Forums

Topic: What Game are YOU currently playing?

Posts 3,521 to 3,540 of 3,789

Tyranexx

@MarcelRguez: Don't worry, I'm already planning on playing Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Part of my motivation for starting the first Golden Sun now (other than the fact that it's been sitting on my Wii U for ages) is that I'll be redeeming a discount voucher from My Nintendo for the second game that expires in about a month. I've always heard great things about the two GBA entries, and many seem to think The Lost Age is the best one.

Video Corner: If Mario Had a Battle Royale Mode
Currently playing: Ocarina of Time 3D (Master Quest), Paper Mario: Color Splash

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

MarcelRguez

@Tyranexx Glad to hear that! About which one's best, I think it's a bit of a toss-up. TLA can't beat the charm of the first game (and I like that cast better), but some of TLA's scenarios and story beats are more memorable, and the game feels even more "16-bit JRPG" than its predecessor. Can't go wrong with either one, really.

Be sure to get all djinn and beat the secret boss in the original before you password-transfer your progress to the sequel.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Super Mario ODYSSEY.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

gcunit

@MarcelRguez I see. Thanks for the explanation. Doesn't seem all that 'balanced' for it to work like that, but now at least I finally know I'm not as naturally gifted at Splatoon as I thought

NSO subscription for £5 per year - join my NSO family group now

3 spaces left.

Email me at [email protected] and notify me here. Then I'll send the invite. Payment via PayPal.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

roy130390

@MarcelRguez The first entry is one of the few classic RPG that I completed 100%. I'm still surprised about how such a vast game was on the GBA and it's still one of my favourites to this day. I was never able to play the second and third one though, and for some reason everytime I planned playing them on my computer I always ended up doing something else. Probably because I'm not much of a PC gamer (even with a controller) and prefer consoles and handhelds.

@Tyranexx Enjoy it mate! I was never able to play the sequels but the first one was truly amazing.

Right now I'm still playing Monster Hunter Stories, trying to get everything to 100% completion while I wait for my copy of FE Warriors (which definitely has to arrive tomorrow). I finished all the new places and bosses added in post-game content and I'm enjoying PVP quite a lot. Every week or two new dlc arrives (new monsters, armor and tournaments) so it always feels like I have something to do and I'm having a blast experimenting with monsters and their elements. I have FF15, Skyrim and Dying Light too, but while I'm definitely enjoying those I just can't seem to put this game down.

Edited on by roy130390

roy130390

MarcelRguez

@gcunit No problem. And yeah, it's a bit of a bummer when you realize that haha.

@roy130390 Agree wholeheartedly, even if it's not my favorite JRPG on the system (that would be Mother 3). The main issue I have with these classic-style JRPGs is that most of them feel very generic and adhere to DQ's/FF's template a bit too much. Golden Sun does a well, but it brings enough new stuff to the table to have its own personality. Great games for sure.

MarcelRguez

Anti-Matter

Super Mario Odyssey, again.
I had reached Luncheon Kingdom.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Bunkerneath

The disturbing Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+, just can't stop playing it

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat

gcunit

@MarcelRguez But then what I don't get is, if using the default weapon achieves the best coverage and gets you the most experience points, why do people use anything else - where's the incentive?

NSO subscription for £5 per year - join my NSO family group now

3 spaces left.

Email me at [email protected] and notify me here. Then I'll send the invite. Payment via PayPal.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MarcelRguez

@gcunit Same reason why people pick support roles in other games. Either it suits their playstyle better, or that mode, or their team. Reusing the example of the charger, there are entire games that we shouldn't have won if it were by our skill level alone, but just because we had a really good charger on our team, it cleared the way for the rest of us to press on. In the end, even if you cover the most turf on your team, it"s not much use if you lose.

Another example: in ranked, there's a mode called Splat Zones in which your team needs to keep a certain area of the map covered on your ink for a certain amount of time in order to win. When I was starting, I brought a blaster to that mode, because most novices tend to make the mistake of staying within the splat zone, which means it was easier to stay out of their range and bazooka them from afar.

That said, the game is not perfectly balanced by any means, and one reason why it isn't is the maps themselves. There are maps to which I don't bring a roller, for example, because I'd just be cannon fodder for longer-ranged weapons. There's lots of variables to it all, and part of the game is learning multiple weapons, knowing what works and what doesn't on each map and making sure you fit your role correctly.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

RancidVomit86

Been playing a lot of Killing Floor 2. It's just all out chaotic fun.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Ralizah

GoNNER (still trying to beat second boss room in my runs) and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (after spending days cleaning up various side quests, I think I'm going to focus on progressing the story for a while). I also plan on starting a game on PC or PS4 tonight. Oxenfree, Yakuza 0, Doki Doki Literature Club... something along those lines.

Oh, and it won't be long before I'm the proud owner of a digital copy of Mighty Gunvolt Burst.

So, as usual, bouncing from game to game in rapid succession like some sort of maniac.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

EdFairway

Majora's Mask 3D. Bizarre and darker than any other Zelda

Edited on by EdFairway

Based on the wisdom of Carlin: "You're born into this world with a ticket to the show. When you get an internet connection, you have a front row seat"

RancidVomit86

@Ralizah It must be Yakuza 0

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

CanisWolfred

Started Tekken 7 up again, at the expense of Bloodborne (thank God I just ordered a new hard drive with an an Amazon card I got for Christmas). It's definitely a fun fighting game with a fantastic cast of characters and a bonkers story. While I question Namco Bandai's decision to make the online component a turn-based RPG, it certainly adds to the variety!

I also popped in Digimon Story: Cybersleuths, since it barely takes up any storage space, and the sequel is coming out soon...I really want it. I might have to wait until March before I can get it, unless some day-one bologne gets pulled...I always fall for that...

EDIT: Looks like I'm getting extra Bologna with my Irony Sandwich...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000

I've been playing Breath of the Wild the past week, and I think mentioning it in the Breath of the Wild thread finally killed the Breath of the Wild thread. Which is impressive, in a way.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Luna_110

I'm playing Odyssey now, and I just finished the Lake Kingdom (already finished the Wooded Kingdom). I like finding all purple coins and possible moons before moving on, and its a joy. I like that they give you the option of finding them with the hint toad and the amiibo machine, so I explore all I like and use the hints for the more hidden ones.

It's been a long time since I've had a smile of pure, utter joy when playing a game.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

RR529

Just hit my first major wall in XC2.

It's in Chapter 7, There's a Miasma Barrier, and in order to get past it you need to have lvl 5 Dark Mastery (and lvl 3 Ancient Wisdom), but I haven't been using any Dark type blades. Suprised they made the requirement so high, since, at least up until this point, you haven't been given any Dark type blades through the main story. You just have to hope you've summoned some.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic