Forums

Topic: Which gaming publication has the most accurate reviews?

Posts 41 to 50 of 50

LordJumpMad

Well some games I played that have gottin Great reviews are the ones I regret getting.
I'm sure some of you have run in to that kind of problem before.

Its a Great game, but you just didn't like it, but it had great review from meny sites, and that what made you get it was because of all those reviews.
but in the end it turn out not to be your type of game.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

TLink9

Who ever can support their opinion of the score with facts wins for me.

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Ne...

GameTrailers has some really good reviews. The Screwattack section has some pretty cool retro bring-back videos every 3 days, and the site always has new and funny videos.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

dsmaster

I think Nintendo Life and Gamespot give pretty accurate reviews. Metacritic is also good if you are looking for a more balanced or overall score. The only thing I don't like about Gamespot is they tend to focus on the graphics too much sometimes. For example, I thought they were being picky with the graphics in their Metriod Other M review, everyone knows the wii has less graphic capabilities then the xbox 360 and ps3 so there is no use to pick on a game for hardware limitations rather then software limitations...

dsmaster

Kid_A

dsmaster wrote:

I think Nintendo Life and Gamespot give pretty accurate reviews. Metacritic is also good if you are looking for a more balanced or overall score. The only thing I don't like about Gamespot is they tend to focus on the graphics too much sometimes. For example, I thought they were being picky with the graphics in their Metriod Other M review, everyone knows the wii has less graphic capabilities then the xbox 360 and ps3 so there is no use to pick on a game for hardware limitations rather then software limitations...

The thing with Gamespot is that they're inconsistent. And they tend to place a lot of weight on little things that don't necessarily matter. Like you said, with their Other M review they talked a lot about the blurry textures. Now, since I haven't played the game I can't exactly say whether or not the blurry textures genuinely effect the over-all enjoyment of the experience, but given Gamespot's track record, I'm guessing it doesn't.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

ShinRPGGamer

Mickeymac wrote:

NONE OF THEM.

This execpt for NL.

most of the time

Edited on by ShinRPGGamer

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

dsmaster

The other thing that bugs me about some gaming review sites such as gamespot, is the way they review the graphics of a game. In my opinion, there should be two parts to a score on graphics one from a technical perspective and one from a gameplay perspective. Back to Metriod Other M, from a technical perspective, yes the graphics are not perfect and could have been better if they were on a better system however, from a gameplay perspective(or at least what I've seen in trailers and videos), the graphics supplement the game perfectly even though they are not high-def, they have a lot of detail and add to the game's atmosphere. Also, graphics should not be weighed the same for every game, for example, graphics matter a lot in a fps game but not in a puzzle game.

dsmaster

NeoShinobi

Which ones are the most accurate?

The ones I agree with the most, duh.

.... or something like that.

Bankai

I repeat my earlier question I posed to Otaku to you, WaveBoy - do you actually read Famitsu, or are you just guessing that the reviews are accurate based on the score they give the game.

Because I do read Famitsu, and the reviews are not that great.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.