Forums

Topic: When you loose something, have you loost it?

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

Bass_X0

Whats with all the people spelling 'lose' as 'loose'? Are schools that bad these days? Its not just a few people here and there, its quite common for it to be a simple typo. I'd like to know what goes on in the brains of the people who type 'loose' when they mean 'lose'. That they're too lazy to change it or does it look correct to them? I'm sure there are people who think 'loose' is the correct way to spell 'lose'. Its not even some uncommon usage of the word 'loose' either as in "let loose the dogs". Its more "they have loose my respect".

So then...
'loose' = 'lose'
'loost' = 'lost'
'loosing' = 'losing'
'looser' = 'loser'

Does that look right to anybody at all?

Are you guilty of doing this yourself or are you just annoyed by it as I am?

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

rayword45

I was gonna come in here to ridicule you. So yes, I am as annoyed by it as you.

Also, people misspell on the internet because they're lazy pieces of crap or somehow they think it's cool.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

MrWalkieTalkie

Kids are always dumb. Right now, from the very classroom I'm typing this from on my phone, there's a kid who wrote "Your gay" on the chalkboard and drew an arrow pointing towards me. I just laughed at the fact he's a senior and doesn't know the difference between "you're" and "your". XD XD XD

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

CanisWolfred

Cipher wrote:

Annoys the hell out of me. Not as much as when people say "could/should/would of" instead of "could/should/would have" though.

Are you sure they're not saying could've/should've/would've, which are contractions of "-ould have", and you're simply misinterpreting it?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

The_Fox

CanisWolfred wrote:

Cipher wrote:

Annoys the hell out of me. Not as much as when people say "could/should/would of" instead of "could/should/would have" though.

Are you sure they're not saying could've/should've/would've, which are contractions of "-ould have", and you're simply misinterpreting it?

That's what I was thinking as well.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Eel

It's funny when you think about it, they're always loosening things.

Anyway, I have noticed these kind of errors are more common in people from English-talking countries. Funny.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Cipher

CanisWolfred wrote:

Cipher wrote:

I can tell if they're saying it like could've, 'cos it's softer, but sometimes you can tell they meant to say "could of" and it makes me want to throw things. XD (Particularly with accents being strong round here, you can REALLY tell.)

Edited on by Cipher

Tasuki

I have come to love the word tooken. I dont know about you guys but I here that alot where I am at. I tooken my car to the repair shop cause it was broken. WTF?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JunkosBoobies

rayword45 wrote:

I was gonna come in here to ridicule you. So yes, I am as annoyed by it as you.

Also, people misspell on the internet because they're lazy pieces of crap or somehow they think it's cool.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

SilverLightning

rayword45 wrote:

people misspell on the internet because they're lazy pieces of crap or somehow they think it's cool.

i NoW WaT U MeEn It anoYS Me 2

im SilverLightning i was @BlueLightning i changed my name, i was born in a barn in ohio i was put in prison. 19 years later andy dufresne escaped shawshank prison.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3094-8702 | Nintendo Network ID: SilverLightning

Omega

Not everyone is native english here. But that doesn't mean they necessarily have a screw loose. Or lose?

Ωɱɛɡɑ

KeeperBvK

CanisWolfred wrote:

Cipher wrote:

I'm seeing it all over the internet as well, so, yeah, people have come to write "could of" and the likes. It's painful...and English is not even my mother tongue.

KeeperBvK

Eel

Tasuki wrote:

I have come to love the word tooken. I dont know about you guys but I here that alot where I am at. I tooken my car to the repair shop cause it was broken. WTF?

ಠ_ಠ

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CanisWolfred

Cipher wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Cipher wrote:

I can tell if they're saying it like could've, 'cos it's softer, but sometimes you can tell they meant to say "could of" and it makes me want to throw things. XD (Particularly with accents being strong round here, you can REALLY tell.)

It's not really much of a difference. :/

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tricoloryoshi

I'd complain, but the only reason I'm not misspelling every single word myself is because of the iPad's auto correct.

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

SkywardLink98

I'm homeschooled, and my mom taught english before I came along, so I know how to spell "lost".

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

CanisWolfred

Omega wrote:

Not everyone is native english here. But that doesn't mean they necessarily have a screw loose. Or lose?

Except the non-english speakers have better English skills than Native speakers, at least on the internet.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.