Forums

Topic: What Game are YOU currently playing?

Posts 3,801 to 3,820 of 3,998

Ralizah

Just finished the third case in Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice. I can't believe I dismissed this game when it first released... it's PHENOMENAL! Best Ace Attorney game since Trials and Tribulations, by far. While I halfway guessed the big twist at the end of the case, it was still very well-conceived, and I really liked how harrowing the entire experience was. So many Ace Attorney cases feel formulaic, like the entire progression of how a case evolves is on rails from beginning to end, so it was really satisfying seeing Phoenix being forced to desperately fight for every inch he could get in the trial segments.

I also feel like the potential of the new foreign setting is really coming into its own and homing in on some interesting themes.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

HobbitGamer

Played a bunch of Ark. While it's not the most graphically impressive title on Switch, it's still just as fun as when I played it a bunch on X1 over a year ago. Honestly, it's not much different that a Bethesda game, soooo. It's pretty relaxing, too. I'm currently building a wooden house over the water in an inlet. When I'm not getting ripped to shreds by a roaming Baryonx.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

OfNullAndVoid

Been playing Warframe and am currently waiting for my Kubrow to hatch for the quest Howl of the Kubrow. I've made it up to Mars and am trying to get to Phobos, but unfortunately haven't had much luck finding 3 cephalon fragments required to unlock the junction. Fortunately I have a Thief's Wit mod to help me find them, so hopefully it won't take that long.

On the PC front I managed to complete Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I actually signed up for Google's Project Stream, which allowed me to play the game for free until January 2019. Streaming quality was actually pretty good, though I'm on a 300Mbps connection, which not everyone has. The game was fun, though I saw a lot of things which reminded me of BotW, like being able to scale just about anything, the horse following the roads to destinations, and bullet time in some instances. Of course, not having played any previous Assissin's Creeds, I can't say which did it first.

Now that I've finished that on PC, I've gone on to Neverwinter Nights Diamonds, which I got for free at one point on GOG. I've gone with my go-to race/class of Half-Elf Ranger, something I tend to do in most (A)D&D games.

I was hoping to start playing Smash Ultimate this weekend, but my wife has told me that one's for Christmas, which means I'll have to avoid spoilers... In the meantime I'll be gnawing at the bit waiting to play it...

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

Anti-Matter

K-1 Pocket Grand Prix GBA on my NDS Lite.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

LetsGoSwitch

LoZ. Not BOTW though... You can guess but you'll never know
TT TT
_____

LetsGoSwitch

GyroZeppeli

OfNullAndVoid wrote:

I was hoping to start playing Smash Ultimate this weekend, but my wife has told me that one's for Christmas, which means I'll have to avoid spoilers... In the meantime I'll be gnawing at the bit waiting to play it...

It’ll be hard to do that if you stay on the site from release to Christmas. There are bound to be spoiler-filled articles and posts.

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

OfNullAndVoid

@PolarExperience Probably, but I've been able to avoid them in the past with other games by skimming the front page, and mainly looking at the images instead of the words. Personally, I would love it if the site had an optional spoiler filter for the front page. Turn it on and any articles marked by NL as a spoiler article gets hidden, with only a bar with the words "[game title Spoiler] - Click to view". Or heck, maybe even have it on by default so spoilers are always hidden and you have to do an extra click to view.

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

Tyranexx

@OfNullAndVoid: I personally like that suggestion. I'm one of the few who hasn't played Breath of the Wild. I've been able to avoid some spoilers for this long, but some other things...nope!

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Monster Hunter Stories (Demo), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

BlueOcean

@Tyranexx Super Mario Kart is better than Mario Kart 8 for me, it was a real racing game with items. Double Dash is the most fun. I played Golden Sun and I liked it but haven't played the sequel yet. Breath of the Wild is my least favourite Zelda ignoring games also ignored by Nintendo like CDi whatever.

I am playing Xenoblade Chronicles X as you know.

BlueOcean

Tyranexx

@BlueOcean: I hope you're enjoying XCX! It's definitely one of the better JRPGs that I've played and is a contender for a top 10 list if I were to ever go through the stress of putting one together.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Monster Hunter Stories (Demo), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

BlueOcean

@Tyranexx Soundtrack aside, Xenoblade Chronicles X is in my opinion the best Wii U game, one of the best RPGs that I have played and a million times more fun than Xenoblade Chronicles.

BlueOcean

RedderRugfish

@Frosty_09 Have you tried it yet? I've been unsuccessful so far getting wep internet for DS games (gonna visit a few thrift stores today to see if I can find an old router) but I did successfully get it working for DSi stuff with my current wpa2 internet and was playing Bomberman Blitz and Pokemon White.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Knighty_IX

@ReaderRagfish Apologies for the late response, I managed to connect my Nintendo DS via mobile hotspot but I used a different primary DNS: 178.62.43.212 instead of 164.132.44.106, which kept on giving me error code: 522XX. Now that I have a successful connection, I can finally play some Metroid Prime Hunters matches online.

Knighty_IX

RedderRugfish

@Frosty_09 Do you have an android phone? I have an iphone and it seems that you can't change the security settings on it.

I haven't gotten mine working yet, but I'm far from ready to give up.

Knighty_IX

@ReaderRagfish Yeah I used an Android phone to connect my Nintendo DS to its mobile hotspot by changing its security settings to be open to all devices. I'm going to set up a guest router as well, don't want to spend all of my cellular data just for gaming.

Knighty_IX

Ralizah

Last few days, Iconoclasts has taken over my gaming life. Playing on Vita. I'm digging the neat story and beautiful pixel art, although it's a bit more story-driven than would be my preference in a side-scrolling pixel art game.

Still, it's ambitious and clearly a labor of love, and I appreciate that sort of effort in my indies.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

RedderRugfish

@Frosty_09 The funny thing is, I went to a thrift store to buy a second router since my sister took our old one when she moved into her apartment. I found one, but when I got home I discovered that the router inside the box was not the router shown on the outside of the box, and it's actually a wired (as in no wifi support) router from 2000.

My luck is cursed.

Knighty_IX

@ReaderRagfish oof sorry to hear that, in contrast I have a couple of old routers and modems collecting dust, hopefully your luck will soon turn around.

Knighty_IX

GyroZeppeli

MegaMan 11 and Smash Ultimate. MM 11 is shorter than what I expected, but it is still very fun and worth the discount. Don’t think I’ll be able to finish WoL in Smash Ultimate until Xmas Break, which is a bit of a bummer, though I was already planning on playing Ultimate more during Xmas.

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

RR529

Yakuza Kiwami on PS4 & Smash Ultimate on Switch.

I think I may be a tad past halfway through Yakuza, Just finished the part where I had to fight the leaders of Blue, White, & Red gangs looking for Haruka. In Smash I've been playing a lot of "World of Light".

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic