Forums

Topic: What Time Is It?

Posts 441 to 460 of 779

Xkhaoz

@Mickeymac y u no tell me you were so boss?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Retro_on_theGo

Mickeymac wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo

You remember any episodes from it? Like your favorite ones and stuff?

I remember one where John (I hope that's his name, haven't seen Garfield in general in forever.) Got sold a bad car by some sales man he met before. As for my favorite episode (that I can remember) probably the one where John decided to only buy things with actual money,no Credit Cards and the police started interrogating him. XD

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo

You remember any episodes from it? Like your favorite ones and stuff?

I remember one where John (I hope that's his name, haven't seen Garfield in general in forever.) Got sold a bad car by some sales man he met before. As for my favorite episode (that I can remember) probably the one where John decided to only buy things with actual money,no Credit Cards and the police started interrogating him. XD

Oh yeah, those were good episodes. And the salesman's name was R.G. Swindler. You can always trust a guy with a name like that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TheDarkDee

TokyoRed wrote:

Will you guys be following the Wakfu events at Comic Con? http://ow.ly/i/eCW9
The Wakfu TV show has some seriously good animation.

I also miss 'My Life As A Teenage Robot' as that was a nice show. Danny Phantom should NEVER have been cancelled or derailed or whatever.

It ended with Phantom Planet, remember?

TheDarkDee

CanisWolfred

I enjoyed My Life As A Teenage Robot and Danny Phantom more than I should've.

Anybody remember Ben 10 before they ran it into the ground? I used to love that show. Great art direction, good story. Definitely one of the better shows I watched around the time before I quit TV cold turkey.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I loved Ben 10! People seriously don't give it enough credit because of that terrible new alien force thing! It use to be so good. Great art style and plot like you said. The comedy bits were pretty funny too. The show was just so fun for me to watch. Now I can't stand to see that new series.

I can't stand to see it either. Seriously, some shows just need to die before they get to that point.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mabbit

I'm sure that somebody mentioned this already, but Avatar: The Last Airbender used to be great. A lot of people thought it was just a knockoff of anime, but I think it actually improved a lot of things that anime lacked.
For one thing, the characters actually moved while talking, instead of having a static image with just the lips moving.
There wasn't as much dialogue. This is probably because anime derives from manga, so it has to retain a lot of dialogue to make sense, but I like enough time for punching and kicking each other.
It didn't drag on forever. The show actually stopped before it got convoluted, repetitive, and stale. And it wrapped everything up nicely too.

I hear the live action movie is pretty bad, so I'm not gonna see it. I don't want to spoil my fondness for the show.

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

FriedSquid

@Mickeymac Pssh. Ben 10 was not ran into the ground. It was born that way. The only thing cool about that show was the alien designs. Everything else? Crap. Now, for me, it's Teen TItans all the way babeh. (But Robin can go die in a ditch for all I care.)

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

FriedSquid

@briunj04
Yes, exactly my thoughts. A great show, but there were sometimes where I had to go, "WTF AANG YOURE ONLY 12 WHY ARE YOU KISSING THAT FEMALE?" But, you do know they'll be making a sequel to the series sometime this year, right? Called, "Avatar: The Legend of Korra"? Looks pretty cool to me, but none the less pointless.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Retro_on_theGo

Mickeymac wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I loved Ben 10! People seriously don't give it enough credit because of that terrible new alien force thing! It use to be so good. Great art style and plot like you said. The comedy bits were pretty funny too. The show was just so fun for me to watch. Now I can't stand to see that new series.

I can't stand to see it either. Seriously, some shows just need to die before they get to that point.

Seriously some do, but I wouldn't say die. More "have a final episode". It's just when you really get into a show you think 'I never want this to end' and forget if it doesn't it will go terrible. So if you're lucky a final episode comes (instead of just getting canceled) and you're sad. Then later you realize it was the right move. ..I've been watching Lucky Star.. You can get too much of a good thing.

CanisWolfred

briunj04 wrote:

I'm sure that somebody mentioned this already, but Avatar: The Last Airbender used to be great. A lot of people thought it was just a knockoff of anime, but I think it actually improved a lot of things that anime lacked.
For one thing, the characters actually moved while talking, instead of having a static image with just the lips moving.
There wasn't as much dialogue. This is probably because anime derives from manga, so it has to retain a lot of dialogue to make sense, but I like enough time for punching and kicking each other.
It didn't drag on forever. The show actually stopped before it got convoluted, repetitive, and stale. And it wrapped everything up nicely too.

I hear the live action movie is pretty bad, so I'm not gonna see it. I don't want to spoil my fondness for the show.

Stop watching Shonen crap. Those are the only anime that really suffer from those problems you mentioned, except the mouth thing, that's just a budget problem that even the best shows can run into for some reason.

And I actually thought the movie was alright. I haven't seen the animated show in a long time, but the story seemed pretty on target, and the action was on par, too. The acting could've been better, but I didn't feel it ruined the movie like a lot of people thought.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

Ben 10 was never good, at least the first season wasn't. Generic generic generic, cool designs and more generic. It's to action cartoons what Johnny Test is to 90s cartoons. So generic, it might as well not exist.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

D33G

9:04 PM in Kansas City! Wait... that's NOT wut this is for???????

3DS FC: 1633-4209-9013
MK7 Communities: Race: 61-2419-4309-3787
Balloon: 52-9956-0588-5533
Coin: 30-4169-6281-0565

TheDarkDee

Mickeymac wrote:

I don't know if I'd call it generic, but regardless, it's trying to be like an action comic, and in that way it does really well.

Too well, to the point of Superman almost.

TheDarkDee

D33G

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

deegan714 wrote:

9:04 PM in Kansas City! Wait... that's NOT wut this is for???????

Sorry buddy, over used joke is overused.

Sorry, just found this thread.

TheDarkDee

Its ok.. Just talk about cartoons!

TheDarkDee

D33G

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!! (he's dead to me)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.