Forums

Topic: Why Does Almost Everybody Hate Super Paper Mario?

Posts 41 to 49 of 49

Aviator

@Raylax Haha. Almost died of laughter.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

SuperMarioFan1995

I don't hate it. I dislike the long text, though.

I prefer New Super Mario Bros. Wii, IMO.

Best thread ever.
Currently Playing:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Paper Mario (VC), Zelda: Majora's Mask (VC)

Reala

To me it felt like a let down pretty much the whole way through, it was a 2D Mario platformer for the most part, but not a very fun one, which I never thought I would about 2D Mario,it just seemed to lack the great level design of proper 2D Mario's, the 2D/3D switching was interesting, but IMO didn't work out so well for the most part, 3D parts just didn't feel as natural, the searching between levels to open doors was a chore, and the leveling up part felt tacked on and didn't really seem to fit, I did like the characters and art style though, but overall for me anyway, the different elements of the game just didn't gel together.

Reala

Philip_J_Reed

Tails wrote:

text or not which would you rather have. Endless text? or horrible voice acting. (cue super mario sunshine acting for bowser peach and bowser jr.)

I'll take the unspoken third option, of neither. I'm stepping on turtles and jumping over pits. I don't need to sit still for several hours while the "epic" "story" that requires me to step on turtles and jump over pits is rolled out by endless characters we've never seen before and will never see again.

Oh, the fact that nearly every character was a simple geometric shape with a face drawn on it...that didn't help either. Definitely among my least favorite Mario games.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

SMEXIZELDAMAN

I liked this game a lot
My favourite Paper Mario game.

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Ravage

Raylax wrote:

Yay, another excuse to post this 2P Start! comic:

Untitled

Now that is funny!

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Pegasus

theblackdragon wrote:

from what i remember, the talking portions of the game were just ridiculously long. every time you think you're done talking about what you have to do next, they call you back to tell you something else. it took forever for you to move on to the next level.

Somehow I never could imagine a young kid trying to read all that. It certainly took a bit of fun out of the game, feeling like a chore at times. I enjoyed the game for what it was, but it wasn't anything great. Nothing I would really recommend to anyone.

Mario Forever! (free nipple suit and gratuitous butt-shots included)
PSN: MisterMumbles82

Kid_A

I certainly don't hate Super Paper Mario--in fact I'd say it's one of my favorite Wii games. The problem is that since it's under the Paper Mario name, people had certain expectations. It was such a drastic change to the formula that many people were just put off by simply because it was different.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.