General Discussion Forum

Topic: What Game are YOU currently playing?

Showing 441 to 460 of 1,997

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

441. Posted:

@Waveboy

I remember when that game came out. I was actually planning on picking it up, but Nintendo Power's review of it put me off.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

442. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

@Waveboy

I remember when that game came out. I was actually planning on picking it up, but Nintendo Power's review of it put me off.

What did Nintendo Power give it? Based on what I'd play it's at least give an 8. The Bosses are suprisngly enjoyable as well. Once you hit up the later stages and get Pacman's 2 other abilities it becomes even more fun. Namco may of played it safe on the graphics and presentation but they created one innovative and fun experience.

I could only imagine how even more fresh and awesome this must of been during the DS's launch.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

443. Posted:

Huh. Looking at Metacritics, it says Nintendo Power gave it an 8/10. I remember it being a lot lower, closer to a six. Musta misread the review, or maybe the negatives sounded really bothersome. I think I might still have the issue it was reviewed in.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

444. Posted:

I'm playing a Nintendo 3DS with Super Street Fighter IV and Pilotwings Resort, along with some Pokemon Black on the side.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

EliPro

445. Posted:

Im playing Ghost Recon:SHadow Wars and SSFIV

Wii FC:5954-2958-4632-5792
GE007:00555-9505-006
Brawl:1634-0151-9007
3DS:3609-1031-8007
Steam:WindSquid
Xbox Live GT:windsquid887
Im currently playing:
Plants Vs Zombies

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

446. Posted:

Pokemon Black, Pilotwings Resort, and Nintendogs.
I also started a new file in Phantom Hourglass and am playing that a little. It's hard for the game to keep my attention now that I have other new games.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

447. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Huh. Looking at Metacritics, it says Nintendo Power gave it an 8/10. I remember it being a lot lower, closer to a six. Musta misread the review, or maybe the negatives sounded really bothersome. I think I might still have the issue it was reviewed in.

You can get it for less than $15 CAN on eBay, it's definitly worth picking up for that price. It's another fantastic touch screen control showcase. Some may complain that it's just not long enough, but that's where the ranking system comes in which is where you can unlock the cards.

Personally I don't care for the ranking system, or collecting all of the cards. I wan't to play this from beginning to end and that's that. Besides, ranking an 'A' in world 9 and up seems practically impossible at times. But I'm sure Worlds 10-12 will give people some crazy trouble, which will bump up the leangth of the experience. :p But hey I love games that are short but sweet.

Tonight I'll hopefully have this one finished up. 3 more worlds to go and I'm done. :)

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Portista

448. Posted:

Super Paper Mario, and D.I.Y.

Monster Hunter for the win!!!!! Check out my music album at https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fifteen-ep/id589290511

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

449. Posted:

Untitled
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Well....Not anymore that is. :P
First of all, aside from the game skewing away from Castlevania's classic monster gothic trade mark look and giving us some cheesy generic bubble gum anime crap which I can still somewhat forgive, yet what really bothers me is that the bloody main screen itself is placed on the bottom screen...!? I honestly can't stand playing Side Scrollers on the DS's bottom screen, i guess it depends really. But it made Dawn of Sorrow super akward and uncomfortable to play.

I'm sure Konami would of included an option to have the main screen on the top and the Map/Item Screen on the bottom, but Nooooo....Instead we get gimmicky touch screen controls which break up the flow of the gameplay. Once I beat a boss, I have to akwardly whip out my Stylus and draw a scele....Oh wait, there are a bunch of Ice blocks in front of me....Guess I have to whip out my stylus and start pecking away.....Hell, once you leave 'that' area and go back, you have to keep pecking away at the ice blocks all over again. Now this would all be fine and dandy for any touch screen based game, but this isn't. It's a traditional game with akward stylus controls thrown in, and this reason alone is why the main screen is on the bottom

Sooo....Not a fan of the anime art style, yet it's not a game breaker. It's the main screen being on the bottom screen that is and the akward gimmicky stylus controls are the sucktastic icing on the vampire cake. Negatives aside, I found it somewhat enjoyable...Controls feel great, killing enemies with the standard knife feels pretty sweet, the graphics are beautiful, the music seems decent....Although not up to classic Castlevania standards, but i just find the gameplay to be tiring after a while, but it's probably because of those negatives i pointed out above....If the game screen was on the top screen and there weren't any stylus controls I'd probably be still be playing this right now....But half the time i just wanted to shut the damn game off, i guess it was that annoying for me having to play it on the bottom screen, it was hurting my neck too. :P

Portrait of Ruin and OOE luckily don't have the touch screen controls, but does the main game take place on the top screen?
Also I wasn't too crazy over SOTN, but i managed to finish it 100% a few years back. But yup, I completely favor the old school castlevania games when compared to metroidvania. But I still wan't to give POR or OOE a chance....

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

450. Posted:

The gimmicky Stylus controls ruined Dawn of Sorrow for me.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

451. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

What about the anime styled characters? The main screen being at the bottom is what's definitly the deal breaker for me. It's just so akward...Anyways, As much as I dig back tracking in a game, weather it's metroid prime or Resident Evil ect for example, i just find Metroidvania to be a bit of a snooz..

.SOTN was definitly more appealing because of the art style, and playing it on the big screen was much easier on the eyes, not to say I had a great time with that one either. :p But again, can you switch the main screen to be on the top for POR or OOE?

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

Splat

452. Posted:

Dart Rage (WiiWare) I'm not really sure why rage is in the title but a decent game any ways. :)

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

453. Posted:

Lots and lots of PSP demos... Need to get a better memory stick soon, this 2GB one I already had ain't cutting it.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

454. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Lots and lots of PSP demos...

Ooh, what ones? I got a lot of games through those demoes. Have you tried the Resistance demo? I liked that one a lot, though I still need to get the full game.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

455. Posted:

Playing Portrait of Ruin again thanks to Waveboy. This game puts a smile on my face.:)

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

What about the anime styled characters?

Oddly no, and you weren't the only one bothered by the new art style either. I've heard a lot of complaints about it, but it never really bothered me.

WaveBoy wrote:

But again, can you switch the main screen to be on the top for POR or OOE?

Nope.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

456. Posted:

Monster Hunter Tri. Capturing the Great Jaggi is killing me! I weaken it, set down my shock trap and then waste my tranq bombs like an idiot. Does anyone know where I can find any bomb casings so I can make some more? D:

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

457. Posted:

Untitled

And I've gotta say, this is quite the fresh of breath air. :)
The hand drawn visuals and locations are spectacular, the music fits the game perfectly, the story is pretty interesting, it's fun searching for coins with your stylus, and the puzzles can be pretty fun, while others are down right frusturating and brain bending. I've played for over 3 hours and have came across around 30 puzzles with most of them complete.

And while I'm enjoying it so far, I don't think it's the type of game I could, or would wan't to play again as far as the sequals go. This seems like a 'one deal' type of game to me, as the sequals I'm guessing are just more of the same thing, and I'm not sure I'd wan't that when it comes to this type of game....Then again, I'm not even half way through it so I may change my tune.

If anything, a DS sequal to Zack & Wiki would blow this game to pieces hehe. now 'Zack & Wiki' on the other hand was brilliant, easily one of my favorite Wii titles. The Puzzles in that game were the greatest video game puzzles(not to mention highly creative and intuitive due to the motion controls ect ect) I've ever experienced, but Layton is a completely different breed in that regard so it's really not fair to compare perse.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

458. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Playing Portrait of Ruin again thanks to Waveboy. This game puts a smile on my face.:)

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

What about the anime styled characters?

Oddly no, and you weren't the only one bothered by the new art style either. I've heard a lot of complaints about it, but it never really bothered me.

WaveBoy wrote:

But again, can you switch the main screen to be on the top for POR or OOE?

Nope.

Damnit! :p
Oh well, I think I'll just ditch my copy of Dawn of Sorrow and pick up OoE whenever I get around to it. I mean I really love the gothic art direction it has going on which seems to be more in tune with SOTN, rather than that twirpy anime shananagins in DOS and POR....And no touch screen controls, hurray! But at the same time i somewhat feel like giving DOS another chance.....but ugh, those touch screen controls really make the game feek gimmicky and lame at times. Sona's also a dweeb. lol

And I've also played a bit of POR and based on what I've played i actually kind of prefered it over DOS. It just had a much more unique setting and it definitly sets it'self appart from the Castlevania universe.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

459. Posted:

Final Fantasy III on VC and Pokemon Black.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

460. Posted:

Am I the only one here who doesn't care for the Pokemon games? :p *Hides under chair.

Edited on by WaveWarlock