General Discussion Forum

Topic: Whatever happened to AlexSays? (UPDATE: Oh, wait - there he is)

Showing 1 to 20 of 34

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wiiloveit

1. Posted:

Remember AlexSays from WiiWareWorld / VCR? You know, the one with all the cocky, but hilarious comments that were always right? You may remember him as being x.SuperMario.x. See - now you remember him! His recent absence, however, has been very noticable (at least to myself). Anybody have any pleas to make him return, or at least some reasoning why he left us?

Edited on by Wiiloveit

It's Wiiloveit, not WiiLoveIt. So there. Wanna play online? E-mail me: billy at wiiloveit dot com
Twitter | YouTube | Mah website | WiiloveitTV (YouTube)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KnucklesSonic8

2. Posted:

I'm wondering what happened to Big=Sexy, myself.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Digiki

3. Posted:

I guess he got tired of arguing stuff, I think this is the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak http://www.vc-forums.com/marvelous-xseed-need-our-lovin-t1053...

Digiki's Backloggery

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

4. Posted:

It's a shame; I miss him. He had one of the strongest personalities in the community, and it's kind of weird not to have his "voice" around anymore.

Which isn't to say that I ever agreed with him, but still. :)

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wiiloveit

5. Posted:

Here is the article where he had enough...

Alex Says was talking about how excited some upcoming 3rd Party Wii games by Marvelous and XSeed were looking (Muramasa: The Demon Blade; Rune Factory: Frontier; Arc Rise Fantasia; Little King's Story), but some people decided that they didn't look too good. Below are the two final posts in that thread from Alex.

AlexSays wrote:

Refa wrote:

I think Sega is helping the Wii enough as it is.
Besides, none of these RPGs are going to be great.
At this point, I don't expect any less of a pessimistic, assinine attitude on this site.

Let's pray all developers stop making games because Sega is doing enough for everyone. And let's hope these games stay in Japan, because your crystal ball says they suck.

Absolutely disgusting. I've had enough of this.

AlexSays wrote:

Refa wrote:

You are absolutely right, we all know these games are going to be instant classics. Let's all be hopelessy optimistic and pretend that there's not a single possibiliyty that these games will be anything less than the ****.

You know what's sad, more than a few people on this site would agree with you.

I'm done here.

Oh dear. Thanks for the link, and here's hoping that Alex might return in future.

Edited on by Wiiloveit

It's Wiiloveit, not WiiLoveIt. So there. Wanna play online? E-mail me: billy at wiiloveit dot com
Twitter | YouTube | Mah website | WiiloveitTV (YouTube)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Objection

6. Posted:

Huh, I thought it had to do with our big "discussion" on the SameGame review page. Glad it ain't my fault. RIP, man.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.
Backloggery My LP Youtube

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

7. Posted:

The site needs him. I need him.
Well, wait, that... um...

Anyway, Refa was pretty rude in those comments, so I guess I can't blame him if this example is indicative of his general treatment on the boards. I don't frequent the forums too much myself, though that might change now that both sites have been brought together.

He had an eye for poor argumentative logic that never failed -- and was always hilarious. Come back to us, man.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Objection

8. Posted:

Yeah, I am just now getting into the forums. That Refa person was rude and very dismissive. I won't say any more but if that's the crap he had to deal with then I can see why he left. Another soldier lost in the Internet Wars to trolling.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.
Backloggery My LP Youtube

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

9. Posted:

Yeah, it is a shame. AlexSays was pretty confrontational in the comments section of news items (I didn't visit the forum so that's the only place I saw him) but it was nice to have him around. He'd argue, but he'd stand his ground, and he almost always brought a unique perspective to things.

Again, I didn't always agree with him, but I definitely respected his tenacity. It was a real shame to lose him. Hopefully he'll reappear.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PKShadowGamer

10. Posted:

Alex seemed kind of like a jerk, but he did have valid points. I always looked forward to see his next snappy remark.

Maybe he got flamed.

