Forums

Topic: Who loves Hayao Miyazaki movies?

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

RabidPikachu

I love his movies. Especially Princess Mononoke. I also liked Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. The guy's a genius!!!

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

OldBoy

Yep. He's a genius. Love pretty much everything he's done though my faves are:-
Princess Mononoke
Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away
Nausicca - In the valley of the winds.
I just wish a lot more adults would give these films a chance (well in the west anyway) as there are some very strong themes and issues addressed in them but people say ooohh i'm not watching a cartoon with subtitles. These are the same people though who lap up disney and pixar films.But yeah love i love em. Anyone know when his next film is due?

What's this bit for again?

_zoipi

I do. is one of my favourites. The onlt one from him i have to see is Porco Rosso. I've waited two years since he anunced Ponyo on the cliff, and saw it in the cinema(in Spain we dont go too much to a cinema, because is way too expensive for what there is[7€ aprox each ticket]) the same weekend it was released.

_zoipi

Twitter:

Popyman

I love his movies. Though I've only seen Howl and Spirited Away. I haven't got around to getting the others.

@Luigi: I don't know when it comes out, but it's his last movie...

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

OldBoy

Popyman wrote:

@Luigi: I don't know when it comes out, but it's his last movie...

Nooooo.Say it ain't so

What's this bit for again?

Adam

Howl's Moving Castle is among my very favorite animated movies. Didn't care much for any of the others I saw, though. Couldn't finish Spirited Away, and Castle in the Sky was good but not great. Didn't see any of his others yet.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Lady_Gryphon

I don't have very many DVDs, but half of them are his movies

Lady_Gryphon

Objection

I like almost all of his movies, with Princess Mononoke and Nausicaa on top but I really didn't care for Spirited Away, which is funny because that's probably the most well-known and well-received one here in the US.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

fudgenuts

I love his movies. My favorites are Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and My Neighbor Totoro.

Leap before you think!
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/samsam12
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/fudgenuts64

RabidPikachu

His best film I think is princess mononoke. It was second only to Titanic in 1997.

Teppo_Holmqvist

Only anime director I actually respect. He is so far above others that it isn't even funny.

Teppo_Holmqvist

Adam

Is that going to be a movie, too? I've only seen screenshots of the game, which looks great. I hope it comes out in the US.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

theblackdragon

i have no idea about a movie, but i'm stoked for the game. if it doesn't come out here, i'll import the European version. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

RabidPikachu

I also love KiKi's Delivery Service. That was the film that started me on studio Ghibli films. Anyone ever seen "Grave Of The Fireflies"?

Teppo_Holmqvist

RabidPikachu wrote:

Anyone ever seen "Grave Of The Fireflies"?

Yup. Imagine that it was actually double-billed together with Grave of the Firefiles. They thought Totoro would nicely balance Grave of Fireflies, but people were so depressed after Grave of Fireflies that they rarely stayed to see Totoro.

Teppo_Holmqvist

Tasuki

I just recently seen some of his movies. I dont know what took be so long to see any of them. My son saw Spirited Away at school and asked me to add it to my Netflix list. I did and I really enjoyed I than put the rest of his movies on my Netflix list. So far my favorites are Howls Moving Castle, Spirited Away and Ponyo.

IMO his movies are just as good as Disney movies if not better.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.