Forums

Topic: What Time Is It?

Posts 601 to 620 of 779

Mabbit

tendoboy1984 wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

... I guess CN doesn't really care about real cartoonists anymore. It's all about kids stuff now...
The humor is witty and somewhat high-brow. Some of it would seem lost on the kiddies, which is exactly how the old Looney Tunes cartoons were...

It sounds like you've been missing the humor in Regular Show, Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time and Billy and Mandy. You need to watch those shows as they are right in line with you're wanting to see in the way of humor. Spongebob Squarepants also has it.

Oh I loved Billy and Mandy. I used to watch that all the time, along with Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls (it was a fun show, DON'T JUDGE!), Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Ed Edd & Eddy, Samurai Jack, etc. Cartoon Network has had it's ups and downs, just like Nickelodeon. If people say they are on the right track, I'll give them another chance.

I'm not interested in Adventure Time or Gumball cause the character designs look atrocious. That's the first thing I see when I judge a cartoon. If the character designs are bad, then I won't watch it.

Ohmygod, Billy and Mandy was so awesome in its prime. Right up there with Courage and Johnny Bravo.
I don't like Adventure Time because

• I don't like the art style. The flat, basic color and straight lines make it look like it was made in MS paint.
  • I don't really like the humor either. I may just be missing it somehow, but the thing that annoys me more is the fact that I don't see enough humor. It has it's moments, but they're too few and far in between.

I feel like both Nick and CN are in a slump right now after cancelling all my favorite shows, but everything goes in cycles so they'll probably bounce back in a year or two. (Although I do like Regular Show. It's funnier and has good art)

Edited on by Mabbit

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

LordTendoboy

briunj04 wrote:

Ohmygod, Billy and Mandy was so awesome in its prime. Right up there with Courage and Johnny Bravo.
I don't like Adventure Time because

• I don't like the art style. The flat, basic color and straight lines make it look like it was made in MS paint.
  • I don't really like the humor either. I may just be missing it somehow, but the thing that annoys me more is the fact that I don't see enough humor. It has it's moments, but they're too few and far in between.

I feel like both Nick and CN are in a slump right now after cancelling all my favorite shows, but everything goes in cycles so they'll probably bounce back in a year or two. (Although I do like Regular Show. It's funnier and has good art)

Can we be friends?

But yeah, after looking at that "Problem Solverz" cartoon, Adventure Time looks good compared to it. How did something like Problem Solverz get approved? How about they have a 4 year old draw their characters, cause that's what it looks like.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LordTendoboy

I've always wondered... How come when people talk about cartoons, no one mentions the Disney Channel? It's always Nick or CN, but never Disney Channel.

Has Disney made any TV cartoons worth watching recently? The last one I enjoyed was House of Mouse, way back in the early 2000's.

[...

Joetherocker

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I've always wondered... How come when people talk about cartoons, no one mentions the Disney Channel? It's always Nick or CN, but never Disney Channel.

Has Disney made any TV cartoons worth watching recently? The last one I enjoyed was House of Mouse, way back in the early 2000's.

Phineas and Ferb used to be really good, but it got really repetitive. It's still a good show overall, but it's running on a formula and it's getting stale. There was a movie a week ago that was really good, but I think the series is just about at the end of its rope. Other than that I don't think there's been anything since House of Mouse.

And I don't know what nitwit thought Problem Solverz was a good idea. They need a good smacking upside the head if you ask me.

Edited on by Joetherocker

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

kkslider5552000

Problem Solverz is one of those shows that almost had to have been bad on purpose but forgot to be entertaining in any way.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TwilightV

I kinda like Problem Solverz. It's way up on the bizarre factor (and it's artstyle does get pretty nasty), but the plots do make sense, which is more than can be said about the pilot that was made for Adult Swim (that thing's only saving grace was a Cameo by George Takei).

Honestly, the only CN originals I ever disliked were the last two seasons of Dexter's Laboratory (for it's grotesque artstyle change and mostly poor writing) and My Gym Partner's A Monkey (the lowest point of CN's history in animation).

TwilightV

RoyalBlur

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Disney Channel has gone beyond down the toilet in a way, I think that Phineas and Ferb is their only saving grace. However, Disney XD has got some great animated programming.

However, I utterly despise Cartoon Network's The Problem Solverz as the show looks worst than anything that I've seen a four old child draw. It was because of the grotesque art style that I was willing to give Adventure Time a chance and now I'm in love with the show and so I urge you to also give the show a chance.

Oh and why the heck is no one talking about Cartoon Network's reboot of ThunderCats? That show is EXCELLENT! It's on a level that can only be attained by one other show, namely Avatar The Last Airbender. If I may do so without being called a heretic by my fellow Nintendo fans, I'm willing to propose that this new ThunderCats might be the Ocarina of Time amongst animated TV programs at the moment. What The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time did for video games I think ThunderCats and Adventure Time is doing for animated television programming presently and at the same time they are redeeming Cartoon Network from it's recent fall from grace.

Now if only someone would convince Don Bluth to greenlight an animated series for both Dragon's Lair and Space Ace!!!!! And would someone please RESCUE the Dragon's Lair movie from development limbo??????????*

• http://movies.ign.com/articles/317/317231p1.html
  • http://www.dragonslairproject.com/community/related/movie/

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

RoyalBlur

I'm not giving any spoilers! Simply click:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/08/thundercats-panthro-exclusi...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=44130

These shows seriously need reboots by either the team doing Avatar The Legend of Korra or the people behind the new ThunderCats.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Retro_on_theGo

Since we've mainly been discussing CN or Nick cartoons. What do you guys think of some of Adult Swim's shows? I'm sure you all must hate a good number of the shows on there(I do), but there has to be one enjoyable show. Although the animation definitely isn't what makes you watch the show. Except maybe Robot Chicken since I honestly think it has some of the best stop motion animation on TV in years. I personally really like The Boondocks. I consider it a cartoon even though it tries to make itself appear like an anime.

LordTendoboy

The Boondocks was fantastic. I absolutely loved the art style; it's inspired by anime, yet it has it's own style. The satirical social commentary is very well done, it shows the creator really cares about the issues black people face in America, yet he is also willing to make fun of it in a lighthearted way.

[...

LordTendoboy

Joetherocker wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Phineas and Ferb used to be really good, but it got really repetitive. It's still a good show overall, but it's running on a formula and it's getting stale. There was a movie a week ago that was really good, but I think the series is just about at the end of its rope. Other than that I don't think there's been anything since House of Mouse.

And I don't know what nitwit thought Problem Solverz was a good idea. They need a good smacking upside the head if you ask me.

I've noticed the same thing with SpongeBob recently. Once Paul Tibbit became creative director (taking over from Derek Drymon), most of the old writing talent was changed, and the show just became very lame. "SpongeHenge" is one of the worst episodes in the entire series, and "Karate Island" was horribly unfunny. There are a few diamonds in the rough (like when SpongeBob and Patrick got trapped in the toy store overnight), but overall the series is in a creative slump.

Maybe the series should just end. Almost 10 seasons is long enough for a cartoon series (The Simpsons has also LONG overstayed it's welcome).

[...

TheDarkDee

^SpongeBob and FOP are entering their 8th seasons.

TheDarkDee

LordTendoboy

rob1nfly wrote:

Fairly OddParents is still on? I thought it was cancelled years ago?

And SpongeBob started in 1999. 1999 - 2011 is more than 8 seasons.

[...

Retro_on_theGo

tendoboy1984 wrote:

rob1nfly wrote:

If I'm not mistaken there was a new episode just recently. Either last week or 2 weeks ago on a Saturday.

Wildvine53

tendoboy1984 wrote:

rob1nfly wrote:

The 3rd season of Spongebob aired from Jan 2002 to Oct. 2004. I think it had something to do with a possible end to the series at the time.

Edit: source - http://epguides.com/SpongeBobSquarePants/

Edited on by Wildvine53

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Joetherocker

Fairly Odd Parents hasn't died yet? I thought they killed it off with that Drake Bell abomination.

Spongebob refuses to lie down and die no matter how much the writers try to finish it off with terrible writing.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

TheDarkDee

^ No, at Nickelodeon's last upfront, they confirmed it for another season.

TheDarkDee

RoyalBlur

Joetherocker wrote:

Fairly Odd Parents hasn't died yet? I thought they killed it off with that Drake Bell abomination.

Spongebob refuses to lie down and die no matter how much the writers try to finish it off with terrible writing.

I like Fairly Odd Parents a lot. Didn't they do a Star Wars parody?

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

TheDarkDee

In Wishology they did.

TheDarkDee

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.