Forums

Topic: What happen to my thread on my blog?

Posts 1 to 20 of 34

astarisborn94

I looked on the first page of this section and I can't find it. Did it get deleted or something?

astarisborn94

RandomWiiPlayer

I think it was deleted because of random arguments. Adam started a new thread so the arguments in your thread would stop, but that got deleted too.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

JayArr

It's invisible!

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

astarisborn94

@RandomWiiPlayer: They deleted it? The arguement has already ended before it was deleted, why couldn't they just delete the arguement in here and transfer it to "The Thread Not About Super Smash Bros. Fan's Blog" instead?

Unless a Nintendo Life staff member give me answer, I will contact them directly about it.

astarisborn94

RandomWiiPlayer

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

@RandomWiiPlayer: They deleted it? The arguement has already ended before it was deleted, why couldn't they just delete the arguement in here and transfer it to "The Thread Not About Super Smash Bros. Fan's Blog" instead?

Unless a Nintendo Life staff member give me answer, I will contact them directly about it.

I'm not sure, but the argument didn't stop. It was off and on for a little while.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

theblackdragon

i have no idea what happened to your thread, dude. all i know is that it was still around before i went to bed last night. i did delete at least one inflammatory reply from it after it was all over... maybe the argument really didn't stop, and someone else just deleted the entire thread to be done with it all? i dunno. :/

I do know that Corbie has mentioned in chat that they're working on redoing the forum rules to add some clearer stuff about blog threads and homebrew discussion, though. You may want to e-mail him before restarting the blog thread entirely. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

StarBoy91

Cheer up, guys. Maybe we should just wait until it comes back up (or starts over again).
Still, it was a neat topic, though.

I am StarBoy91, and I love all things 16-bit =)
My Backloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart
To each their own

Corbs

We're working on some updated site rules that will better clarify the policies we have on certain things like homebrew and personal blog promotion. We're finding that we're getting a large number of personal blog promotion topics and these have become somewhat of a breeding ground for arguments. Because we can't control and monitor each person's blogs, it makes it difficult to moderate the topics when we don't know where these arguments are stemming from. And it's difficult to deal with the arguments and marked topics on this site, let alone those that are coming from other places. We're beginning to find out why many sites don't allow users to promote their own sites now. It comes with a whole new set of problems. We'll have a new policy in place soon that should make things clearer.

Plain old gamer :)

DjPhatskillz

@ nlife staff. thanks for taking so much time to clean and monitor the forums. you guys run a tight ship and i appreciate that. its one of the reasons i lurk this board so much (that and i think most users are pretty rad too). lord knows that they're are enough ridiculous video game boards out there on the interweb! im stoked there is at least one that stands above the rest. keep on keepin on, brothers.

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravage

Corbie wrote:

We're working on some updated site rules that will better clarify the policies we have on certain things like homebrew and personal blog promotion. We're finding that we're getting a large number of personal blog promotion topics and these have become somewhat of a breeding ground for arguments. Because we can't control and monitor each person's blogs, it makes it difficult to moderate the topics when we don't know where these arguments are stemming from. And it's difficult to deal with the arguments and marked topics on this site, let alone those that are coming from other places. We're beginning to find out why many sites don't allow users to promote their own sites now. It comes with a whole new set of problems. We'll have a new policy in place soon that should make things clearer.

Would it be alright to ask advice or help about a personal blog? I have to make one for a class and I figured if I got stuck, I could ask on here about it. I will probably be unnecessary, but it is still a possible scenario.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

Corbs

Sure Ravage, that's fine.

Plain old gamer :)

Ramandus

I like it here because the people are nice, but some of the moderators lock/delete threads too much. As far as arguing, most of the arguments seem to start with the same users and these people don't seem to get banned or warned.

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

Ravage

Corbie wrote:

Sure Ravage, that's fine.

Thanks.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

Reala

Will you be mentioning duplicates in the rules?, because there are a lot of them, if possible a merge would be nice for these.

Reala

Magi

I think a lot of you are forgetting that forums are NOT democracies (nor should they be). Everything that is posted is subject to the site rules and the whims of the moderators (as it should be).

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

Machu

Personally, I wouldn't let people advertise their blogs, except of course as a link in their sig. Those who are interested can make the effort to hit said link, instead of being shepherded toward it, which really bugs me.

Rawr!

Vendetta

Machu wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't let people advertise their blogs, except of course as a link in their sig. Those who are interested can make the effort to hit said link, instead of being shepherded toward it, which really bugs me.

An increase in people's thinking like this will result in a direct and proportional decrease in "Dude, where's my thread" threads.

Ex cineribus resurgo
Wii / Speak / Music: 3991 9961 5576 0184 · · · · Mario Kart Wii: 3609 8999 1445· · · · · · · ·Alien Crush: 1934 4006 9660
The Conduit: 2622 0458 3119· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Water Warfare: 4726 5832 1608· · · · · · · Onslaught: 0388 6842 8268

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic