Forums

Topic: What Game are YOU currently playing?

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 3,525

Anti-Matter

Miitopia 3DS last night ( 8 hours ago)
Now, i'm on World 3, the Elf World.

Anti-Matter

Ragingrave

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne on hard. Already at the last dungeon and I'm locked into TDE (True Demon Ending). But before I deal with the last remaining bosses, I need to finish the boss rush mode in record time in order to get a special gift for my 2nd playthrough of the game, so I can do a solo run. Current Demi-Fiend level 75, build: World of Strength.

Edited on by Ragingrave

Ragingrave

Oat

Currently playing DQ VIII: Journey of the Cursed King as well as playing the N64 version of Super Mario 64 for the first time (great game, HORRIBLE camera, Mario is a bit slippery compared to later 3d mario titles).

Lastly, I'm also replaying Super Mario 3D land

So zetta slow!
3DS Friend code : 0662-8265-1183
NNID: CaptainCharacter

3DS Friend Code: 0662-8265-1183 | My Nintendo: Oat | Nintendo Network ID: CaptainCharacter

NaviAndMii

I recently treated myself to Overcooked and Death Squared - two excellent couch co-op games that find fun in failure

Death Squared is a really fun game - a mix of tricky little puzzles, humourous narration and constant hilarious death cycles...Snipperclips meets Portal meets Super Meat Boy - highly recommended!

Overcooked is, if anything, even better - a chaotic-yet-charming co-op game where constant, effective communication is the key to success Think Hell's Kitchen in gaming form - it's impressive when teamwork comes together but, when the wheels fall off and **** hits the fan, it's absolutely hilarious!

Both are very accessible games, with simple controls suited to even the most casual of gamers - and the pick-up-and-play nature of both titles means that they are both perfect for on-the-go play (no split-screen either, so tabletop co-op works great!) ..both can be played in single player - but it'd be pretty sad to play a co-op game by yourself, so I wouldn't recommend either to gamers who prefer to fly solo!

If you're looking to add a couch co-op game to your library though - even just to have as an option - I wouldn't look much further than Overcooked! It has all the charm of Snipperclips, but with added layers of complexity that'll leave you feeling very satisfied when it all comes together - and leave you rolling on the floor laughing when things don't quite go to plan! I can't say that any of the reported (soon to be patched) performance issues really affected our enjoyment of the game - the only slight frustration that we encountered was when the game locked us out of later levels, forcing us to return to previous levels first to get slightly better scores...it didn't stop us from having fun, but it did feel like an unnecessary barrier nonetheless. All in all though, I'd say its THE best casual couch co-op game on the Switch so far

Death Squared: 8/10
Overcooked! Special Edition: 9/10

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 Switch 🎮

Currently Playing (Online):

PS4: GT Sport (DR: D, SR: S)

Switch: Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 46, RM: A-, SZ: B+, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCat★

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

Ralizah

@Oat Yes, the camera is horrible, and Mario controls like he's covered in vaseline or something. I have no idea how people can enjoy SM64.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

CanisWolfred

Currently playing Neutopia, and I'm looking for the second dungeon. For a Zelda knockoff, I'm surprised how often it goes out of its way to address the original LoZ's most criticized flaws. Certainly been much better than I expected.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

matiasu

@Ragingrave Awesome game. I would give it 10/10.

Gamer since 1983!
3DS Friend code: 3136-7297-6077

matiasu

Just Etrian Odyssey Untold! And it feels great

Gamer since 1983!
3DS Friend code: 3136-7297-6077

gcunit

Looks like Metroid Prime is a bigger game than I thought - I put in 2.5hrs last night, making reasonable progress for a first run (just reached the Research area in Phendrana Drift), but my completion percentage only went up by 1%.

Edited on by gcunit

I've just held an Ignored Users amnesty on my account. 20+ users are back in the game with an extra life - make it count :)

Currently playing: Rocket League - Chess Ultra - Super Mario Odyssey - FIFA 18

SW-3124-5612-5724

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

Ralizah

@gcunit I'm guessing a large chunk of the completion percentage is dependent on the scanning function, then, because it's not a hugely long game or anything.

Edited on by Ralizah

kkslider5552000

IIRC, completion percentage has little to nothing to do with "story progress". I forget if it's scans, or items or both though.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

otterskateboard

Finally got into Paper Mario Colour Splash.
I got it at launch but got distracted almost immediately after starting. It's an absolute joy to play with beautiful visuals and genuinely funny writing. Combat can get a little samey at times but the urge to see what bizarre environment or situation you'll end up in next keeps the game fun to work your way through.

Also Huey is probably Nintendo's best go at the "pseudo-tutorial friendly helper sidekick" schtick.
He's actually pretty fun to have around

Jhena

@otterskateboard Yes for everything you wrote.

Played some levels rise of the tomb raider. Its not that much different from the last game if i remember correctly and pretty mediocre like uncharted 1-3. Havent played the fourth yet. Gameplay feels a little bit more fun than uncharted but so far it clearly lacks charisma. Not really in the mood to keep playing it. After a long time i started meditating again and felt more joy than playing this. I think its sad that sitting with closed eyes feels better than playing a game. At times like these i feel stupid for existing.

Or maybe playing in tombs just aint my thing^^

Slow and steady wins the race, baby.

Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

IIRC, completion percentage has little to nothing to do with "story progress". I forget if it's scans, or items or both though.

Both.

matiasu wrote:

Just Etrian Odyssey Untold! And it feels great

Are you playing the story mode? I'm only asking because I gave up on that and stuck to the classic mode after trying the demo, and now I'm wondering if there might have been anything that might've made it worth putting up with those irritating characters and yet-another-amnesia plot?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred Well, you unlock the highlander and gunner classes for use in Classic mode when you finish the story mode.

Not worth it, imo. Pre-established characters and intrusive story-related sequences go against the unique identity EO established for itself over the years.

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

@CanisWolfred Well, you unlock the highlander and gunner classes for use in Classic mode when you finish the story mode.

Not worth it, imo. Pre-established characters and intrusive story-related sequences go against the unique identity EO established for itself over the years.

I would be perfectly fine with it if the established characters were likeable and the story seemed interesting, at least, since they give the option for both story and classic modes. But I was immediately put off by the characters, and the story started with enough by-the-numbers tropes that I don't think I'd really bother with it, especially since I think you can only have one save, regardless of which mode you're playing...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Anti-Matter

Miitopia 3DS.
I defeated Dark Lord last night and now the Great Sage possessed by Evil Spirit and became Darker Lord.
Still levelling up my 10 members, looking for Vampire Job.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred Yeah, you only have one save file in The Millennium Girl.

You might want to try EO Untold 2. From what I've played of it, the characters are more likable (if still tropey), and it has 8 save files.

Edited on by Ralizah

GrailUK

Just completed Shovel Knight. I was going start playing through Blaster Master Zero, but I just can't get in to it. The controls are far too floaty and loose for my liking

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic