Forums

Topic: What Game are YOU currently playing?

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 3,990

Ralizah

Spent three hours or so playing an Advance Wars: Days of Ruin trial map early. Only got an A-rank, though, which means I'll eventually be replaying it to go for an S.

Ralizah

Ryu_Niiyama

Dragon's Dogma, Going to be on that for a while yet. Need about 3 run throughs before I want to tackle the Dark Arisen section.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

RR529

Switch: Onimusha Warlords - Imported a physical copy from Japan (my first gaming import!). It's a bit dated in places (especially the way the camera works), but I like the theme, it has an engaging "Metroidvania" structure, and it's edge of your seat tense knowing your next enemy encounter could pop up at nearly any time, especially since you really have to manage your inventory.

PS4: Tales of Zestiria - Not too far in yet (I'm almost done with the "sewer/underground waterway" dungeon, which seems to be a popular theming choice for an early game training dungeon of sorts), but I like it so far.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

darkswabber

I’m currently playing angry birds star wars on my psvita. Tomorrow danganronpa: trigger happy havoc will arive (along with the other 3 games) and I’ll start playing that. I’m also planning on continueing to play disgaea 4 and I want to start new game + in persona 4 golden.

darkswabber

Twitter:

NESlover85

Dark Souls Remastered

In the year of 198X, a super gamer named NESlover85 was created...

3DS Friend Code: 4940-6777-7430 | Nintendo Network ID: NESlover85

Anti-Matter

This....
Untitled
I'm in Mission 5 from Metroid Prime Federation Force.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Good work, how are you finding it - does it meet your requirements?

I bought Celeste tonight and have just played through the first chapter. Initial thoughts are that I'm not sure what the fuss is about. The little scripted moments I've seen so far have charm, and the music is nice enough, but the gameplay just feels like one of several other indie platformers where dash-jumps are all the rage, like I've seen it one too many times already.

I'm prepared to give it more time to blossom into something greater and more in-keeping with the game's reputation, but I'm not sure the will to fully explore each chapter to get all the strawberries is going to be there - not enough variation in the appearance of one screen from another, or the navigation through them, to make exploration appealing so far.

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Franz

World of Final Fantasy. Last night I was stuck on that Minesweeper-like mini game. -_____-

Edited on by Franz

Switch Friend Code: SW-4947-0280-9215 (Cinéphile)
Instagram: @the.franz
Twitter: @cinemaphilia

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Well, after i watched from Youtube about the gameplay of Federation Force, somehow i convinced a bit and at the same time i lost my appetite with Kingdom Hearts.
So, i sold my Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD remix PS4 and i bought Federation Force with very cheap price (210,000 IDR or US$ 14.63)
At first mission, i failed several times due to NOT equipped with Lone Wolf mods for Solo playing. But recently i have managed to reach Mission 7 at planet Excelcion.
Thanks for the recommendation. 😀
Btw, what is the Best MODs setting for playing Solo and being Defensive ?

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Don't ask me, I think you've done more missions than me now
I'm not usually one to get too bogged down over the details of a loadout unless I've tried and failed a mission and decided that it's clear that a particular mod is ideal for it.

Tyranexx

Pokemon Ultra Sun - I'm FINALLY getting around to this one after a year and a half. XD I'm still on the first island, but I do like some of the subtle story changes so far. That said, they've done absolutely nothing about all the railroading....Eh, I can at least appreciate the Reggie reference.

Super Castlevania IV - I've been playing this on the SNES Classic. It's definitely challenging, but it does usually seem fair. A lot fairer than Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, I might add....

Super Mario World - Also on the SNES Classic. This is....I've lost track of how many times over the years that I've played this one.

Donkey Kong Country - I've been playing this when I have the patience for it; I usually don't have any problems until the fourth world. Whoever devised the location of Gorilla Glacier's save point needs smacked.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Mega Man X (SNES Classic), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Ralizah

I have a backlog. I want to finish up Torna: The Golden Country so I can switch my focus to FFXII. But... the side-quests in this game are great. And the storylines in them feed into other side-quests and feel relevant to the larger focus of the game. So I just keep on clearing them, despite having reached Community Level 4 two days ago.

Not sure if I'll 100% it (don't really care to track down all the slates and green barrels, if I'm being honest), but I'm definitely going to be spending a lot more time on it than I thought I would.

Ralizah

SamusLv7

Just a few days ago, I started playing Donkey Kong Country 2 (N3DS). Last time I started it, I forgot about it due to a new game I bought. Thus I decided to start playing in a new file. Currently in the 4th level of world 1.

Now playing:
Zelda BotW (DLC), Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default, Yooka-Laylee, Bravely Second.

Kurusu

Currently playing Hyper Light Drifter. I love the world and the aesthetic but I'm absolutely terrible at it.

Kurusu

Switch Friend Code: SW-2048-2960-7901 | My Nintendo: kurusus

Vinny

Ori and the Blind Forest, NSMB U, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Anti-Matter

Final Fantasy X Nintendo Switch.
Still at Kilika Woods.

My Top 6 games :

starspawn85

Right now I am in the middle of FF7 but I have been trying to get through Dark Souls and Dead Cells

starspawn85

gcunit

Been giving some long overdue time to Owlboy the last couple of days. Between 4-5 hours played.

The visual design is great and the gameplay is pretty good, I have particularly liked the simple but enjoyable twinstick shooting and the little puzzle elements - they're fairly simple but at the same time have a fairly unique take on the 'activate switch to open door' puzzle mechanic.

I think the thematic design of the game really has potential to carve out it's own little classic/masterpiece niche within the genre, but I fear, unless I'm pleasantly surprised before beating the game, that a few aspects will let it down, those being:

• the underwhemling sound design, which is just a bit dull and unremarkable, with large passages of play lacking any interesting audio accompaniment - this is particularly disappointing just because there's a few brief moments where the music is genuinely a bright spot in the game, there's just not enough of it;
  • gameplay is just a bit samey so far.

Ralizah

@gcunit What I've seen and heard recalls the more structured, narrative-heavy game design of Iconoclasts. Sad to hear about the lack of good music.

Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic