Forums

Topic: What Game are YOU currently playing?

Posts 3,521 to 3,528 of 3,528

Tasuki

Right now too many lol

PS4: CoD: WWII, MLB: The Show 17
Switch: Super Mario Odyssey, Golf Story
SNES Classic: Super Mario RPG

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ralizah

Still working on SOMA, but I've also started Bastion. It feels like a game that was designed for a portable console, what with the numerous bite-sized levels you explore throughout the game. I had to remap a few commands thanks to how unused to PC gaming my hands have gotten lately: I love the mouse aiming, but using the keyboard to move and utilize various commands just kills me. Maybe I should get back to learning that Steam controller?

Well, whatever. Bastion is a real looker and has a consistent, stylish vocal narration throughout, but the initial charm of the presentation wears off quickly, and you're left with a decent, twin-stick-style action game.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

RR529

Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero (Switch) - My first official Switch game!

It's been fun so far. It looks absolutely stunning, I've enjoyed the humor thus far as well, and the gameplay, while familiar, holds up.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

sillygostly

I'm mainly playing DOOM and Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation. I might play a bit of Ultra Moon and Super Mario Odyssey when I feel like breaking the monotony.

sillygostly

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

Ralizah

Started two games recently: The Mummy Demastered and Valkyria Chronicles Remastered.

TMD seems like an enjoyable but perfectly ordinary Metroidvania so far. Doesn't feel like it has much in the way of its own identity. Not much to say about it.

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, though! What a beautiful and fun game! The permadeath and tactical action favorably reminds me of Fire Emblem at its peak (of course, with the wonderful mix of real-time and turn-based strategy gameplay that gives the game a unique identity as well). Love how all of the soldiers are unique people with their own identities and voice actors. Love the fantasy twist on a traditional WW2 setting. And especially love the gorgeous art style.

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Tyranexx

I'm still playing through Wind Waker HD. I'm assuming I'm halfway through the game at this point since I just obtained the Master Sword from the suspended Hyrule Castle. I must say, the stained glass portraits of the sages in that chamber hit me right in the OoT nostalgia.... I'd probably be a lot farther along story-wise if I hadn't already wasted so much time exploring every inch of the Great Sea that I can. XD As is, I'm about to go off and rescue my sister!

In the handheld department, I just (finally) started the first Yo-Kai Watch this week. The graphics and 3D effects are pretty neat, the writing is clever and brings a smile to my face, and I like how the game isn't afraid to present real-world issues to the player. The only things I have trouble getting behind are both the battle system (though this is partially because I'm used to babying my touch screen) and how random Yo-Kai recruitment can be (something I came into the game expecting).

Video Corner: Welcome Back to Termina
Currently playing: Yo-Kai Watch

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

kkslider5552000

I've been playing Asura's Wrath and have already finished Act 2. It is AFAIK the only straight up QTE game I've really played, at least for any real amount of time. It's clearly a very good one, and is exactly the type of over-the-top anime nonsense I want.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

matiasu

When the living room TV is available: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)
Otherwise: Etrian Odyssey III (DS)

Gamer since 1983!
3DS Friend code: 3136-7297-6077

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic