Forums

Topic: What Game are YOU currently playing?

Posts 3,801 to 3,820 of 3,887

ReaderRagfihs

I've brought out Dragon Quest IX again and have been messing around the post game. Just doing some grottoes, grinding some Metal King Slimes, a few quests here and there. The usual.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

Kinoen

deltarune
New game made by Toby Fox, creator of Undertale, is free, but its like a demo at the moment.

Kinoen

Vinny

Skyward Sword on the Wii, I'm actually having fun with the motion controls!

On the Vita, I'm playing Ys VIII. Despite the framerate issues, it's a fine game with great gameplay.
Also a bit of Danganronpa v3. Excellent adventure title.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Blitzenexx

Dang, apparently I've really been neglecting this topic! O_O Let's fix that, shall we?

Golden Sun: The Lost Age - At first this one started off a bit...generic as far as RPGs go, but now the world has really opened up for me. There's so much to do and see, so many Djinn to collect, some pretty cool areas, sub-plots, characters, etc....In short, I'm really enjoying this game. I really liked the first Golden Sun, but I would definitely rank this one above its predecessor at this point. I think that I'm at least halfway through the game. After my last play session...let's just say that the plot has thickened considerably, and Felix and his group are under a bit of pressure to finish their quest now. Also, as far as morons go, I think the Mayor of Alhafra outranks Babi in my book at this point. That whole sub-plot between Madra, Alhafra, and the Champa pirates was quite interesting indeed.

Super Mario Kart (3DS VC) - Confession: I have never played a game of Mario Kart outside of a couple of levels of Mario Kart Wii at a party one time. It's neat to see how the famous kart-racing series began, but...I'm not quite sure what to think of this one. It's by no means a bad game, but it seems a bit...bland? I've gotten some enjoyment out of it, but it seems best suited to short sessions for me; racing games in general just don't hold my attention for long. I've been told that this entry is best suited for those nostalgic for it and that the more modern entries are much better.

Edited on by Blitzenexx

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Wii U VC), Detective Pikachu

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

GyroZeppeli

Rocket Fist and Death Squared. These are both very entertaining games for a low price and have great multiplayer value.
Astro Bears Party also comes to mind, being an extremely fun and addictive game which is usually on sale for less than $1 USD.

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Change My Mind: Johnny is the best JoJo.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704 | Twitter:

Bunnymentendo

Metroid Prime Hunters - This is the only DS game that has replay value for me. The multiplayer matches (With bots instead of actual players) are so fun and addicting, especially with all the different modes such as Bounty, Prime Hunter, Survival, ect.

I'm a rare example of a guy who likes both cartoons and anime equally. Also, Breath of the Wild is AWESOME! (No Lego Movie pun intended)

Check out my Youtube channel here if you like cringy humor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6275-6076-4710 | 3DS Friend Code: 1049-4443-8858 | Twitter:

Frosty_09

@BeetonTheRobot Awesome game, having the option to fight against bots certainly gave it a lot of replay value. Really loved how smooth it felt to move around and the fast-paced nature of the matches. Now that there's a bug that allows DS games, including Metroid Prime Hunters, to connect to the Wi-Fi again I can't wait to jump back into the online multiplayer and start sniping with Trace.

ReaderRagfihs

@Frosty_09 Is there a new exploit for DS online? I have an Action Replay so a while ago I tried playing Mario Kart DS through Wiimmfi, but while it did successfully give me a friend code, it freezes whenever I try to connect.

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

ReaderRagfihs

@Frosty_09 Oh wow, that's much easier than the old method! The fact that you have to delete your old friend roster is disappointing and will probably prevent me from taking some of my games online (such as Pokemon) but I'm really excited to try this out!

The issue is my wifi isn't WEP so I'll have to do some magic to make it supported. But until then, I'll try some if I have some free time at work tomorrow (the wifi there is wep).

I wonder if this same trick also works for DSiware games like Bomberman Blitz?

Bunnymentendo

@Frosty_09 I remember the first time that I played the online, players were probably using Action Replay codes to do all sorts of crazy stuff, including the ability to go through walls or even fire multiple Imperialist beams all at once. I'm curious to see how the online works now once I figure out the method you provided.

Edited on by Bunnymentendo

I'm a rare example of a guy who likes both cartoons and anime equally. Also, Breath of the Wild is AWESOME! (No Lego Movie pun intended)

Check out my Youtube channel here if you like cringy humor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6275-6076-4710 | 3DS Friend Code: 1049-4443-8858 | Twitter:

Frosty_09

@ReaderRagfish I hated that DS games only supported WEP, but I can probably get around it with mobile hotspots instead.

Oh man, I totally forgot about Bomberman Blitz! Now that's another gem that I'd love to revisit for its multiplayer as well.

@BeetonTheRobot Yeah it was pretty bad with all the cheaters online, that's why most of the time I only played locally with my friends instead of having to deal with that.

Edited on by Frosty_09

ReaderRagfihs

I had an Action Replay, but I never cheated online because hated it when others did that and didn't want to make others go through it. There were a fair bit of cheats in Mario Kart DS. I remember having one that would instantly give you a bullet bill every time you pressed X.

This new trick could be pretty huge in the scene of bringing online DS games back. This kind of thing could be done pretty easily on Wii, but DS always required either an Action Replay or flashcart, so few people actually bothered. But now that it's this easy, hopefully we'll see more players!

Warioware DIY is what I'm most excited for.

Ralizah

Just finished the third case in Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice. I can't believe I dismissed this game when it first released... it's PHENOMENAL! Best Ace Attorney game since Trials and Tribulations, by far. While I halfway guessed the big twist at the end of the case, it was still very well-conceived, and I really liked how harrowing the entire experience was. So many Ace Attorney cases feel formulaic, like the entire progression of how a case evolves is on rails from beginning to end, so it was really satisfying seeing Phoenix being forced to desperately fight for every inch he could get in the trial segments.

I also feel like the potential of the new foreign setting is really coming into its own and homing in on some interesting themes.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

JackEatsSparrows

Played a bunch of Ark. While it's not the most graphically impressive title on Switch, it's still just as fun as when I played it a bunch on X1 over a year ago. Honestly, it's not much different that a Bethesda game, soooo. It's pretty relaxing, too. I'm currently building a wooden house over the water in an inlet. When I'm not getting ripped to shreds by a roaming Baryonx.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

OfNullAndVoid

Been playing Warframe and am currently waiting for my Kubrow to hatch for the quest Howl of the Kubrow. I've made it up to Mars and am trying to get to Phobos, but unfortunately haven't had much luck finding 3 cephalon fragments required to unlock the junction. Fortunately I have a Thief's Wit mod to help me find them, so hopefully it won't take that long.

On the PC front I managed to complete Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I actually signed up for Google's Project Stream, which allowed me to play the game for free until January 2019. Streaming quality was actually pretty good, though I'm on a 300Mbps connection, which not everyone has. The game was fun, though I saw a lot of things which reminded me of BotW, like being able to scale just about anything, the horse following the roads to destinations, and bullet time in some instances. Of course, not having played any previous Assissin's Creeds, I can't say which did it first.

Now that I've finished that on PC, I've gone on to Neverwinter Nights Diamonds, which I got for free at one point on GOG. I've gone with my go-to race/class of Half-Elf Ranger, something I tend to do in most (A)D&D games.

I was hoping to start playing Smash Ultimate this weekend, but my wife has told me that one's for Christmas, which means I'll have to avoid spoilers... In the meantime I'll be gnawing at the bit waiting to play it...

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

Anti-Matter

K-1 Pocket Grand Prix GBA on my NDS Lite.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (99 / 100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (95 / 100)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 with all expansion packs and DLC (93 / 100)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90 / 100)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90 / 100)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

LetsGoSwitch

LoZ. Not BOTW though... You can guess but you'll never know
TT TT
_____

LetsGoSwitch

GyroZeppeli

OfNullAndVoid wrote:

I was hoping to start playing Smash Ultimate this weekend, but my wife has told me that one's for Christmas, which means I'll have to avoid spoilers... In the meantime I'll be gnawing at the bit waiting to play it...

It’ll be hard to do that if you stay on the site from release to Christmas. There are bound to be spoiler-filled articles and posts.

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Change My Mind: Johnny is the best JoJo.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704 | Twitter:

OfNullAndVoid

@PolarExperience Probably, but I've been able to avoid them in the past with other games by skimming the front page, and mainly looking at the images instead of the words. Personally, I would love it if the site had an optional spoiler filter for the front page. Turn it on and any articles marked by NL as a spoiler article gets hidden, with only a bar with the words "[game title Spoiler] - Click to view". Or heck, maybe even have it on by default so spoilers are always hidden and you have to do an extra click to view.

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic