Forums

Topic: What Time Is It?

Posts 581 to 600 of 779

RoyalBlur

Hmm... perhaps something even more curious shall transpire that will help to ease the loss of little PB. I saw where in next weeks episode Finn and Jake go on a quest to save Lumpy Space Princess from a great evil.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

TheDarkDee

^Sweet. What happened to your Jake/Rainicorn avi?

TheDarkDee

RoyalBlur

rob1nfly wrote:

^Sweet. What happened to your Jake/Rainicorn avi?

It's still on my harddrive, I was feeling a bit Nostalgically Retro after all the good news I pulled up on Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 being callbacks to their original counterparts and so I dediced that there isn't anything that embodies the Retro look and feel more than Bit.Trip.Saga does and at the same time it also reminded me of the opening title card for 'The Amazing World of Gumball therefore I changed up to that.

Anyway, here are some new toons to keep a look out for.

SLUGTERRAINEA (Think Digimon/ Pokemon meets LOTR with a bit of Treasure Planet thrown in the mix only it's all underground and not amongst the stars.
Untitled

Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens
[youtube:IjggS1Fa7lI]

The New Mister Rogers Show
Untitled

The New Men In Black TV Series
Untitled

Conan O' Brian's The Flaming C
Untitled

Sony's Chickenhare movie
Untitled

MTV's Wild Grinders!
[youtube:Bl3NKKDBSb8]

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

RoyalBlur

Guys if you need a gender-bending fix in anticipation of the Mirror, Mirror episode of Adventure Time then by all means click here:
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/08/10/adventure-times-fion...

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

LordTendoboy

It's Morphin' Time!

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LordTendoboy

The MIB cartoon isn't new at all. It came out YEARS ago, back when the movies were popular.

Ben 10 is turning into a CG cartoon now? Ugh. Now the only cartoon that's still traditionally animated is Spongebob. CG is good for movies where the budget is higher, but for TV cartoons it looks terrible (although Jimmy Neutron was very well done, that's a rare exception).

Damn it I hate flash animation! It looks so sloppy and unprofessional. Bob Clampett, Friz Freleng, Chuck Jones, Tex Avery, Walt Disney, etc. would be shocked if they saw what today's animation industry has become. Back in those days, animation was an art form. The cartoons of the 1940's had amazingly fluid animation that has never been matched. The closest we came to that era was with Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and that was a masterpiece.

Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain were both high-quality cartoons that would have looked terrible if they were flash animated. Same with Ren and Stimpy.

I'm so glad that Japanese animators still respect the art of animation. Most anime is still produced the traditional way (hand drawn), and it looks lovely. You can't achieve the same effect with flash.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

[...

LordTendoboy

Wasn't Star Wars The Clone Wars cancelled? I remember the Gennedy Tartakofsky series, and the CG series. Both were cancelled.

[...

RoyalBlur

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Wasn't Star Wars The Clone Wars cancelled? I remember the Gennedy Tartakofsky series, and the CG series. Both were cancelled.

Sadly Tatakosky's Sym-Bionic Titans was cancelled but his Star Wars Clone Wars Micro-Series wasn't cancelled as it finished it's run and served it's purpose. Basically, Genndy's Tartakovsky's Clone Wars was George Lucas's way of 'testing the waters' in the same way DC Comics has done with that Batgirl short. Because SWCW The Micro-Series was so successful Lucasfilm went forward with the new CGI Star Wars The Clone Wars and it has continually received praise and received honors and awards. Because of the shows success Lucas has hired Seth Green to create a Star Wars comedy in collaboration with the makers of Nickelodeon's Back on the Barnyard. The series will be in the tone of Spongebob Squarepants and Looney tunes 'while still being Star Wars'. For more on that visit these links:
http://www.starwars.com/fans/media/newseries_announcement/ind... http://tv.ign.com/articles/108/1082220p1.html, http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewalt/2011/07/22/seth-green-...

I also share your sentiment in regards to old school animation as I truly adore the animation in Disney's classic Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Sleeping Beauty. But some of the new flash animation is very amazing as in Cartoon Network's Amazing World of Gumball which combines animation with real cinematography.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

JadeGirl

I don't know if this is apart of his little tv show but you guys will love this!

BTW Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens Looks awesome, I can't wait for the show! I am a huge fan of Ben 10 and I have been wanting to see another Ben Ten tv series come out.

Edited on by JadeGirl

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

LordTendoboy

How the mighty have fallen. Gennedy Tartakofsky was one of the greats at Cartoon Network, as the creator of Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, and other hit cartoons. I guess CN doesn't really care about real cartoonists anymore. It's all about kids stuff now. CN's best days were during the 1990's and early 2000's.

I just watched The Looney Tunes show, and it's not too bad. I'm glad they brought back Jeff Bergman as the voice of Bugs and Daffy. He's a hell of a lot better at Bugs than Billy West was, though I still think Joe Alaskey did a better Daffy. The humor is witty and somewhat high-brow. Some of it would seem lost on the kiddies, which is exactly how the old Looney Tunes cartoons were. Bugs in cross-dresser mode is still hilarious! The only thing I don't like is the CG Wile E Coyote shorts. They just aren't that funny. The timing of the gags is off, and seeing the characters in CG is very off-putting.

Overall I'd give the show a 7 out of 10. It has potential, but it's not quite up to the standard set by the original LT shorts.

[...

LordTendoboy

So the CG Clone Wars series is still on the air? I don't watch TV anymore (no cable, and most shows suck now), so I haven't been keeping up with what's on.

Seth Green doing a Star Wars parody series? AWESOME! I loved Robot Chicken, so hopefully he keeps the same off-beat humor in his new series.

[...

JadeGirl

tendoboy1984 wrote:

So the CG Clone Wars series is still on the air? I don't watch TV anymore (no cable, and most shows suck now), so I haven't been keeping up with what's on.

Seth Green doing a Star Wars parody series? AWESOME! I loved Robot Chicken, so hopefully he keeps the same off-beat humor in his new series.

Yes, Clone Wars is still airing and going strong. I will be very upset when they cancel or end CW, it is such a awesome show, I never miss a episode!

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

LordTendoboy

@JadeGirl

LOL @ Kevin Conroy doing the voice of Conan's superhero!

[...

RoyalBlur

tendoboy1984 wrote:

... I guess CN doesn't really care about real cartoonists anymore. It's all about kids stuff now...
The humor is witty and somewhat high-brow. Some of it would seem lost on the kiddies, which is exactly how the old Looney Tunes cartoons were...

It sounds like you've been missing the humor in Regular Show, Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time and Billy and Mandy. You need to watch those shows as they are right in line with you're wanting to see in the way of humor. Spongebob Squarepants also has it.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

LordTendoboy

TokyoRed wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

... I guess CN doesn't really care about real cartoonists anymore. It's all about kids stuff now...
The humor is witty and somewhat high-brow. Some of it would seem lost on the kiddies, which is exactly how the old Looney Tunes cartoons were...

It sounds like you've been missing the humor in Regular Show, Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time and Billy and Mandy. You need to watch those shows as they are right in line with you're wanting to see in the way of humor. Spongebob Squarepants also has it.

Oh I loved Billy and Mandy. I used to watch that all the time, along with Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls (it was a fun show, DON'T JUDGE!), Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Ed Edd & Eddy, Samurai Jack, etc. Cartoon Network has had it's ups and downs, just like Nickelodeon. If people say they are on the right track, I'll give them another chance.

I'm not interested in Adventure Time or Gumball cause the character designs look atrocious. That's the first thing I see when I judge a cartoon. If the character designs are bad, then I won't watch it.

[...

Joetherocker

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I'm not interested in Adventure Time or Gumball cause the character designs look atrocious. That's the first thing I see when I judge a cartoon. If the character designs are bad, then I won't watch it.

If you think those are atrocious, then look at Problem Solverz:

Untitled

Edited on by Joetherocker

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.