Forums

Topic: Wii Points "Card or Download" 2010

Posts 1 to 20 of 34

Gameday

I personally have a debit card so there aint no way im going to the store just to buy a card so that being said ive never purchased a wii points card... Is there any differences in the pricing "card or downloading" ? Plus if i decide i want a game late hours in the night/morning and dont have points i dont wanna have to get ready just to go to the store for a card. Plus what store is open besides walmart after hours lol plus you see all the late night creepers haha

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

LzWinky

there is no difference expect for the trip to the store

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Starkiller

Well here in Canada, it seems at the store points cards are about $30, while downloading is more like $22... very weird. o.O

Wii: 6384-4454-1095-5243 Mario Kart Wii: 2492-4524-4329 ([NL] Matt) Brawl: 0087-2097-5918
Excitebike - World Rally: 2966 0011 1622 (Matt) Bomberman Blitz: 3738-9648-1518 Dragon Quest Wars: 1634-4322-3201

theblackdragon

i dunno if it's true where you're at, but you can't find 1000 point cards around here, which is the denomination of points i usually like to purchase (no sense buying too much when i don't need it, and it's not like i'm getting some kind of discount for buying in bulk or anything). therefore, i usually just buy via the Wii/DSi Shop.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Wildvine53

In the US, buying a points card is taxable. So instead of $20, you would pay $21.64

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Mode7

I live in the US and have never paid tax on a points card. I get 2000 pt. cards at Best Buy for $19.99. Then I use that extra penny from my broken $20 to scratch off the back of the card!

Mode7

theblackdragon

@Wildvine53: it depends on what area of the US you live in whether or not your points will be taxed directly from the Wii/DSi Shop as well. that's why they ask for state/county information along with your credit card info, so that they know which taxes are required depending on the person making the purchase from where. that was another reason i was purchasing my points through the Shops instead of actually going to the store, but it's moot now that NC has passed whatever tax laws on internet purchases or whatev'. :/

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

TJtheHeretic

lol i use card cuz my debit card only has 3ยข

TJ-
Brawl FC: 3351-3728-1943
youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/tj9874

[url=http://backloggery.com/tj9874][/url]

ganondwarf16

I use cards simply because I don't trust buying from the shop

ganondwarf has always been short

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Wildvine53 wrote:

In the US, buying a points card is taxable. So instead of $20, you would pay $21.64

Unless you live in Oregon where there is no sales tax. Good to be an Oregonian.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Gameday

ganondwarf16 wrote:

I use cards simply because I don't trust buying from the shop

u sound just like my friend

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J

Gameday

Vaynard wrote:

Wildvine53 wrote:

how funny cause i jus moved to oregon recently

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J

Stuffgamer1

Strangely, there USED to be sales task on Points cards (Nintendo, Microsoft, and PSN) in Maryland, even while using a credit/debit card online was not taxed. They finally realized that was stupid and lifted the tax on the cards. Now it's the same tax-free price either way, so I usually use my credit card for convienience, especially to avoid buying an overabundence of points, like TBD said.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

jangonov

I use both, but strangely I save every card I buy in a small pile in my desk. There is 21 cards in there, and I know I buy a lot with my credit card. (in case you are wondering, I download A LOT of songs for Guitar Hero 5. I only have 53 games on VC and Wiiware and about 15 on Dsiware)

Edited on by jangonov

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov&#...

Vaynard wrote:

Wildvine53 wrote:

Delaware as well. Good to be a Delawarian as well... well not really. Delaware is pretty boring but no sales tax!

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

liammiller18

In Canada, cards tend to be 24.99$ (and sales tax ranges from 0.8% to 1.5%), so it's always worth buying by credit card.

Bacon, RPG elements and cute girls, what more could you want?

Stuffgamer1

@liammiller18: Are you sure you posted that sales tax percentage correctly? As I recall from speaking with some Canadian friends, it's much higher than that. My guess is you meant 8%-15%.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

jpfan1989

Vaynard wrote:

Wildvine53 wrote:

I'm moving to Oregon!

3DS:: 1805 2437 5220
Nintendo Network ID PhoenixFalconer

Stuffgamer1

@Chunky Droid: Technically, that's called "tax evasion," which is illegal. I wouldn't advise following that procedure.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.