Statistics show that 24 Percent of Americans can't do simple math
Copy and Paste this Signature if you are part of the 66 that can do math.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

11. Posted:

So Refa's comments were the final straw, huh? Yeah, he was a real ass to him there. I've been wondering what's been going on with him too. He's a WWW/VC-F legend. He had that special talent for arguing with people until they saw his way, and he always gave a unique perspective on things. I wish I had those skills. Sure, I've disagreed with him before, but I agreed with him most of the time. I miss his loony comments and the massive flame wars he caused. ;) :(

Edited on by Ricardo91

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PKShadowGamer

12. Posted:

Funny because I see other people post flame comments and their comments get deleted, but AlexSays was always an exception XD

Statistics show that 24 Percent of Americans can't do simple math
Copy and Paste this Signature if you are part of the 66 that can do math.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

13. Posted:

I really never thought of his comments as "flaming." He made legitimate points about generally poorly thought-out logic. It's easy for that to sound like flaming, I guess, but it's just argument. Nothing necessary malicious. Sure he was sarcastic about it, but all in good fun.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Terra

14. Posted:

I'd noticed a lack of arguements on the website. I do wonder where he's gone as he certainly made the comments section more interesting when he argued with someone. He did make some good points, i'll give him that. I had an arguement with him at one point when WWW posted an article on whether Nintendo was ignoring WiiWare.

Didn't realise he'd quit over the arguement with Refa, i thought it was the arguement with Objection_Blatser as well. i honestky though It wasn't as big as a lot of his other arguements but still.

Maybe he's not truly gone. For all we know he could be using a different username or he's watching over our comments this as we speak/type. That's the thing with the Internet, you just can't tell.

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

Corbs

15. Posted:

I contacted AlexSays and here's what he had to say.

Hi Corbie.

I'm actually doing great; I just took a break from posting - and a break
from the computer altogether for the most part - and never cared to start
back up again.

I like the new site though and I'll have an excess of free time over the
next couple weeks, so I'll most likely start sharing my two cents again,
maybe even tonight if I get around to it.

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

16. Posted:

Yay! The forum will definitely be a more welcoming place with those Snoopy avatars all over.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

17. Posted:

1.) "Anyway, Refa was pretty rude in those comments"

There was that and the fact certain users knew he was in the wrong, and sent me messages saying so, but refused to speak up.
Like someone else said though, that was the "final straw" so to speak.
Earlier I had been called a "Nintendo fanboy" for wanting Nintendo to make more NEW games this year. Everyone told me to try third parties. Then I brought up the fact Nintendo might go six months without releasing a new game and I was labeled a "Nintendo hater"
I mean I love inconsistency as much as the next guy, but seriously?
Too many people on that site were bent on giving logic a hard time.

2.) *I don't frequent the forums too much myself, though that might change now that both sites have been brought together."

They haven't. That forum is known as VC-Forums and is completely separate from this one here.
Nintendo Life has cut all ties with VC-Forums.com.
Great move if you ask me.

3.) "Alex seemed kind of like a jerk, but he did have valid points. I always looked forward to see his next snappy remark. Maybe he got flamed."

Nah I got flamed EVERY DAY so that wasn't it.
Heck I even had users make accounts dedicated to flaming me. lol
It was more that I realized logic couldn't penetrate a certain inner circle and I thought "Eh screw it, time for a break"

4.) "For all we know he could be using a different username or he's watching over our comments this as we speak/type. "

All my posts are 100% approved by a unified name.
And Dazza actually sent me the link to this thread so I thought I'd check it out - and was relatively surprised -.

5.) "Funny because I see other people post flame comments and their comments get deleted, but AlexSays was always an exception"

Well see we worked out a deal where I bought the mods drinks every Tuesday.
Don't think they just let me ramble on though. Like any other user I was notified when I had crossed a line, or needed to tone it down.
And with this forums interesting choice in mods, one in particular, I'm pretty sure I have to be careful. lol

6.) To all the compliments: Thanks, I appreciate it.
I'm also taking a screenshot so I can bring it up when most of you say "Ahh I hate that Alex" lol

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Digiki

18. Posted:

What's up dude, its been a while.

Digiki's Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Objection

19. Posted:

Welcome back! I hope we can continue to enjoy ourselves while we agree to disagree!

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.
Backloggery My LP Youtube

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

20. Posted:

Digiki wrote:

What's up dude, its been a while.

Oh nothing out of the usual. How about yourself?

And yeah it has been a while.
I imagine this is what my high school reunion will be like except for the people wanting to see me part. lol

Objection_Blaster wrote:

Welcome back! I hope we can continue to enjoy ourselves while we agree to disagree!

Oh thanks.
And the one thing we ever disagreed on is no longer an issue so we should be great here on out!

AlexSays

Sorry, this topic has been locked.