Forums

Topic: What Game are YOU currently playing?

Posts 3,361 to 3,380 of 3,525

kkslider5552000

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Which is why I'm kind of concerned about Fire Emblem Warriors, it seems to be much less content heavy than Hyrule Warriors and its 3DS enhanced port from what we've seen so far.

Even if that's true, if we're going by "hours played in a single player game" that describes nearly everyone's favorite games as well.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

CanisWolfred

Tyranexx wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I dunno man, it would only take you a couple...hundred hours.

Before they updated it. Which they did. Repeatedly.

So I noticed. XD My system spent roughly half an hour downloading the updates before I could even launch the game (disk version). I'm afraid the game would become quite repetitive before I maxed out each character, and I'm not exactly willing to invest that many hours when I have so many other games to play.

Yeah, I don't think I could handle that either...which is why I haven't played it yet...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

ogo79

getting ready to start everyones favorite game in the franchise...devil may cry 2 hd on ps3

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

I-U

Have taken my focus off of Splatoon 2 and ARMS for the last week or so to run through Hey! Pikmin. I'm at the game's final sector, I think, and the game has been fun throughout. It's giving me Pikmin 2 vibes as opposed to the feeling I had with Pikmin and Pikmin 3, more relaxed and more lore heavy. Would have liked more stressful encounters within the game than I've had so far, but I still enjoy how relaxed the game has been and the creativity that got brought forth in Hey! Pikmin transitioning out of the series' 3D adventures to 2D. The game makes me want to give Pikmin 3 another shot, which I might try and pick back up on once I finish.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

Shellcore

@roy130390 Yes. I'm enjoying it. The Spy missions are also surprisingly great. I am playing on PS4.

roy130390

@Shellcore Nice! In case you need a clan you can join mine. It's a little one since I have only invited friends instead of random people, but I have most of the gear available so that you can make warframes and weapons a bit more easy. Also, having a small clans makes "clan missions" more succesful, since it demands less from us and it's easier to see that everyone collaborates in order to complete them.

Edited on by roy130390

roy130390

BanjoPickles

Strikers 1945 (insanely fun game!), Splatoon 2, and replaying Breath of the Wild (I beat it for Wii U, but I sold my Wii U to buy a Switch, so I bought the game again). That should keep me busy until September 29th (SNES Classic), which should keep me busy until October 27th (Mario Odyssey).

BanjoPickles

Anti-Matter

Miitopia....again.

Now, i'm in Mission to get Vampire job.
Very tough mission.

Anti-Matter

6ch6ris6

not much

Project Cars on PC
Pacman 256 on PC
Solitaire on my phone

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Steam: ACAB or 6ch6ris6
waiting for a pricedrop on switch

Ralizah

Went back to Dragon Quest VIII on 3DS. Still the same: terrible dungeon design, bog-standard combat system, almost nothing in the way of character development and complexity, and the plot... is barely even a thing. With all that said, the photo challenges are fun, and there is something about the bright colors and Toriyama character designs that keep me from dropping it entirely. Also, funny British dialogue. This annoyed me in Xenoblade, but it meshes well with the cartoonish universe on display here.

Hardly a masterpiece so far. It seems like every time I play some acclaimed JRPG I come away at least somewhat disappointed in the end.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Jhena

Still playing fifa 17. Playing the game while listening to music is really enjoyable. Good game.

Slow and steady wins the race, baby.

Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

CanisWolfred

@Ralizah Yeah, I've noticed that. I dunno, have you played any other Dragon Quest game, like 6 or 7? Or even 9? In comparison, it has much more defined and interesting characters and way better pacing to its story. It was the peak of the series, IMO: It was a pleasant adventure with likeable characters, a large, explorable overworld (remember, that was sort of going away back on the PS2, and even PS3). Then again, I still have trouble comprehending your problems with Xenoblade, so I dunno what else to tell you...stop taking praise at face value and compare what the stated strengths of certain games are to your personal values when it comes to RPGs? That's all I got.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yeah, I've noticed that. I dunno, have you played any other Dragon Quest game, like 6 or 7? Or even 9?

Nope. This and the original DQ.

CanisWolfred wrote:

Then again, I still have trouble comprehending your problems with Xenoblade, so I dunno what else to tell you...stop taking praise at face value and compare what the stated strengths of certain games are to your personal values when it comes to RPGs? That's all I got.

It's hardly like I seek out critically acclaimed games, or that I just take praise at face value (I mean, I did with Bloodborne, but at that point I hadn't played Dark Souls so I had no idea whether it was something I would like or not). It's just a thing I've tended to notice: the JRPGs people rave about are the ones I often end up disappointed by.

I don't really have a problem with DQVIII being such a resolutely traditional JRPG, but it's like the game just stops there. A lot of old FF games are fairly traditional in the way they're set up, except that they have something that distinguishes each of them. FFIV has a protagonist who is forced to contend with and redeem himself for evil actions he took in the past. FFV had a really innovative jobs system. FFVI, of course, has an amazing story and one of the most memorable villains of all time. In comparison, DQ just feels like it's phoning it in.

Then again, I'm still playing, so it can't be all that bad.

Another possibility is that Atlus and SMT have ruined me for other JRPGs. EO games did something similar for me with most dungeon crawlers (aside from Legend of Grimrock, at least).

Edited on by Ralizah

TossedLlama

randomly saw the topic so randomly posting
I'm playing Tales of Symphonia on the cube. Got it and completed when it first came out. Going thru it again is an absolute joy.

-Rob C!

3DS Friend Code: 2251-4515-7129 | Nintendo Network ID: SW-5041-9975-8313

CanisWolfred

@Ralizah Well, to be fair, Dragon Quest is the game every other JRPG was inspired by. It "differentiates" itself by holding to its traditions. Just something to think about, since at no point will it ever "go beyond" what's expected of the genre, no real twists or wrinkles to the formula. Yet, personally, I also don't think that's a bad thing. It's more like Pokemon, where it just has to further refine that formula, rather than try to break away or reinvent it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred I don't necessarily accept the soundness of that reasoning in and of itself (games can evolve in significant ways without changing what they're fundamentally like), but I do think you're right that, with regard to DQ, it's probably pointless to discuss it. You either like the core experience or you don't, and they don't attempt to innovate much on what has already been established.

I probably just need to alter my expectations about what the experience will be like, and I'll be satisfied with it. The series is still selling a million+ copies at launch, so they must be doing something right.

If nothing else, at least DQ is immune from the sort of radical experimentation that created abominations like FFXIII and XV.

Anti-Matter

Still same like yesterday, Miitopia... again and again.

Yay...!
I got Vampire job.
Now, I 'm busy to level up my Miis with job class Vampire (I gave to myself and my Mii Pluto to become Vampire).
Still levelling up my teams by send them on Lumos City, the place with Very Tough Enemies.

Anti-Matter

RR529

This discussion has made me realize that I need to get back to DQVIII (already beat the story, just stopped at a point in the post-game). Also need to finish up Little Battlers Experience before Samus Returns releases.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

rudyseidl

Ocarina on 3DS.
(yeah, I'm a little backlogged). ha.

rudyseidl

Tyranexx

rudyseidl wrote:

Ocarina on 3DS.
(yeah, I'm a little backlogged). ha.

Don't feel bad; I still need to go back and beat the Master Quest side.

@CanisWolfred: I've noticed you've been hanging around again for a little while. Welcome back!

Video Corner: Welcome Back to Termina
Currently playing: Wind Waker HD, Shining Force: Sword of Hajya (3DS VC/GG)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic