Forums

Topic: What Music Are You (If You Are) Listening To?

Posts 121 to 140 of 176

Storm_Owl

lady gaga i love her and her music

This account is dead move along please.

cheetahman91

Alabama of course, they are the best country music band ever after all.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

warioswoods

Kid_A wrote:

Recently bought Joshua Tree by U2 and Revolver by The Beatles. Both were life changing albums. Haven't been that moved by an album since I first heard OK Computer by Radiohead.

I'm not too versed in U2, but Revolver was pretty much my favorite album back in high school, and never gets old.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Trevor_Fox

@cheetahman

Yes! =)

Wii #: 2957-6808-2293-0954
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky FC: 2235-6850-1352
PSN: Trevor_Fox
-Try out my Littlebigplanet levels! =)

RandomWiiPlayer

Good Girls Go Bad-Cobra StarShip.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

cheetahman91

The greatest country music song ever:
[youtube:qw9i-ixcrSA]
This (and a few other songs) is the reason they won Country Artist of the Decade for the '80's. Too bad Kid Rock's gonna screw it up.

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Kid_A

warioswoods wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Recently bought Joshua Tree by U2 and Revolver by The Beatles. Both were life changing albums. Haven't been that moved by an album since I first heard OK Computer by Radiohead.

I'm not too versed in U2, but Revolver was pretty much my favorite album back in high school, and never gets old.

It annoys me that it took me 17 years to discover the Beatles. I mean obviously I knew who they were but I just never listened to their music up until a few weeks ago. What would be a good place to go next, Sgt. Pepper? That seems to be recognized as their best work, but from what I've read about it, it sounds very pretentious. Then again, I don't really know what I'm talking about

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

y2josh

The Killers - Why Do I Keep Counting

y2josh

y2josh

@137: I started with The Beatles 1's cd. Lots of different beatles stuff on there, but of course its only their #1 hits.

y2josh

Kid_A

y2josh wrote:

@137: I started with The Beatles 1's cd. Lots of different beatles stuff on there, but of course its only their #1 hits.

I've always hated the idea of greatest hits CD's, so I'm trying to avoid that out of principle. I think I'm gonna try Abbey Road next.

warioswoods

@Kid_A

I pretty much went through their albums chronologically back when I was first buying them, but it also depends on what kind of thing you enjoy. I might suggest Rubber Soul next, since it sort of fits together with Revolver in some ways, but it's a little more transitional (ie. from their earlier period towards Revolver, which followed it), and much more acoustic and even folksy here and there (Norwegian Wood, Girl, etc).

If you'd rather just keep looking forward towards their further musical experimentation and growth, Sgt. Pepper wouldn't be a bad choice next. It's not all that "concept" oriented once you listen to it, just a few tracks that sort of wrap the album in a bit about a fictional band performing these songs. If you're not going strictly chronologically, and just want an album that shows an incredible range of musical styles and approaches, I'd suggest their self-title double album, also known as the White Album (which is a bit later in their development than Sgt. Pepper). You could spend a month working through that one, it has no shortage of ideas to fill the 2 CDs.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Corbs

I just popped in Chevelle's "Sci-Fi Crimes" CD I got today.

Plain old gamer :)

cheetahman91

Here's another good one:
[youtube:tOTRHoyXz78]
This song pretty much describes society today.

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

DjPhatskillz

i got the special edition Raiden IV that came with the sound track. right now this is my jam:
[youtube:BboIdZeQfy8]

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid_A

warioswoods wrote:

@Kid_A

I pretty much went through their albums chronologically back when I was first buying them, but it also depends on what kind of thing you enjoy. I might suggest Rubber Soul next, since it sort of fits together with Revolver in some ways, but it's a little more transitional (ie. from their earlier period towards Revolver, which followed it), and much more acoustic and even folksy here and there (Norwegian Wood, Girl, etc).

If you'd rather just keep looking forward towards their further musical experimentation and growth, Sgt. Pepper wouldn't be a bad choice next. It's not all that "concept" oriented once you listen to it, just a few tracks that sort of wrap the album in a bit about a fictional band performing these songs. If you're not going strictly chronologically, and just want an album that shows an incredible range of musical styles and approaches, I'd suggest their self-title double album, also known as the White Album (which is a bit later in their development than Sgt. Pepper). You could spend a month working through that one, it has no shortage of ideas to fill the 2 CDs.

Just bought Sgt. Pepper. I'm about to pop it in right now. It had better live up to the hype--it cost friggin' $16.

Kid_A

Kid_A wrote:

warioswoods wrote:

@Kid_A

Just bought Sgt. Pepper. I'm about to pop it in right now. It had better live up to the hype--it cost friggin' $16.

It lived up to the hype. Listened to it three times yesterday and twice today. Absolutely incredible album. Besides Radiohead, The Beatles are the only band I've ever listened to who make you feel like you're a different person after you listen to one of their albums.

Ristar42

This week I have been mostly listening to... The Smiths.

Ristar42

Kid_A

Ristar42 wrote:

This week I have been mostly listening to... The Smiths.

I can't get into them. I appreciate them, and I see why other people like them, but I just can't stand Morissy's voice.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic