Forums

Topic: What Time Is It?

Posts 181 to 200 of 779

JadeGirl

Yes I think he did lol, I can't stop laughing its making me sick.

Untitled

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

RoyalBlur

Look guys I wasn't trying to say that the above mentioned people were perfect. I just said that I appreciate that they do try to make a difference unlike Rihanna, Katty Perry or Lil'Wayne. In the March issue of Rolling Stone magazine Justin Bieber spoke out against sex before marriage, against abortion and the war in Iraq. Selena Gomez has also spoken out against using women as sex symbols and has encouraged the use of 'purity rings' among teens. James Cameron is more than a movie maker, he is a man of integrity with a message to be told. Johnny Depp has also used his hollywood power to put forth morally encouraging messages to. Now stop derailing the thread guys, this topic is for the discussion of animation and cartoons and not expressing your ZOMG emotions over good hollywood stars.

Furthermore, as Mickeymac has already pointed out, Selena Gomez went to VISIT Demi Lovato in rehab and that's 'Naturally' a good thing to do.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Wildvine53

A cartoon Thread? How have I not noticed this before! Right now I'm obsessed with Regular Show, and I'm convinced that it was originally created for Adult Swim.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Reala

TokyoRed wrote:

Now stop derailing the thread guys

Then stop bringing your political/religious soapbox to every thread, nl is not the place.

Reala

RoyalBlur

Wildvine53 wrote:

A cartoon Thread? How have I not noticed this before! Right now I'm obsessed with Regular Show, and I'm convinced that it was originally created for Adult Swim.

I originally thought that Regular Show was intended for Adult Swim also, however, after speaking with JG Quintel on DeviantArt I quickly learned that it wasn't. Regular Show was designed to be a show that would appeal to children, teens and adults alike. Quintel referred to Regular Show as being in the same vein as The Simpsons, not extremely offensive like American Dad or Family Guy while not being outright stupid and Preschool-ish like Spongebob.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

JadeGirl

@Wildvine53, lol Regular Show is so funny, I am surprised that it was originally created for Adult Swim.

@TokyoRed, I do not appreciate you putting Katy Perry in your little ring of people you think are a bad influence on young people. If you must keep it to yourself and also Katy Perry is a great model for teen girls in my opinion and a lot of girls want to be her. Teenage Dream told everything about teens and how they want to be free and not held back my parents saying you can't do this or that, or being beaten for something they haven't done or there parents think is wrong.

@Reala, I agree with you

Edited on by JadeGirl

Love is the Answer!
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

Wildvine53

TokyoRed wrote:

Wildvine53 wrote:

I originally thought that Regular Show was intended for Adult Swim also, however, after speaking with JG Quintel on DeviantArt I quickly learned that it wasn't. Regular Show was designed to be a show that would appeal to children, teens and adults alike. Quintel referred to Regular Show as being in the same vein as The Simpsons, not extremely offensive like American Dad or Family Guy while not being outright stupid and Preschool-ish like Spongebob.

That makes sense, my whole family loves regular show! But I was reading that the inspiration for Mordecia and Benson came from the creators short cartoon, 2 am, where 2 gas station attendants eat an LCD infused candy bar and start hallucinating about turning into a giant blue bird and a talking Gumball machine. Coupled with some of the content of the show, it just seemed like it was meant for older viewers.

Edit: My mom loves regular show so much I made her a special Mother's day Card
Untitled

Edited on by Wildvine53

Wildvine53

RoyalBlur

Wildvine53 wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Wildvine53 wrote:

That makes sense, my whole family loves regular show! But I was reading that the inspiration for Mordecia and Benson came from the creators short cartoon, 2 am, where 2 gas station attendants eat an LCD infused candy bar and start hallucinating about turning into a giant blue bird and a talking Gumball machine. Coupled with some of the content of the show, it just seemed like it was meant for older viewers.

Yes, JG Quintel also mentioned that on DeviantArt. I also noticed that candy bar/ hallucinating/ giant blue jay/ was alluded to in the episode 'Dizzy'. Below is the exact sequence regarding the Giant Blue Jay.
Untitled

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Wildvine53

@TokyoRed I never even made that connection. On another note I've noticed that Regular show has started to influence our lives. We play punchies around the house to settle arguments, we constantly do each other solids, and we constantly make "my mom" jokes.

Wildvine53

JadeGirl

Wildvine53 wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Wildvine53 wrote:

Edit: My mom loves regular show so much I made her a special Mother's day Card
Untitled

Awe that's a sweet card you made for your Mother XD.

Benson is my favorite character.
Untitled

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

theblackdragon

either cartoons are being discussed in this thread or some people are going to be taking extended vacations so they can preach their moral views elsewhere. you know who you are. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

JadeGirl

Wildvine53 wrote:

@TokyoRed I never even made that connection. On another note I've noticed that Regular show has started to influence our lives. We play punchies around the house to settle arguments, we constantly do each other solids, and we constantly make "my mom" jokes.

Your right about that.

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

RoyalBlur

My friends (mostly James) and I spend hours going around saying 'send it to the moon' and 'hamboneing' each other.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Wildvine53

@JadeGirl Benson is my favorite character too! My favorite episode has to be " This is my Jam". I love how Benson just shows up to the park with his Drum Kit to help defeat the Personified song!

Wildvine53

RoyalBlur

Am I the only one here that likes High Five Ghost?

Untitled

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Wildvine53

@TokyoRed High five ghost is cool, but he isn't given enough material to stand out on his own. Is that the ghost girl from Gumball?

Wildvine53

JadeGirl

Wildvine53 wrote:

@JadeGirl Benson is my favorite character too! My favorite episode has to be " This is my Jam". I love how Benson just shows up to the park with his Drum Kit to help defeat the Personified song!

Lol yeah that was a good episode.

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

TwilightV wrote:

@Chrono_Cross: Ben???

Yeah, standards for children's television seem to have been falling in the US since the Total Drama series started airing here. In Regular Show, the word "pissed" is used a bit, as well as phrases like "How in the H are we going to fix this S?".

Shows you how much I've watched the show. lol

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

RoyalBlur

Wildvine53 wrote:

@TokyoRed High five ghost is cool, but he isn't given enough material to stand out on his own. Is that the ghost girl from Gumball?

Yes, that's the ghost girl from Gumball. I know, what you mean about High 5 not having enough to stand on his own and that's a shame really.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.