Forums

Topic: What Time Is It?

Posts 161 to 180 of 779

TwilightV

That's it for Adventure Time's second season. I'm wondering if the third one will have a new opening...

TwilightV

Chrono_Cross

Adventure Time is what Cartoon Network needs! Not this Build Destroy Destroy and Duuuude why are we such stoners? show. There's a reason why they call it Cartoon Network and not Cartoons with a little reality TV in the mix Network, so why have those ridiculously dull shows on CN, and not Nickelodeon?

On a different note I watched an Adventure Time episode where Ben said "fricken" and to be honest I've never heard a kid's cartoon ever use that word. Never. I wonder why, now?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

RudysaurusRex

Because it isn't a bad word. Although I hated Tower Prep and all those others, I didn't mind Unnatural History. As far as live-action goes, it had a very cartoony story.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

TwilightV

@Chrono_Cross: Ben???

Yeah, standards for children's television seem to have been falling in the US since the Total Drama series started airing here. In Regular Show, the word "pissed" is used a bit, as well as phrases like "How in the H are we going to fix this S?".

TwilightV

Popyman

Adventure Time is fine with its "language", IMO. Regular Show was a tad annoying for the first handful of episodes because they seemed to be cussing in an attempt to be cool. Thankfully, RS has gotten better about that.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

RoyalBlur

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Adventure Time says "fricken" quite a bit actually. I was surprised at first too, but like Alex said. It's not actually a bad word or phrase. Standards for appropriate things for kids have gotten A LOT lower now too. That's mostly the reason. A lot of CN's new shows have been using "crap" often.

It's a sign of the times and a sign of the minds as far as the language thing goes. It's getting to be more than annoying indeed in media today. It's almost as if people think that profanity makes you cool or mature. And I've gotta say what the quack at that kind of twisted, childish reasoning.

However in the way of Adventure time, 'fricken' and 'crap' aren't vulgar or profanely immoral words thankfully. So, I'm quite fine with Adventure Time.

Oh, but yes I was also disgusted and disturbed at how Regular Show was using 'what the h' and 'pissed' also. However, Regular Show hasn't really contained that ear jarring content lately. 'Do Me A Solid' was a seriously good episode of Regular Show and I really like that girl Eileen who was trying to get Rigby's affections. Still, no episode of Regular Show can ever compare to the greatness of 'Rigby's Body' and 'The Power'. Oh, and 'Set up the Chairs' was also very good although that devil face sent me running for the lemonade stand and a jar of dirt Cap'n Sparrow style.

I think that people, especially those in the entertainment industry need to uphold a better and more stronger moral standard before our youth, especially if we're going to 'make the world a better' place as Janet Nepolitano was calling upon the youth of the world to do on yesterday. Vulgar language and vulgar cartoons and music videos don't help to make the world a better place. People like Jay-Z, Britney Spears, Chris Brown and some who I won't even bother to list are really degrading the minds of the youth and causing our young men to totally and completely disrespect the earth that we call home and have a greatly disrespectful image of women. Thankfully, we have people like Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, TobyMac, Natalie Grant, James Cameron and Johnny Depp who are trying to restore a more caring concern for our environment and for our fellowman and it is people like this that we need more of in order to help steer teens and young adults in a better direction. I really appreciate Ted Turner's Captain Planet.

I also agree with you guys that Cartoon Network needs to lay off of the reality rubbish. Live action material has no business on a channel called 'Cartoon Network' at all. And as for Total Drama Island, I've never really watched more than two minutes of it and I was so totally and completed disgusted, appalled, aghast, demented and diminished by it that I've never ever given it a chance to appear before my eyes again.

Oh, and by the way, I sure want to see an episode of Adventure Time dedicated to lava lamps! Does anyone else share the Lava Lamp love?

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

The_Fox

@TokyoRed
So, have you heard of Moral Relativism?

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

SpicyDuck

ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3DS Name: Ace FC: 0946-2234-2203
Pokemon White FC: 5114-3791-1792
Graphics don't matter.

Colors

I'm watching the 2nd episode of Gumball right now.

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

RoyalBlur

@ColorsofSonic, man, The Mystery (Amazing Adventures of Gumball) totally makes ya drop your gumballs. Oh my gumballs!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

D33G

peterifico wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Thankfully, we have people like Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, who are try to restore a more caring concern for our environment and for our fellowman and it is people like this that we need more of in order to help steer teens and young adults in a better direction.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO.

U said it!

3DS FC: 1633-4209-9013
MK7 Communities: Race: 61-2419-4309-3787
Balloon: 52-9956-0588-5533
Coin: 30-4169-6281-0565

Punny

Gumball is surprisingly promising... Heck, I'll just say it; it makes me laugh out loud at times. It's surreal, but not to the point that it weirds me out. Instead, it's the kind of silly, goofy world that makes the show appealing. I also like the show's humor and art direction. Brownie points for the characters not giving me migranes, too. This show - along with Adventure Time, Regular Show, and MAD - are making me think twice about the current Cartoon Network. It still has its flaws, but through all the dirt, great treasures are found when you dig deep enough.

I also watch The Looney Tunes Show. It's okay, but I think it's kind of weird seeing Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck in a sitcom. And Elmer Fudd sing about his love for grilled cheese sandwiches.

I'm back (for the moment)!

RoyalBlur

More epically delicious titles cards that I really like!

Untitled

Untitled

Never before has a show had such great title cards!

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Joetherocker

TokyoRed wrote:

Thankfully, we have people like Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, TobyMac, Natalie Grant, James Cameron and Johnny Depp who are trying to restore a more caring concern for our environment and for our fellowman and it is people like this that we need more of in order to help steer teens and young adults in a better direction. I really appreciate Ted Turner's Captain Planet.

Untitled

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

CanisWolfred

I think Joetherocker expressed my feelings the most accurately on the subject. The Environmentalist stance is neither here nore there, and ultimately it would be best if we just agree to disagree and be done with it. Using Actors, musicians, and other Idols as examples for your cause - people who make it their dayjob to play different roles and say what people want to hear - Is just sad. You're taking their word at face value instead of using your head.

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'm pretty sure Selena Gomez went to rehab for something...I may be thinking of some other teen star though.
So glad to hear all the positive feed back on Gumball. This is gonna be great!

She went to rehab to visit Demi Lavota.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RoyalBlur

Okay, guys, I couldn't help but share this NintedoTime joy with you all!

Super Mario Bros. Adventure Time
Untitled

BMO GameBoy
Untitled

Legend of Zelda Ooo
Untitled

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

JadeGirl

Joetherocker wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Thankfully, we have people like Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, TobyMac, Natalie Grant, James Cameron and Johnny Depp who are trying to restore a more caring concern for our environment and for our fellowman and it is people like this that we need more of in order to help steer teens and young adults in a better direction. I really appreciate Ted Turner's Captain Planet.

Untitled

LOL!

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

TeeJay

...Did TokyoRed seriously just say that?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.