debit card for my own personal use soon, but for now, it's the store.

My mom allowed me to use $10 on her card for DSi Points once. I bought two Points Card in the summer (1 for the Wii, 1 for the DSi) and I plan to get a points card here in Jamaica on Friday if the store finally restocked.

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

Correction to a previous statement: Turns out there IS still sales tax on Microsoft Points cards here in Maryland. LAME-O! I guess it might have something to do with the fact that they still come in those stupidly huge plastic packages whereas PSN and Nintendo Points cards now use the activate-at-the-register system.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.