General Discussion Forum

Topic: What video game(s) (if any) scared you when you were little?

Showing 101 to 120 of 144

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

101. Posted:

Chris720 wrote:

I used to be really scared of the Zelda games, mainly Majora's Mask. The moon's face and the mask seller creeped me out like crazy, it doesn't bother me anymore, but seeing those faces when your young stays with you forever...

Also Twilight Princess always gave me a chill, I eventually got over it, but something about the Twilight Zone gave me the creeps but I don't know why.

Untitled

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

DashChargedShot

102. Posted:

Who else predicted this? ^

Edited on by DashChargedShot

8 Bit Forward, a new forum with articles and review along with (duh!) a fun and friendly community of people!

My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi.

deviantART Profile

Yo dawg

"Yes, people can often be so blinded by their own motivations that they lose sight of the damage they do."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

103. Posted:

Twisted Metal, Sweet Tooth always terrifyed me right at the sight of him!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo, Dillon, Mallo, Wonder-Red, and Duck Hunt Dog for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

104. Posted:

Luigi's Mansion was my first game that I really jumped at. Even though it's not creepy anymore to me, back in the day I used to get nervous when opening a door to a room I hadn't been before. Luigi's hand shaking didn't help either.

Other one would probably Twilight Princess. Like @Chris720, I to was disturbed by the Twilight Realm. The things I hated the most in it were those flying headless things.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

105. Posted:

Metroid for NES.

Dark atmosphere
Isolated and alone
Creepy 8-bit music
and it seemed that death was always imminent.

Edited on by bezerker99

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Albobo

106. Posted:

RE 2 for N64 freaked me out, well until Kingdom Hearts came out..

Wazzz uuup!

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

107. Posted:

I was definitely afraid of the OoT Zombies, not to mention the Like-Likes, which are still disgusting and horrifying to me to this day.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

108. Posted:

I still get creeped out going to Moon Mountain Pass is Star Fox Adventures, the music fits the eerie setting quite well.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

MasterChordles

109. Posted:

Thread bump.
Anyways, Boating in the Wind Waker scared the heck out of me, and it was all because of those giant squids. Those things just jumped out at you if you didn't know where they were, and I could never seem to beat them. Thunder and lightning started and the music got really ominous. Then when I was told seagulls stayed near them, I freaked every time seagulls flew by.
Animal crossing also scared me. How you ask? Well freaking resetti! He yells at you, looks menacing, and even threatens to reset your game file. That scared me enough to never restart and give up the game for a good two years.

What the what?
"The pain goes away, but your work always remains." - Masahiro Sakurai
Miiverse page: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/GigaBlizzard
Nintendo network ID: GigaBlizzard

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

110. Posted:

All I can rember right now is the Zombies in Civ 4: Beyond the Sword. They were kind of scary back when I played it, and really scary when night came for that day, I didn't play that scenario for a long time after that. I believe it was called the scenario was called "Afterworld."
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

MickeyTheGreat

111. Posted:

That one level in Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves where you play as Dimitri and you're swimming and you have to fight sharks. The sharks scared me.

Formerly MickMick and Mickey. Now I'm MickeyTheGreat again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

If I haven't posted in awhile, it's probably because I'm with friends.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

NavySpheal

112. Posted:

The Brain Age dude's giant floating head.

In all seriousness, I couldn't play Luigi's Mansion without the lights on.

3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
Why am I re-watching Attack On Titan again?
NintendoNetwork ID: AeroTech
Used to be AeroTech on Nintendo Life ;)

AuthorMessage

CM30

113. Posted:

Super Mario 64, because that piano just creeped me the hell out. Indeed, I arguably still can't go anywhere near it when playing that game or its remakes.

Ocarina of Time too, because Redeads just creeped me out. And they've continued to unnerve me even to this day. Heck, even the Wind Waker versions were a bit creepy, and it was even worse with that Action Replay aided incident that occurred when I played it once (that caused me to end up getting attacked by one in a far more sudden way than usual).

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

KingH3nrry

114. Posted:

Resident Evil on the PS1 and Nightmare Creatures on N64

Miiverse
Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

AuthorMessage

crazycrazydave

115. Posted:

Majora's Mask scared me a lot, especially the aliens when you need to defend Romani Ranch. Hilariously enough, they don't actually attack Link at all, unlike nearly every monster in the game. A lot of talk about Redeads, they bothered me in Ocarina of Time until Majora's Mask where you get the Captain's hat. :P

Also, Pinky demons from Doom and fiends from Quake. Oddly enough, played Heretic and Hexen, wasn't scared of either of them for the most part (except Iron Liches in Heretic).

We're going on a bear hunt! We're going to catch a big one!

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

116. Posted:

Mario Party 4 use to scare me whenever some one landed on a bowser space.
In Super Mario Sunshine that one mission when you face that giant string ray, that gave me nightmares as a child. Than again Sirena Beach in general was pretty creepy. ._.

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

117. Posted:

Splatterhouse on the genesis, don't remember which one but I just couldn't take it back then, also that Jurrasic Park genesis game, still creeps me out even oday and i'm 22

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

Itsa

118. Posted:

I dunno if it's really considered a video game, but the RUN option in Game Boy Camera.

Untitled
Usually pressing it brings up a picture saying "YOU ARE NOW CROSSING THE BORDER" with happy music, but sometimes instead, this happens.
Untitled
Untitled

[16:28] bezerker99: the only way i would buy Other M 2 is if Mike Burns was involved in it B-)
[16:53] LzQuacker: I am poop brown :O
[16:53] LzQuacker restarts page

[17:20] BadKitty: I am a winner~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
3DS FC: 1160-9773-6180

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9773-6180

AuthorMessage

RedYoshi999

119. Posted:

Redeads in Ocarina and Majora's Mask still terrify me today. I always hate running through Castle Town when you're an adult. I try and play the Sun's Song as soon as I could then make a break for it lol. Like-likes are really creepy too. And most of Majora's Mask gave me nightmares when I was young (Ikana Canyon was horrible) Anytime I can hear a redead nearby I instantly get paranoid. Also, the Wall Masters(?) in OOT were horrible too.

In Twilight Princess, I was scared of the Shadow Beasts (their scream, the horrid music)

Wii FC: 8618 6010 9640 8956

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

120. Posted:

I'm surprised by all the people who played MM that say redeads.
Untitled
How is one even scared of this? :P

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man