Topic: What have you learned today?

Showing 141 to 160 of 184

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

141. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

Proverbs 24:26 (New King James Version)

The%20Bible wrote:

He who gives a right answer kisses the lips.

I'm going to base my life on this proverb from now on.

I don't understand it

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Mickey

142. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo When you're right, you have the God-given right to kiss the lips. I assume that "the lips" refer to whoever you want to kiss at the moment. Now if you'll excuse me, I have plenty of impromptu visits to make.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Freakazoid

143. Posted:

Well i learned that the last day of work this week and the last hour of work this week are just to great to be true

Sign this petition to bring rts to the wii u

http://www.change.org/petitions/software-developers-bring-the-real-time-strategy-genre-to-the-wii-u

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

144. Posted:

I learned that a part of me I wanted to get rid is back. a dark, evil and bloody part of me that wants to rampage and cause destruction to anyone who did bad to me..... that mean side of me that only calms down by using brute force to destroy stuff and that makes people afarid of me.... I hate this side of mine I thought it was over.... now it is almost back and I'm reching the limits of my mind to keep it under control.....

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Mickey

145. Posted:

@GustavoSF Calm down, you're not The Incredible Hulk, we all have our own personal demons and we all deal with them. Try playing a particularly violent game. I've heard that helps when people experience stuff like this.

The Mousekeloggery

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

146. Posted:

@Mickey violent games make me frustrated in these situations for some reason, but watching any kind of lighthearted comedy(be it a movie, anime or TV series) helps a little!
I'm not hulk because he's green and stronger, when I was younger and reckless I reached a point where five people had to hold me back and it was just barely enough to stop me..... I'm not proud of having this violent side....

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Jahir

147. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@Mickey violent games make me frustrated in these situations for some reason, but watching any kind of lighthearted comedy(be it a movie, anime or TV series) helps a little!
I'm not hulk because he's green and stronger, when I was younger and reckless I reached a point where five people had to hold me back and it was just barely enough to stop me..... I'm not proud of having this violent side....

Play some Hotline Miami and you'll be fine, trust me.

Jahir

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

AuthorMessage

Mickey

148. Posted:

@GustavoSF Well, whatever helps, you do that.

The Mousekeloggery

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

149. Posted:

I learned that flash cards can definately help when a test is coming up.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

150. Posted:

that i can no longer eat gluten/grains,oats,wheat ect without exessively burping/crazy trapped gas, getting chest & head pressure, constipation, feeling hot & light headed and dizzy, almost to the point where i feel that's it's possible that i might napoleon bonafrog 'croak' + being on the turtle can for sometimes hours on end. that's what happens when you screw around with foods that you're allergic too. :P I didn't have these problems a year ago, but i guess my thyroid/auto immune problem is finally taking it's toll. eek! I mean, i'm all for eating clean and healthy during the week and having that one cheat day during the weekend, but i can't even do that anymore.

and what's normally consider clean, makes my diet even cleaner and heavily restricted, no eggs either. frick! i couldn't even tolerate a 2nd fork full of cake on my B-day, that's how ridiculous my problem is right now. However, i'm going to go vegan for about 2 months to see if my symptoms improve. the point is to heal the gut get by getting off the gluten, dairy, legumes, processed crap, anything that's considered inflammatory along with store bought antibiotic & hormone laced meats and eat vegetables, fruit and certain plant based protein + supplements(That give me what i would be getting from chicken & eggs ect) for a couple of months to see if my symptoms improve which was recommended by a recent doctor i talked to.

For now, my Groovy 'n grimmis Mcdonalds'(This goes for anything FastFood & rude) & every single other NintenTreat known to man kind) & domino's days for now are officially GAME OVER. Instead, make way....for Broccoli, carrots, vegan protein powder, apples, blueberries ect. hurray!

Untitled

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

151. Posted:

Ah shoot, that sounds like an unwelcomed life change; still I hope you start to see a turnaround in your condition. Usually a diet (of strict omissions, rather than limitations to a handful of foods) can result in a feeling of health and well being. So if there was any upside this circumstance will force you to make changes most people simply aren't capable of making, just on willpower alone.

That said, I'm a skinny guy who indulges in McD's and Dominoes just to keep my weight! :D
Losing those 'cheat' items would be a tough blow - here's wishing you some totally toobular blooberries.
You might also find out that a lot of people are unable to consume these 'food staples' and there is a wide selection of alternative foods. I don't know whether that's true, maybe you have a clearer picture given your experience.

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

152. Posted:

I learned that EA is a butt....

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage

Mickey

153. Posted:

So I've been reading this book.
Untitled
Wow. I... I-I'm just not happy. Now that I've read the first few pages of this book, I don't think I've been happy for months. I mean, there's been happy moments, but nothing all that permanent. The book's supposed to have ways to help me... so that's something to look forward to...

The Mousekeloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

154. Posted:

Drawing earlier in the day really really helps. In the same time it took me to draw an arm last night, I managed to get my drawing almost finished this afternoon. O_o

Edit: Finished it. Turned out okay enough that I think I might add it to my DA once I get that up.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

155. Posted:

@Mickey Don't worry about it. There's no such thing as permanent happiness. (Maybe after death?) There's only moments of happiness. That's why we're in titled to the pursuit of happiness not happiness.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

156. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

So I've been reading this book.
Untitled
Wow. I... I-I'm just not happy. Now that I've read the first few pages of this book, I don't think I've been happy for months. I mean, there's been happy moments, but nothing all that permanent. The book's supposed to have ways to help me... so that's something to look forward to...

The people who write these things are certainly happy, they are taking your money to their bank, after all. No, they're just as unhappy as you are, but selective memory can make you think you are happy all the time, just focus on recalling only the memories that make you happy.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

157. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

that i can no longer eat gluten/grains,oats,wheat ect without exessively burping/crazy trapped gas, getting chest & head pressure, constipation, feeling hot & light headed and dizzy, almost to the point where i feel that's it's possible that i might napoleon bonafrog 'croak' + being on the turtle can for sometimes hours on end. that's what happens when you screw around with foods that you're allergic too. :P I didn't have these problems a year ago, but i guess my thyroid/auto immune problem is finally taking it's toll. eek! I mean, i'm all for eating clean and healthy during the week and having that one cheat day during the weekend, but i can't even do that anymore.

and what's normally consider clean, makes my diet even cleaner and heavily restricted, no eggs either. frick! i couldn't even tolerate a 2nd fork full of cake on my B-day, that's how ridiculous my problem is right now. However, i'm going to go vegan for about 2 months to see if my symptoms improve. the point is to heal the gut get by getting off the gluten, dairy, legumes, processed crap, anything that's considered inflammatory along with store bought antibiotic & hormone laced meats and eat vegetables, fruit and certain plant based protein + supplements(That give me what i would be getting from chicken & eggs ect) for a couple of months to see if my symptoms improve which was recommended by a recent doctor i talked to.

For now, my Groovy 'n grimmis Mcdonalds'(This goes for anything FastFood & rude) & every single other NintenTreat known to man kind) & domino's days for now are officially GAME OVER. Instead, make way....for Broccoli, carrots, vegan protein powder, apples, blueberries ect. hurray!

Untitled

I have been going through something similar the last couple years, they had to remove my gallbladder but there were complications, major complications. Now I am trying to find out what I can and cannot eat, and it sucks.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage

Mickey

158. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo I was thinking more along the lines of: I always feel like "I need to do this thing so I can redeem myself for this" and, frankly, it's taken its toll on me. Maybe "permanent" wasn't the right word. Let's say "in-general" instead. I'm not all that happy in-general. Again, this book says it has ways to cope, to heal, and whatever else there is to do so I look forward to that.

@KittenKoder My Dad read it first and he said himself that he wouldn't be reading it to me and the others if it didn't work.

The Mousekeloggery

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

159. Posted:

I learned that playing coop games with people that suck at them(at least more than you) make you a better player.

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Nathan_Wv10

160. Posted:

What I learnt today is that girlfriends can be annoying !! :(

Nathan_Wv10

Twitter: Nathplaydirty