Login or Sign Up
Posts 41 to 59 of 59
Mario and Pokemon.
1) Super Mario (I regard all the different genres similarly, except the RPGs. For some reason, I don't enjoy them.)
2) The Legend of Zelda
3) Animal Crossing
5) Super Smash Bros.
Zelda, because Zelda is awesome.
I'm not sure I have a favourite, I grew up with Sega and Playstation until I got my Game Boy Colour for my 7th birthday, I'd say that Pokemon is likely the closest to being my favourite since I've played every mainline release and always have a blast, really looking forward to Sword and Shield.
Edited on Mon 13th May, 2019 @ 10:58 by LockAndLuke
Xbox Live: LockAndLuke
Courtesy - Integrity - Perseverance - Self-Control - Indomitable Spirit
Mario Maker 2 ID: LukeWeb • KWG-R57-HGF
Switch Friend Code: SW-6391-2664-3323 | My Nintendo: Luke | Twitter: LukeWebster91
1. Zelda (Because how could I say anything else?)
2. Smash Bros.
Might as well have a list of my favorite Nintendo series because why not. Besides Mario being #1, they're in no particular order.
Super Smash Bros.
The Legend of Zelda
Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!
My Super Mario Maker 2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
Latest Level: Towering Treetop (XWR-Q76-MCG)
Hard to be subjective, I've spent the most money on Pokemon and love it dearly.
But I will die on this F-Zero hill if I have to.
Smash, followed by Kirby.
I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.
Ah yeah, I like Donkey Kong Country as well. The SNES trilogy, Returns, and Tropical Freeze are fantastic, especially DKC2
(1.) Zelda (2.) 2D Metroid (3.) Mario
Mario RPG is my favorite game.
Edited on Tue 14th May, 2019 @ 00:28 by CurryPowderKeg79
FALLOUT 4 (PC)
BLOODSTAINED: ROTN (SWITCH)
BORDERLANDS 2 (PC)
BORDERLANDS: GOTY (PC) 50+ HRS
DRAGON QUEST XI S (SWITCH) 80+HRS
Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921
1) 2D Mario
2) 3D Mario
4) 2D Zelda
5) 3D Zelda (only really played and thoroughly enjoyed BOTW; still waiting for a chance to give the older games a better chance on Switch)
6) Mario Kart
7) Wii Sports
8) Donkey Kong
9) Misc. Mario (everything not mainline 2D/3D or Kart)
10) Almost all others
Then there's a few franchises I've never seriously tried, but may try in the foreseeable future (Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Metroid) and a few that really don't appeal to me (Xenoblade, Smash Bros; I know, I'm kind of committing blasphemy here...).
Yoshi, not only a lot of fun, but the series as a whole is adorable. Star Fox, just always been one of my favorites, I remember being up late playing Star Fox 64 on Nintendo 64. Pokemon is also a favorite, even if I fell out of it at one point, got back into it thanks to Pokemon Blue's re-release on 3DS.
Def Metroid and Pokemon but I do love a 2d mario game
Duck Hunt but I am still waiting on the next game.
Although I consider Super Metroid to be the best game Nintendo has ever made, Animal Crossing is my favorite franchise. Roughly 1k hours played across three games, from the second entry on GC (the first game was on 64DD), Wild World on DS, and New Leaf on 3DS. With Punch-Out as an honorable mention.
Switch Physical Collection - 473 games (as of December 2nd, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Tales of Hearts R (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke
4) Star Fox
5) Animal Crossing
In no particular order:
Honourable mention goes to Mii-based games like the Tomodachi series and Miitopia, I simply adore their humour and would love to see more of this. Also Yoshi, haven't played all games there but am very fond of Island (SNES) and Woolly World's co-op - haven't played Crafted World yet but it's on my list and I'm really looking forward to it.
Currently playing: ACNL, Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Art Academy, Minecraft, Mario Tennis Aces
Sidegames: Super Kirby Clash, Overcooked 2, Kirby's Dream Land 3
Looking forward to: Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokémon Swish
Hyped for: ACNH
I actually don't care much for most Nintendo franchises, strangely enough. I love most earlier games but then couldn't get into any of the later games of each franchise.
Loved Zelda II and III, but couldn't care for any after that.
Loved Mario World but can't really enjoy any of the later offerings.
Super Metroid is awesome, couldn't get into Prime, even with the awesome Wii control scheme.
F-Zero on N64 was great, on GC it just wasn't the same for me.
I quite like Smash, the quality has been consistent and I have enjoyed the GC, Wii and now Switch offerings, but it's not something I pick up every day.
So I guess... Animal Crossing?
How about the top... 30 (apparently) games that I've played at least 2 games from the series (though usually all of them that came to the west)
1. Smash Bros - Nothing beats the hype for a new smash game, and I always put hundreds of hours in
2. Metroid - Speaking of hype, whether it's 2D or 3D Metroid games have never disappointed me. Even Hunters I ended up putting so many hours into thanks to the multiplayer component.
3. Zelda - A new Zelda is always a big deal, in any format.
4. Mario (3D Platformer) - Same with Mario, but not quite as big a deal as a new Zelda. Honestly though, they're neck and neck.
5. Donkey Kong - With 6 absolutely wonderful games in the series (DKC+DK'94), and a ton of fun if not quite as good others, it's easily the top tier 2D platformer Nintendo has.
6. Splatoon - So good. Not to much to say here, other than that the lack of full size single player content in the main games is the only reason it's so low.
7. Wario Platformers - From Wario Land 2 to Master of Disguise, Wario's done a ton of different type of platforming, and it's mostly been amazing.
8. Pikmin - There's nothing I can dock Pikmin for other than being one of my least favorite genres (RTS). Despite that, Pikmin is wonderful, and we need Pikmin 4 already.
9. Kirby - Kirby was what got me into video games the way I am (well, that and Indiana Jones: Greatest Adventures) and the series has always put a smile on my face since.
10. Chibi-Robo! - Such a good game series, I hope some day they stop butchering the IP's marketing since the games themselves are so good.
11. Paper Mario - This probably would be higher if it weren't for Sticker Star. Still, TTYD and Super Paper Mario are two of my all time favorites.
12. Pokemon - I uh... this is a rant on itself. Suffice to say I both love and hate this series at the moment.
13. Mario (2D Platformers) - Utterly satisfying, but it's been so long since one has wowed me that it's fallen in grace. Still Mario Maker is an amazing thing to see.
14. Golden Sun - My first RPG I really got into and completed, it's just simple and fun.
15. Xenoblade - Would be much higher if it weren't for XC2s issues with fanservice, gacha mechanics, etc. Hopefully they'll learn for the next game.
16. Fire Emblem - I've loved the FE games I've played (save Fates) but I never seem to actually get excited for the next one, or tracking down the ones I've missed? I dunno.
17. Nintendo Wars - Very good series, pretty much neck in neck with FE.
18. Mario Kart - So good, and yet I haven't been really wowed since Double Dash or DS, whichever was more recent. 8 is the ultimate refinement, and yet I crave something new instead.
19. Yoshi - Yoshi's Island is a masterpiece, Woolly World is wonderful, and Yoshi's Island 2 and Crafted World are great though not on the level of their predecessors. But then you have... the rest of the series.
20. Mario & Luigi
24. Custom Robo
26. Star Fox
27. Mario Sports
28. Mario Party
29. Nintendo (Wii Series, NintendoLand, the standard Sports games on NES, etc.)
Honorary Mentions - Bayonetta would probably rank 3rd if it was legally Nintendo's but with them funding the franchise now it deserves a mention. Baten Kaitos is in the same boat, though it'd be far lower. Astral Chain, Drill Dozer, ARMS, Captain Toad, Wonderful 101 and Geist all get mentions too as they'd likely push other things off the list, but they aren't franchises (yet at least).
Please login or sign up to reply to this topic