Showing 1 to 20 of 25
1. Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009 05:47 GMT
Just wondering if anyone on Nintendo Life has Steam.
2. Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009 05:54 GMT
I will as soon as I get a grafix card.
3. Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009 05:55 GMT
Hehe you spelled grafix wrong
4. Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009 05:56 GMT
Actually you don't technically need a graphics card to get Steam
5. Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009 08:54 GMT
Not me. Some stuff seems a bit high. Earthworm Jim 20 dollars.
6. Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009 09:15 GMT
No, but you might need one to play the games Steam provides
7. Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009 11:10 GMT
Not for a single Earthworm Jim but for the collection that includes EWJ, EWJ2, EWJ3D.
8. Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009 14:24 GMT
I also have Steam. I think it's much better than Games for Windows LIVE.
Edited on Mon 7th December, 2009 @ 14:26 by Ninten
Dragons are cool~ Wii FC: 8902 4871 6029 9319http://backloggery.com/ninten
[19:48] Ninten: lz, your avatar is weird.[19:48] Ninten: Reggie is like..."Duh, no Mother series for you Americans!"[19:49] lz2010: That was the point Ninten ;)
9. Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009 16:20 GMT
Portal forced me to install Steam before I could play it. I have not used it as anything other than "that annoying thing I have to open first to play Portal".
10. Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009 16:30 GMT
I have it just for Valve's games, on my Macbook (hurray for Crossover Mac).
Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread
11. Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009 21:23 GMT
What's Crossover Mac?
12. Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009 21:40 GMT
These guys make Crossover, and it's software that adds a compatibility layer so that you can run Windows apps / games inside Mac OS X or Linux, with none of the speed loss you get from emulation or virtual machines.
13. Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009 21:42 GMT
We have a group you know
Download reviewer, Nintendo Life
Nintendo Network ID: Capndrake | Twitter: Capndrake
14. Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009 21:43 GMT
Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.
15. Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009 21:46 GMT
Yeah I have Steam, and I think its great
16. Posted: Tue 8th Dec 2009 00:08 GMT
Awhile back, I was thinking about joining Steam to play some PC games I've never played before, and that it would be cheaper then retail, but since Onlive has been announced, I decided not to do it unless Onlive fails. Even though Steam seems like a really good service, Onlive just sounds better to me.
Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25
17. Posted: Tue 8th Dec 2009 00:29 GMT
No, it isn't. Steam is better, I can trust Valve, a popular and awesome game developer, more then some random company from out of the blue.
18. Posted: Tue 8th Dec 2009 02:05 GMT
The FAQ on their website suggests you have to pay for OnLive... D:
I had fun once and it was awful.
19. Posted: Tue 8th Dec 2009 05:48 GMT
y2josh wrote:Not me. Some stuff seems a bit high. Earthworm Jim 20 dollars.Not for a single Earthworm Jim but for the collection that includes EWJ, EWJ2, EWJ3D.
Oh well, that sounds like a better deal
20. Posted: Tue 8th Dec 2009 07:07 GMT
We have a group you know http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Nintendolife
I also joined that group quite a while ago. I even have my very first avi still on Steam
There is also this thread: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/other_gaming/the_steam_thread
Edited on Tue 8th December, 2009 @ 07:25 by Ravage
Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.Just Say No To Toast!