Forums

Topic: What Time Is It?

Posts 101 to 120 of 779

kkslider5552000

I honestly am still (for some reason) confused on what this topic is about.

I will say you should watch Symbionic Titan and should feel bad if you don't.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RoyalBlur

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I honestly am still (for some reason) confused on what this topic is about.

I will say you should watch Symbionic Titan and should feel bad if you don't.

Well kkslider5552000, I'm enjoying Sym-Bionic Titans very much. I've always liked Genndy Tartakovsky's art style of animation, especially in Star Wars Clone Wars The Micro Series. I think (in my opinion) that one downside to Sym Bionic Titans is that the monsters or aliens are sometimes a bit too far flung, especially ithose of season II. At lest the aliens in Star Wars and Star Trek are believable unlike some of the ones if S2 of SBT.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Joetherocker

TokyoRed wrote:

I think (in my opinion) that one downside to Sym Bionic Titans is that the monsters or aliens are sometimes a bit too far flung, especially ithose of season II. At lest the aliens in Star Wars and Star Trek are believable unlike some of the ones if S2 of SBT.

I fail to see how gigantic alien monsters could ever be believable, but that's just me.

Anyways, the last episode of Titan was really good. Sure, you could see the ending coming from a mile away and it's fairly certain that what happened won't be permanent, but that didn't make it any less sad when it did happen.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

RoyalBlur

Joetherocker wrote:

I fail to see how gigantic alien monsters could ever be believable, but that's just me...

Well we know that Dinosaurs, Mammoths and the giants of the Bible such as 'Goliath' and the giant king whom Joshua slayed that had more than two thumbs were quite immense in size and so therefore gigantic alien monstrosities aren't that hard to believe in. BTW which episode of Sym-Bionic Titans was that of which you spoke? I haven't seen it yet. I'd like to look it up in iTunes.

@Dragoon Trainer, I'd love to see a deBlob television show and I'd really look forward to seeing that become a reality. Thanks for giving us the heads up on that as I had no idea about that although I'd guessed that sooner or later there might be a 'deBlob' comic book but I'd never imagined there would be a television show! This is exciting!.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

The_Fox

@TokyoRed
Saying "We all know...." and then launching into a bible analogy is a terrible way to try to prove your point.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Raylax

^ Lol, yeah, I have no freaking clue who this multi-thumbed giant is but it sounds like a really bad '50s horror flick. And I'm technically Christian (albeit completely agnostic bordering on athiest). And you really shouldn't quote religious beliefs as though they were fact. Not everyone here is Christian, not everyone here has read or believes the Bible.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

RoyalBlur

Raylax wrote:

^ Lol, yeah, I have no freaking clue who this multi-thumbed giant is but it sounds like a really bad '50s horror flick. And I'm technically Christian (albeit completely agnostic bordering on athiest). And you really shouldn't quote religious beliefs as though they were fact. Not everyone here is Christian, not everyone here has read or believes the Bible.

@Raylay, It wasn't my desire to offend anyone. When I said 'we' I was talking about mankind in general Raylax and not necessarily people on this message board. Also, I wasn't trying to give a Bible study, I was simply referencing scientific facts that have been acknowledged and discussed by the great minds of science and philosophy. If anyone has an open mind and isn't biased against science and religion as so many people are today they'd know that dinosaurs, giants and mammoths aren't fictitious and were indeed real.

Anyway, I'm not concerned with who believes in science or the Bible and who doesn't believe. This thread is about animated television programming and not for the debating of belief and unbelief. And why make everything an argument?

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Raylax

I'm not biased against either science or religion. Nor have I ever denied suggested (derp typo) that dinosaurs or mammoths are fictitious. We know they existed because we dug them up. Quite a lot of 'em. Giants, on the other hand. Find me a giant's skeleton and I'll accept giants as fact. Until that day, they're a belief. I have absolutely nothing against people's beliefs. I've certainly got a few of my own with no scientific basis, because I chose to. You chose to believe in God and the tales and teachings of the Bible, like many people. However you cannot apply the stories in the Bible 'mankind in general', even if you believe them to be true. Muslims, Buddhists, Sikhs, the hundreds of other religions and beliefs would have something to say about presenting Christian beliefs as fact - firstly, that you're implying that your religion is the one truth, and by extension, their beliefs are false. I'm not trying to argue here, I'm just giving you a warning - that is seriously dangerous territory to wander into. There is absolutely nothing wrong with believing your own religion is true, that's kind of the whole point, but don't casually throw it around like it applies to everyone, because it doesn't.

Beliefs are peoples' choices to take something as fact, and as such you cannot assume everyone has made the same choices as you have, thus you can't present them as fact.

Facts are concrete, proven concepts that everyone can understand and accept. 'If you can photograph it, it's a fact' is a fairly loose (if flawed) definition.

I know you had no intention of offending anyone, but just be careful on that kind of thing, because some day you accidentally might. It's an easy trap to fall into.

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

RoyalBlur

@ Thank you Raylax. I appreciate you and the points you raised in your post; it's a very thoughtful piece and I greatly appreciate it.

BTW guys, check out that link below. It gives a better look at the future of Cartoon Network and I think you'll also find some nice hints a match-up between Ben10 and Generator Rex.
http://poptimal.com/2011/03/cartoon-network-upfront-2011-the-...

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

RoyalBlur

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Xkhaoz

@TokyoRed I loved Sym-Bionic Titan, it's just that CN keeps screwing with it's air times. They should of kept it on Friday instead of moving it to Wednesday at 7. REAlly, and now they're moving it to Saturday at 8:30 am. RRrrgghgghhhhh. Just pick a good night and keep it there dang it >: (
EDIT: And according to Wikipedia, Sym-Bionic Titan was cancelled and Tartskovsky moved to Sony Pictures Animation. I hope they treat him better than CN did, because cancelling Titan is a load of [INSERT PICTURE OF CRAP]

Edited on by Xkhaoz

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

RoyalBlur

Xkhaoz 3D wrote:

@TokyoRed I loved Sym-Bionic Titan, it's just that CN keeps screwing with it's air times. They should of kept it on Friday instead of moving it to Wednesday at 7. REAlly, and now they're moving it to Saturday at 8:30 am. RRrrgghgghhhhh. Just pick a good night and keep it there dang it >: (
EDIT: And according to Wikipedia, Sym-Bionic Titan was cancelled and Tartskovsky moved to Sony Pictures Animation. I hope they treat him better than CN did, because cancelling Titan is a load of [INSERT PICTURE OF CRAP]

WHAT? You mean they ACTUALLY cancelled Sym-Bionic Titans???????????????

What next? What next? What gives?

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

RoyalBlur

Mickeymac wrote:

It's not officially cancelled last I checked. It's really just a rumor right now.

Thanks man! I nearly had a heart-attack!

BTW have any of been using that vintage 1911 Youtube April's Fool's Day filter?

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

TwilightV

From what i've been reading around the net, it seems to be real (supposedly cancelled because it can't be "marketed"). It wasn't at CN's upfront this year (Which didn't have much, but there was this interesting new show called The Amazing World Of Gumball).

TwilightV

RoyalBlur

TwilightV wrote:

From what i've been reading around the net, it seems to be real (supposedly cancelled because it can't be "marketed"). It wasn't at CN's upfront this year (Which didn't have much, but there was this interesting new show called The Amazing World Of Gumball).

@TwilightV, What do they mean in that it can't be 'marketed'?

BTW here is the new ThunderCats trailer from WonderCon2011
[youtube:oAfrlyCGtZs]

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.