Forums

Topic: What Time Is It?

Posts 141 to 160 of 779

Tasuki

Sylverstone wrote:

It's funny reading the TV Tropes articles of cartoons. Very entertaining.

One "toon**" that I've really come to acknowledge is Avatar: The Last Airbender.
(**I never liked acknowledging it as a cartoon, more of a anime-inspired Western animation piece.)

It was one of Nickelodeon's masterful shows in terms of story, comedy, animation and all-out awesomeness.

Untitled

Well, I'm humbly waiting on the new iteration, The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra since we'll have a new Avatar who's the next female since Kyoshi and Yangchen. Story should take place about 70 years after the first Avatar arc. DiMartino and Konietzko have made it clear that it'll probably hit TV sets by mid-2012 and that Nick has ordered about 20 episodes so I really hope that it still have that Avatar feel, and also that it stays very far away for any references to the god-awful live action disaster that was M. Night Shymalan's The Last Crap-bender.

They should be going towards a newer demographic, aiming it more at teens and there's a considerable lack of locale as their main setting (Republic City) might as well be the only one for now, it seems.

Story-wise, Korra is the next Avatar, she's from the Southern Water Tribe, she's already mastered three elements (Waterbending, Earthbending and Firebending) and Aang & Katara's (Kattaang wins!) son, Tenzin, will teach her airbending. She's supposed to learn this amidst some sort of anti-bender movement brewing within her domain.

Anyone following news bits on it? I heard there's a great wiki on the whole series so far.

• http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_Airbender:_Legend_of_Korra

I have been following it and theres even a thread on this site somewhere about where I pretty much said the same thing you said. I cant wait for it and I am hoping that it will be just as good as the first series. I have heard that the guy who did the voice for Zuko is slated to return but hes not going to be voicing Zuko. Also I heard that this new series is suppose to have a bit more of a Steam punk element to it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Xkhaoz

Hey, i came up with a theory about when Adventure time takes place. In the movie episode, Finn mentioned all the dvds coming from before a Great Mushroom War. Mushrooms probably were mushroom clouds, meaning that there was a nuclear war. All the creatures of Ooo were mutated from the nuclear waste, except for Finn's ancestors, apparently. So it takes place in the future after a nuclear holocaust. And I think way too deep into things.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

RoyalBlur

Xkhaoz 3D wrote:

Hey, i came up with a theory about when Adventure time takes place. In the movie episode, Finn mentioned all the dvds coming from before a Great Mushroom War. Mushrooms probably were mushroom clouds, meaning that there was a nuclear war. All the creatures of Ooo were mutated from the nuclear waste, except for Finn's ancestors, apparently. So it takes place in the future after a nuclear holocaust. And I think way too deep into things.

I'm a bit lost on this one. Which Adventure Time movie episode are we talking about? Video Makers?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

RoyalBlur

Did anyone watch the epic Quest of Finn versus the Lich King?

I thought it fitting that such a great episode should air and then on the following day a new trailer for Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D be released!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Popyman

^ I came here to make sure you saw that episode! REALLY great stuff, I hope this means Adventure Time is going to have an overreaching plot from now on.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

SwerdMurd

it's peanut butter jelly time!! Peanu--

what? That isn't cool anymore? Oh.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

RoyalBlur

Popyman wrote:

^ I came here to make sure you saw that episode! REALLY great stuff, I hope this means Adventure Time is going to have an overreaching plot from now on.

Things are really going to be interesting now that Princess Bubblegum is younger and even more charming than before. Does anyone think that the Lich King will return based on the cliff hanger that the snail gave us at the end of the episode Mortal Recoil?

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Odnetnin

It's BONUS time on Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman.

EDIT: Didn't know this was a thread about cartoons. Fetch! is not one of my favorite shows, by the way.

Jimmy Neutron, Shaun the Sheep, The Spectacular Spider-Man... Netflix takes me to where the good times are.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

RoyalBlur

While looking at Adventure Time fan art I came across the image below and I thought that it is really nice but I can't seem to figure out where it is from. I went to the site Bear and Bird but I couldn't seem to find the image there. Does anyone know if this is an authentic piece of art work or is it stock from something like Gettysimages.com?

Untitled

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

RoyalBlur

Pandalicious wrote:

That's creepy.

LOL. Yes, I like stuff like Caroline, Tim Burton, Guillermo Del Toro and all of that. But seriously, I'm having a hard time tracking down the source of this image. It must be a coveted image.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Retro_on_theGo

So cartoons..
Anyone see the premiere of " The Looney Toons Show" and "The Amazing World of Gumball"?
I saw both. I don't know about the new Looney Toons... The episode didn't really entertain me that much. I guess I was just expecting something different. I mean it's Looney Toons. It has plenty of potential. As for Gumball,I have been so excited for the show since the first commercial. It's probably just me,but I really like the art style mixed with real life backgrounds. I probably don't watch enough TV but I think it makes the show unique. The episode itself was pretty good. I definitely laughed more then the Looney Toon's pilot. I have such high hopes for Gumball. I REALLY hope CN doesn't abandon this show! >.<
Last thing I'll say. I was going to ask if Robotomy was canceled,but looks like that was answered. Didn't even give me a chance to be crushed. It only had like 10 episodes.I wish they would give it another chance. I enjoyed it.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Colors
I'm not a huge fan of the series, but 3:50 had me laughing out loud.

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

TheActivityLog

Totally off topic, but is this a reference to Pokemon Crystal?

Where Oak asks you at the beginning of the game: "What time is it?"

No 3DS games yet, but I'm searching for some friends!
FC: 0688-5315-1722
Where the heck is Pikmin 3 and where did Animal Crossing 3DS go running away at?

CanisWolfred

TheActivityLog wrote:

Totally off topic, but is this a reference to Pokemon Crystal?

Where Oak asks you at the beginning of the game: "What time is it?"

That would be an even more obscure reference. Instead it's an Adventure Time reference.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RoyalBlur

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So cartoons..
Anyone see the premiere of " The Looney Toons Show" and "The Amazing World of Gumball"?
I saw both. I don't know about the new Looney Toons... The episode didn't really entertain me that much. I guess I was just expecting something different. I mean it's Looney Toons. It has plenty of potential. As for Gumball,I have been so excited for the show since the first commercial. It's probably just me,but I really like the art style mixed with real life backgrounds. I probably don't watch enough TV but I think it makes the show unique. The episode itself was pretty good. I definitely laughed more then the Looney Toon's pilot. I have such high hopes for Gumball. I REALLY hope CN doesn't abandon this show! >.<
Last thing I'll say. I was going to ask if Robotomy was canceled,but looks like that was answered. Didn't even give me a chance to be crushed. It only had like 10 episodes.I wish they would give it another chance. I enjoyed it.

I'm happy to see a fellow Amazing World of Gumball fan! I'm really excited about this show and I sincerely hope that it doesn't get cancelled.

@ColorsOfSonic, I've got to admit that there are some good episodes of Regular Show and then there are outright disappointing ones. I was really impressed with the un-aired pilot episode along with The Power, Just Set Up The Chairs, Free Cake and Rigby's Body. So far however, the episodes of season 2 aren't as good and memorable as those of season 1. Nothing Regular Show has done so far can even hold up to the high quality bar set by Adventure Time, Marvelous Misadventures of Flap Jack and Chowder.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Retro_on_theGo

TokyoRed wrote:

I'm happy to see a fellow Amazing World of Gumball fan! I'm really excited about this show and I sincerely hope that it doesn't get cancelled.

Yay,another Gumball fan! high-five! Glad to hear you like it. I just saw the premier today.(apparently last week was a preview.) It was really funny. I think this show is gonna be great! I'd be surprised if it was canceled,but knowing CN I really shouldn't. I'm sure it will stick around longer then Robotomy at least.

RoyalBlur

Never have titles cards been so beautiful!

Untitled

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

TeeJay

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Yay,another Gumball fan! high-five! Glad to hear you like it. I just saw the premier today.(apparently last week was a preview.) It was really funny. I think this show is gonna be great! I'd be surprised if it was canceled,but knowing CN I really shouldn't. I'm sure it will stick around longer then Robotomy at least.

I saw the premier yesterday, and it's really funny! I love how they shade the characters to make it look like they're in the real world to a certain degree.

Also, I've started watching Adventure Time. It's really cool, too. I like the sense of fantasy about it mixed with the modern slang.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.