Forums

Topic: What Game are YOU currently playing?

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 3,525

AlternateButtons

Stardew Valley is consuming my life. I'd love to play other titles but this will probably be my only title until Mario Odyssey comes out. It's so freaking good.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

gcunit

Had a little Wii session tonight. Continuing my save file of Super Mario Galaxy that must be nearly ten years old. Did a great level with gravity switching all over the place, culminating in a great scrap with Bowser.

I've probably not done that game justice in the past - out truly is a wonder. The world needs a Galaxy 3 in HD.

Also gave Wario Land: The Shake Dimension its first outing. It looks better than I was expecting - gorgeous! And the sound and soundtrack in the intro level have got me very excited about this game. Delicious. Hope the gameplay stands up all the way through.

Edited on by gcunit

I've just held an Ignored Users amnesty on my account. 20+ users are back in the game with an extra life - make it count :)

Currently playing: Rocket League - Chess Ultra - Super Mario Odyssey - FIFA 18

SW-3124-5612-5724

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

kkslider5552000

gcunit wrote:

Also gave Wario Land: The Shake Dimension its first outing. It looks better than I was expecting - gorgeous! And the sound and soundtrack in the intro level have got me very excited about this game. Delicious. Hope the gameplay stands up all the way through.

Wario Land is one of those games that's frustrating to 100% but is otherwise very solid.

It was also made by the Kirby's Epic Yarn people, which explains why the aesthetic is great. And I adore the aesthetic of this game, it's the first time playing a video game made me feel like I was playing a cartoon, it was mind blowing for a 2008 Wii game. I actually think this is better than either of their Yarn games tbh.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Tyranexx

I'm still working my way through some of Pokemon Sun's post-game, more specifically the Ultra Beast quest line. I've taken a temporary break from that to tie up other post-game loose ends; I still need to get to the Battle Tree, start the Eeveelution quest line, start some other post-game events, catch/train/trade for some Pokemon, etc. I can see why some complain about the post-game (or lack thereof) in Sun/Moon, but I'll be kept busy for at least a little while longer with leveling up my team/boxed Pokemon.

I also booted up Metroid Prime Trilogy this evening and started on the third and final game in the collection, Corruption. The game was clearly built for the Wii originally. It's quite touch/pointer reliant with some bits already; I don't mind the controls in the ship, but I will admit that some of the Wiimote actions seem a little gimmicky when compared with some of the controls of the first two games.

Weird pointer controls aside, this game is clearly more cinematic and dialogue-heavy, something I don't mind. It contains a lot of familiar aspects as well from the previous entries. I didn't play for long and stopped on Norion, but I'm curious to see what else happens in the game.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: Welcome Back to Termina
Currently playing: Wind Waker HD, Shining Force: Sword of Hajya (3DS VC/GG)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Ralizah

I was playing Machinarium on my Vita. Very pretty, and the music is lovely, but the puzzles are frustrating and, thanks to a game breaking bug in one of the puzzles, I'm unable to progress (only kept one save file, for some reason). So, my time with the game is over.

Oh, and this game helped to renew my hatred of the back touchscreen. SO annoying.

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Jhena

I enjoyed the new story of seasons for a couple of days but its not as good as older entries like animal parade and not even close to rune factory frontier. Ive played long enough for the annoying stuff to get really annoying. I dont like the idea of three towns especially since theyre totally different. It just doesnt feel right having them so close by. Generally the world doesnt feel harmonious. Stamina depletion rate is ridiculous. Mining feels too important with too much rng. Delivering stuff and the rest of the mini jobs is also annoying and time consuming. Just let me do my farming stuff. I dont like the bachelorettes in this game. The best choice being male is speaking for itself. The music is very bland. Now that im writing this all down im actually amazed that i had fun for so many days.^^

Personnaly i feel like the series is getting too big and needlessly complex to enjoy it truly.

Slow and steady wins the race, baby.

Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Ralizah

Freedom Planet: Three levels in so far. The gameplay strikes me as being very Sonic the Hedgehog-esque, but with just a little bit of Ristar mixed in there. The visual presentation is lovely, and it looks like one of the nicer 2D games on the Sega Saturn. The physics need a bit of work, though: the characters don't need to build up momentum at all when they're going up walls or around in loops, which feels very weird if you've played an actual Sonic game. The controls are also a little floaty, and the levels are too long, imo. The worst thing about it, by far, is the audio balancing, though. The voice acting is often very quiet and drowned out by the background music.. Still, it's a cute little game so far. It could just do with some more polish.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: Still making good progress in this. Despite my complaints about it, I'm really enjoying the game. Although I don't foresee myself completing it before next year, so Xenoblade 2 will have to wait.

Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2: About as fun as the first one. And, even at the beginning, it can still be tricky. Can't wait for some of the more challenging operations!

Jhena

Played a few days in stardew valley. I think i shouldnt have bought story of seasons. Stardew valley just feels right and i dont have to run 3 times a day to the restaurant to get things done.

Tyranexx

@Ralizah: I'm curious about how long you've been playing XCX? I'm considering starting the game this winter at some point. I've been skimming the XCX thread on and off but haven't really chimed in much.

CheezIt

I'm hopelessly addicted to Levels +

Profanity is the product of an unsophisticated mind.

Ralizah

@Tyranexx 27 hours now.

Two recommendations:
1) Read the digital manual. Seriously. The game is hugely complex and doesn't offer a whole lot in the way of tutorials.

2) Don't overwhelm yourself by trying to understand and manipulate everything at once. Just play the game and have fun. Learn how to do things gradually.

I've barely even just started scratching the surface of this game. I'm finally at the point where I'm not feeling overwhelmed by it, actually.

Tyranexx

@Ralizah: 1. Ironically I usually at least skim through the manuals of full-on retail games. I'll definitely be giving that a good look since you're reinforcing my idea that the game's mechanics take some learning/getting used to.

2. Sound advice here as well, thanks!

Caldorosso-E

Playing Deus Ex with the GMDX mod. Holy Asimov, this is good stuff! I enjoy Metal Gear Solid, so it's fun to creep around as I pick apart the levels like a puzzle box.

It helps the story and music are also killer.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

kkslider5552000

I think I might be at 80 hours for Xenoblade X.

Now to be fair, some of that time was me distracted or looking something up or wondering around town seeing if I can get those yellow messages (srsly, terrible idea, just use a guide for Heart to Hearts or whatever). But still...80 hours. Honestly, I'm gonna stop playing again if I don't at least finish Chapter 10 in the next week because...I still have my unopened copy of BOTW. I need to end this madness that has consumed my life.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Jhena

Played 11 chapters of fire emblem warriors. I think the game itself is a little bit better than hyrule warriors but damn the cast is terrible. The blandest characters and catering to the waifuz crowd the animuh industry has to offer. The overacting of the english voiceover is actually more true to the characters than the japanese one. Luckily it doesnt really matter in a game about smashing hordes of enemies. Its still fun for a few rounds.

mowerdude

Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection Uncharted 2 Among Theives
Going to playthrough Resident Evil 4 Again for Halloween
Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U online only mostly battle mode

mowerdude

Oat

Recently completed Samus returns (I'd give it about a 7 out of 10. It's good but undeserving of all the praise it's been getting imo. )

I'm playing through Culdcept Revolt and it's a blast. I'm taking a break today because I got kinda mad at the game. Matches can take upwards of 30min and I lost a particularly tough battle against the ai 35 min in. The computer cheezed me and snatched a win away from me n around 30s despite the fact that I was outplaying it for about half an hour. Pretty rage inducing

So zetta slow!
3DS Friend code : 0662-8265-1183
NNID: CaptainCharacter

3DS Friend Code: 0662-8265-1183 | My Nintendo: Oat | Nintendo Network ID: CaptainCharacter

Chalupa

Well I have decided to go on an Odyssey today!

Trust in yourself
https://vid.me/Chalupa
https://mastodon.social/@Chalupa

Venusian

Mario Kart 8! Can't wait for Odyssey. ( ˘ ³˘)❤

♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ) FRIEND CODE: SW-1695-9394-8595 (✿ ♥‿♥)

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic