General Discussion Forum

Topic: What Game are YOU currently playing?

Showing 701 to 720 of 1,919

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

701. Posted:

Pokemon White, for about the 326th time.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

702. Posted:

I've been playing Elite Beat Agents all this week. Thanks to that, I now have Earth Wind and Fire's September stuck in my head...

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

Splat

703. Posted:

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

704. Posted:

Untitled
This screenshot is deceiving....This zombie wasn't in this Save room. Heck, there was no zombie in this save room to begin with and there never has been a zombie OR enemy in any save Room in any of the Resident Evil games to begin with.lol I wonder if that particular zombie will ever show up later on in the game...Since he looks pretty damn creepy and funked up.

Resident Evil Zero: Archives - Wii B-)

And you know, I'm definitly enjoying it a bit more than I did with the Remake. I'm really digging the character swap, the item dropping mechanic(instead of the Chest) and team mechanic. I'm about 3 hours in, and it feels great returning to some classic Survival horror. The remake wasn't that fresh to me, and i personally favored the PSX original over it.....Nostalgia plays an enormouse role but RE1 was amazing for it's time. For me it mildy did with Mario 64 did for 3D platformers, yet RE1 set the bar or better yet, created the freakin Survival Horror genre...Ya ya, Alone in the Dark, forget that rubbish. :p

Anyways, I don't quite understand the hate that Zero gets....If anything, Code Veronica desserves all of that hate.
Scratch that, the Singing Wizard was a horrible idea on Capcom's part.....They really went overboard with that idea. I mean HE was the reason how the infection broke out at the mansion? really!? A Pretty Boy Wizard who looked like he popped out of some Castlevania Sailor Moon-like Anime created one of the biggest and most horrible disasters in RE history?.....No way, it just seems too out there and ridiculous. Stupid, Stupid.

RE1 and RE2 at least stuck with believable plots that were grounded in reality, but Zero and CV just had to screw things up and go overboard into silly territory. THAT so far is my only gripe. Plus that new guy Edward from the Bravo Team(SPOILERS) got axed way too early.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

madgear

705. Posted:

Code Veronica does not deserve any hate, Waveboy - it takes us back to what made the original so great. Isolated location, old mansion settings, the return of Chris and Wesker in epic form, backstory on the founders of Umbrella - there's even rooms that are replicas of the original mansion. Other than that the gameplay is just as good, it's probably one of the creepiest games in the series and probably has the most refined control of the fixed camera games until REmake came along. What's not to love?

madgear

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

706. Posted:

Super Mario World! :)

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

707. Posted:

madgear wrote:

Code Veronica does not deserve any hate, Waveboy - it takes us back to what made the original so great. Isolated location, old mansion settings, the return of Chris and Wesker in epic form, backstory on the founders of Umbrella - there's even rooms that are replicas of the original mansion. Other than that the gameplay is just as good, it's probably one of the creepiest games in the series and probably has the most refined control of the fixed camera games until REmake came along. What's not to love?

CV boardered into SCFI territory with it's 'too out there' plot.....It was the beginning of Wesker's Super human t-virus matrix-esque abilities which i wasn't crazy over, along with the horribly bland and far less detailed clunky environemnts, the reused Zombie SFX groans from RE2, the gore was totaly lacking, the characters looked like anime(almost) porcelain dolls, The character animations looked akwardly wooden and stiff, Steve was an awful character with some truly cringe worthy and hilarious voice acting.lol It was also the first RE title to stray away from that grounded in reality Romero-like vibe RE1(especially) to RE2 and 3 had. CV just left a bad taste in my mouth and at that point it all just felt really stale, and a step back wards in gameplay compared to RE3.

We all have our favorites and this and that, but CV bored me to tears...Actually, i had a decent time with it in the begining, but it went all to hell the moment you played as Chris, which was towards the end of the game based on what i remember.

Anyways, I'm sure CV would of been more haunting and atmospheric if Capcom stuck to prerendered backdrops instead of going 3D....it's like a night and day difference. But the 3D had it's advantages with the scrolling camera and the like. If anything the RE 3.5 demo had amazing 3D environments, i wish to god we would of gotten that over RE4. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

LEGEND_MARIOID

708. Posted:

Wii: Sin and Punishment 2 Successor of the Skies

DS: Puzzle Quest (retail version)

WiiWare: Fast Draw Showdown (a lot better than the retail version and much better than I expected)

DSiWare: Plants and Zombies

3DS: S. Monkey Ball 3D and SSFIV 3D

Edited on by LEGEND_MARIOID

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage

multiplayermadness93

709. Posted:

wii:super mario galaxy 2
Ds: sonic rush adventure
3ds: pilotwings resort
wiiware: sonic 4
n64: mariokart 64
game boy advance:megaman battle network 3
game boy color:disneyworld racing
gamecube:mariokart double dash

multiplayermadness93

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

710. Posted:

Tales of Vesperia - [25:05] Just got back to Maniac after turning up in Yormgen. Now headed for the Aer Krene, then I'm off to see Belius.

Tales of Phantasia - 8 Hours in. Headed to Moria Gallery, which is a dead end apparently, then heading to Undine's Water Cave (had to use a guide to figure that out)

Tales of Innocence - I explored a Bossless dungeon for a while, and leveled up like crazy, thanks to the stupid turtles. (Large monsters + Narrow corridors = many unavoidable battles) Not to mention the place was a maze. All in all, it was an excersize in frustration, especially since I haven't gotten used to the controls. Once I really get into this game, I better look up a guide so I know what I'm supposed to do.

Tales of the Abyss - Played just enough to get to the first save point so I know that it works. I'll get into it once I'm finished with Vesperia and Phantasia

Dawn of War II: Retribution - Playing it Co-op with a friend. Finished the Blood Raven's Campaign, which is basically the only one with story.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MERG

711. Posted:

Getting back into Etrian Odyssey 3 until the eShop opens and OoT is released.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

patricke123

712. Posted:

Super Street fighter 4 trying to learn Blanka

patricke123

AuthorMessage

bro2dragons

713. Posted:

Well, my Wii is currently inoperable while I wait for my lens cleaner to arrive. The GameCube portion of it still works, though, as does its internal memory, so I'm playing a lot of GC and downloadable stuff.

Tales of Symphonia: I've started and dropped numerous times because I just couldn't quite get into it, but after I recently beat Paper Mario (64), I wanted another new RPG, and so many people suggested it, I told myself I was going to play further and really try to get into it. And suffice to say, I'm finally really loving this and a little sad I always felt so meh about it until now. I'll be finishing it this time, and buying the Wii shortly after.

Wind Waker: I'm actually playing through this with my non-gamer girlfriend. I've given her one of my favorite DS games ever, 999, to borrow because it's almost like a novel, and she's a huge reader, and I've started playing through this with her, too. I'm trying to slowly introduce her to more of my hobby so she'll gain a little more of an appreciation for it. She's in support of me loving to game, but has never really done so herself, so I'm using a few of my favorite titles to try and ease her in. Next, we'll probably go with something more strategic and play through Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

MDK2: Just downloaded this yesterday, and so far, it's a blast. I'm really looking forward to getting deeper into it.

BIT. TRIP FLUX: Also got this yesterday, and played it with my friend who loves the franchise almost as much as I do. Each new game reminds us both why we love videogames in the first place and makes us smile and laugh and rant and yell like few other games do. We tried beating it in a sitting... and after getting halfway through level three and accidentally hitting restart... twice... we were getting our butts kicked, and our brains hurt, and we had to call it a day. He and I conquered BEAT together, though, so FLUX is going down, too.

Liight: Got this yesterday also, since I had an extra 400 points plus the 200 left after my two purchases above. I figured I wanted something slower and more methodical, and it certainly doesn't disappoint. It was between this and Tomena Sanner for me, which will probably be next, along with Chrono Trigger and something else, but I figured since I haven't beaten BIT. TRIP RUNNER quite yet, and will be working on that with my friend after FLUX, I should hold off on more unstoppable runners for now.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29
We, like Job, are destitute save for the love of Jesus.
Find me on Facebook, just be sure to tell me you're from NL!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

714. Posted:

bro2dragons wrote:

Tales of Symphonia: I've started and dropped numerous times because I just couldn't quite get into it, but after I recently beat Paper Mario (64), I wanted another new RPG, and so many people suggested it, I told myself I was going to play further and really try to get into it. And suffice to say, I'm finally really loving this and a little sad I always felt so meh about it until now. I'll be finishing it this time, and buying the Wii shortly after.

Awesome, glad you like it. How far in are you?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

bro2dragons

715. Posted:

@Mac: Just met Governor-General Dorr of Palmacosta. So, I'm not very far in at all, but I'm starting to really love it now. Looking forward to getting deeper.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29
We, like Job, are destitute save for the love of Jesus.
Find me on Facebook, just be sure to tell me you're from NL!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

716. Posted:

bro2dragons wrote:

@Mac: Just met Governor-General Dorr of Palmacosta. So, I'm not very far in at all, but I'm starting to really love it now. Looking forward to getting deeper.

Hmm...I don't remember that part, but it has been forever since I played ToS. I still have to finish it, actually. I'm only a third of the way in, if that. Oh well, if I am further than you, than I can say is that it only gets better, especially gameplay-wise.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tails

717. Posted:

Right now I'm playing Portal on Steam. :)

Check out Wii-kly Review's on http://www.videogameheat.com PSN ID: TailsPrower86 3DS FC: 3695 0027 1349 Tails XBL GamerTag: BioReaver86

AuthorMessage

sashahorsford

718. Posted:

Metal Gear Solid... Wow it's an amazing game.

sashahorsford

AuthorMessage

Turnip

719. Posted:

i'm playing ace attorney: Apollo justice. :3

Cringing is really fun.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

720. Posted:

Sonic Rush.
Best Sonic game ever? Quite possibly.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com