General Discussion Forum

Topic: What Game are YOU currently playing?

Showing 501 to 520 of 1,836

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

501. Posted:

Untitled

Time to take a break from the DS...
since I've been playing it almost every night since late March with Pac-Pix, Professor Layton: And the Curious Villiage(which I quit 5 hours in do to losing patience and not wanting to spend that much amount of time on it let alone solving standard math problems...But I will get back to it later on, maybe) and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow which i just finished 2 nights ago.

I Need something short and sweet, and I haven't played this one since I was....Well 5 or 6. :p

Besides, I haven't played a VC game since Splatterhouse(Ahem dissapointment, would of loved to play superior Arcade version isntead), which was back in Feb.....And Adventure Island II is coming out, so why not. :D

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

502. Posted:

Metal Gear Solid... Wow it's an amazing game.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

503. Posted:

Booooo to Adventure Island. lol
The biggest mistake Hudson made with this game aside from the constant sprite flickering has got to be the 2 lives only BS...AND no continues. Are you fudgin kidding me!? Who in the hell can finish 8 worlds which have 4 stages in each of them plus 8 bosses.....With 2 bloody lives!? Sure you can earn more with bonus points, but it's not exactly eay or frequent when achieving so. I can't even get passes the 2nd world....2-2 keeps kicking my . It's definitly as intense, fun and on your toes like i remember it being....And while I love rock hard games, this game amps up the difficulty on the 2nd stage and it gradually gets more difficult from there on. Easily one of the toughest NES games out there based on what i remember...

So the 2 lives only isn't happening with me, it's mondo monkey rubbish. Soooo....I find out there's a cheat that gives you infinate continues, so i opted for that....The problem is, is that it makes the game TOO easy....Easy in the sense that you never fear death, intensity and challenge are basically destroyed because you get infinate lives and when you lose a continue you don't start at the beginning of the world, yet instead you start on the same stage you died at...

.At that point, it all felt pointless to me as i was just running around and being careless not even caring if I got killed.....The game should of had limited continues....I don't know if i even wan't to bother with it anymore, I'll keep it for Nostalgia sake though. :p

How's Wonderboy by the way?

Edited on by theblackdragon

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

504. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

The biggest mistake Hudson made with this game aside from the constant sprite flickering has got to be the 2 lives only BS...AND no continues. Are you fudgin kidding me!? Who in the hell can finish 8 worlds which have 4 stages in each of them plus 8 bosses.....With 2 bloody lives!? Sure you can earn more with bonus points, but it's not exactly eay or frequent when achieving so. I can't even get passes the 2nd world....2-2 keeps kicking my . It's definitly as intense, fun and on your toes like i remember it being....And while I love rock hard games, this game amps up the difficulty on the 2nd stage and it gradually gets more difficult from there on. Easily one of the toughest NES games out there based on what i remember...

So the 2 lives only isn't happening with me, it's mondo monkey rubbish. Soooo....I find out there's a cheat that gives you infinate continues, so i opted for that....The problem is, is that it makes the game TOO easy....Easy in the sense that you never fear death, intensity and challenge are basically destroyed because you get infinate lives and when you lose a continue you don't start at the beginning of the world, yet instead you start on the same stage you died at...

.At that point, it all felt pointless to me as i was just running around and being careless not even caring if I got killed.....The game should of had limited continues....I don't know if i even wan't to bother with it anymore, I'll keep it for Nostalgia sake though. :p

So your not happy with Adventure Island playing without cheats and your not happy playing with cheats? Might you just not be happy with the game at all? lol. Thats one reason I never got into the Adventure Island games. I remember how insanely difficult they got after the first level and they just frustrated me. Of course the second one was a bit easier than the first and I loved how you got dinosaurs to ride in that one.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Splat

505. Posted:

Dart Rage Wiiware.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

506. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

So your not happy with Adventure Island playing without cheats and your not happy playing with cheats? Might you just not be happy with the game at all? lol. Thats one reason I never got into the Adventure Island games. I remember how insanely difficult they got after the first level and they just frustrated me. Of course the second one was a bit easier than the first and I loved how you got dinosaurs to ride in that one.

Well...You either have the choice of it being insanely unbeatable since you only have 2 lives, or you can make it careless, unintense, and super easy by being able to die as many times as you wan't and start at the same stage as you died it.

What I wan't are limited continues....Hell give me 3 or 4 of them and I'm ready to go. You've either got the choice to play the game as being almost ubeatable, or super easy. Both ways suck! :p

I guess I could just pretend that I have 4 or 5 continues and restart the game after that.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

507. Posted:

Well I decided to give Adventure Island a go tonight....And it managed to suck me in for 3 hours.
And no, there's no way anybody can beat this game with 2 lives.....Infinite continues is your only chance in hell, and still this game is devilishly tricky. I finally made it up to World 7-4 and I can't for the life of me get past this one part where you're supposed to jump through 2 spiders....:o It was driving me nuts! And the game's music is still playing in my head. Aghhhh! lol

Anyways, I'm enjoying it so far and it's definitly one of the better earlier Nes titles, as it was the way i remembered it being.
I just wish the bosses would of been different for each world. Instead you get the same monster, but with a different head...But they all do the same exact attack. The only differnce is their streangth sadly.

Anyhoo! I'll be finishing this one up tomorrow. I went past my gaming limit and the gooey eyes were in full force!

AuthorMessage

Token_Girl

508. Posted:

Just beat LoZ:aLttP. Need to focus on Portal and beat that before the sequel comes (preordered on amazon for PS3).

Still chugging along on Pokemon SS. Game takes a long time when played in 10 min. bursts on the metro to and from work.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage

PiribroH

509. Posted:

I started Half-Life 2 and so far it has been great. I'm still playing Okamiden, TF2 and KEY too.

I am just a Madao...and I'm proud of it!

AuthorMessage

HapsNinFan

510. Posted:

Just Finished Super Mario Bros Wiii World 9! That Was Just My Type Of Easiness :) And People Say Its Easy :S!
Cant Wait To Get Okami! Currently Im Playing The Legend Of Zelda Phantom Hourglass And On Wii Im Passing Time Until Okami Arrives With Mariokart! Unlocked All Characters And I Play On Wi Fi!

HapsNinFan

AuthorMessage

HapsNinFan

511. Posted:

And If I Cant Sleep I Feel Like Calming Myself Rather Than Zelda So I Play Mariokart DS! Im Awesome At Racing And Always Win! :D ! Hate Cheats though! Dont Cheat Honestly! It Just Ruins It And I Love MK!

HapsNinFan

AuthorMessage

HapsNinFan

512. Posted:

Sometimes Play Animal crossing wii if im RELLY Calm :3 nearly got fountain!

HapsNinFan

AuthorMessage

HapsNinFan

513. Posted:

Go Yoshi On MK DS And Go Funkey Kong On MK WII! < 3

HapsNinFan

AuthorMessage

HapsNinFan

514. Posted:

labrat7 wrote:

Wii:
Wii Party

WiiWare:
None

DS:
Animal Crossing Wild World
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days

DSiWare:
Mario V.S. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again

Xbox 360:
Plants vs Zombies

Hey your just like me :3 i love ac and mario vs dk :D calming games arent they? wii party with family and friends good. u mean u dont like 3ds? tbh i dont like it much myself. not planning on getting one. im already skint getting all my wii and ds games :S :@

HapsNinFan

AuthorMessage

HapsNinFan

515. Posted:

im also playing pokemon heartgold but i cant get gym boss 2 or 3 i cant remember! someone help me!!!!!!! plezzzzzz! cuz i really like it but i cnt do it! hes called bugsy! im on level 27

HapsNinFan

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

516. Posted:

HapsNinFan,
6 posts in a row! Keep up the thread flooding! lol :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Splat

517. Posted:

Midnight Pool (Wiiware).

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

518. Posted:

Dungeon Raid for my iTouch.

Untitled

Kinda like if Dungeons & Dragons, Bejeweled, and a classic RPG were fused together. Infinite love. :D

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

519. Posted:

Monster....Hunter....Triiiii.............RawrrrRRRR!!! xD "Chaaa-Chaaa!!"

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

520. Posted:

Adventure Island is driving me NUTS....:o
if you're going to throw down a Top 10 list for the most difficult Nes games ever made, this would easily make it. World 8-2 may be thee hardest level of ANY Nes game I've ever played....Mega Man, Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden can't even touch this. It destroyed and destroyed me too many times to count...And i couldn't believe when i finally beat it. :o Ya...2 hours later!

See for yourself....This guy makes it look easy, but to become this good you've had to of been playing this stage for hours on end to nail it, even then it's still incredibly difficult. And remember, 1 hit and your dead AND you don't get a hammer in this stage either...

Edited on by WaveBoy