General Discussion Forum

Topic: What Game are YOU currently playing?

Showing 1,781 to 1,800 of 1,919

AuthorMessage

Megajack

1,781. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

mega wrote:

All this Donkey Kong Country talk is making me want to retry it now. I never really liked it either... felt like a watered down version of Mario to me.

To me it feels more like a Super Mario World that's less obtuse and frustrating. Still nowhere near my favorite platformer, but it is enjoyable. I just think I'd like it more if I could save after a level. Actually, that's my qualm with a lot of Super Nintendo games before they went portable...

Super Mario World wasn't actually that frustrating to me... :p

And I hear ya. Not being able to save whenever you want is a huge pain.

Applejack is best pony.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage

BearHunger

1,782. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Still not as bad as Crash Bandicoot though, where you can only save in bonus stages, that is if you actually make it to the end of the bonus stage (as they get progressively more difficult as the game goes on).

Moreover, the game lets you save after you collect a gem or key. It only saves the fact that you earned the collectable, though, not that you cleared the level. So if you quit and then resume, you'll have to go through the level again even if you already have its gem. :| I kind of like the game's evil save system, in a masochistic sort of way. :D

Anyway, I'm currently playing the PS2 game Shinobi, downloaded from the PlayStation Store. So far, the controls are tight and the game runs about as smooth as Hotsuma's flowing red scarf.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,783. Posted:

I've been playing Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Weapon Shop de Omasse.
Next I'd like to find some time to get started on Inazuma Eleven.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

1,784. Posted:

Playing Metal Slug 7.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,785. Posted:

Putting Donkey Kong Country on hold until I see whether or not I can get a copy of the GBA version.

Util then, I'm playing Dustforce (Vita), and today I also played the trials of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie on XBLA. Dustforce is incredibly fun, but mad hard. It's gonna take me a while to get it down, but luckily it has tons of levels unlocked at the onset.

As for Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, I got the urge to give them another shot, and I'm glad I did, they were much more fun this time. Kazooie still has its little annoyances, and I can see why I didn't like it before - I honestly spent most of my time in the overworld, and when I finally got to the level, I probably picked up two Jiggies straight away and got forced out of the demo before I really got a feel for the game plays. This time though, I made sure to go straight for the level, avoided the jiggies and explored the level in its entirety. Now the game seems as big and creative and secret-filled as people always told me it was. And that was only the first level. So long as it doesn't pull a Super Mario 64 and make the last few levels maddeningly difficult to the point where I almost don't want to finish the game out of spite, I think we might have something here.

All that said, though, Banjo-Tooie is by far the better game, even right from the getgo. It's not even a question. The game is less childish and whimsical, and the story and humor are better because of it. The slightly darker turn actually make it feel like a game that can more appeal to all ages (it's tough to say, but Kazooie comes off as a game that's just following the "How to appeal to kids guidebook"), and it blatantly threw out the shticks that I personally thought didn't work in Kazooie (though they left in the annoying "random sounds to make up for the lack of voice acting" thing in there...). Gameplay-wise the levels feel even more creative, complex, and well designed, and the new powers seem really useful (Thankfully they didn't go the Metroid route where they take all your previous powers away just to get them back later). It also fixes nealy every one of those little annoyances I had with the previous game, like having to collect hundreds of Notes/eggs/etc. one at a time(now you collect bunches as one item)). Mostly though, it just seems like it cranked the charm meter up to 11. It's hard to explain from what basically amounts to 30 minutes of play, but I'm sure all you guys who played it already know what I'm talking about anyways. Actually, I sort of regret playing the Tooie demo, since now it might be tough going back to Kazooie.

Phewph...and yeah, all that text for just one level per game. Imma go buy them now.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

1,786. Posted:

Alot of Tropical Freeze.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,787. Posted:

PS4: Strider and Lego Marvel
Xbox 360: Double Dragon Neon

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

afro_insomniac

1,788. Posted:

LoZ: Twilight Princess (GC)
Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
Wind Waker HD (Wii U)

Edited on by afro_insomniac

afro_insomniac

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,789. Posted:

Got in over 2 hours with the full version of Banjo-Kazooie. Completed the first two levels, though I was stumped twice in the Treasure Trove Cove and had to look stuff up on the internet. I never thought being able to poop out an egg would come in handy...nor does it seem logical that it would clog up a leaky bucket...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,790. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
I really should get back to playing Banjo Kazooie. I stopped at Gobi Desert after my save screwed up :P

By the way, I have a copy of Donkey Kong Country for the GBA if you're interested.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,791. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

@CanisWolfred
I really should get back to playing Banjo Kazooie. I stopped at Gobi Desert after my save screwed up :P

By the way, I have a copy of Donkey Kong Country for the GBA if you're interested.

How much you looking to get for it?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,792. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

@CanisWolfred

I'd be willing to trade it, otherwise twelve dollars.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,793. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

@CanisWolfred

I'd be willing to trade it, otherwise twelve dollars.

$12 sounds fair so long as it's Paypal. I'll PM you on Backloggery so we can exchange the details.

Also: Completed the Sewer level in Banjo-Kazooie. That level was a nightmare, but at least it's over with.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

1,794. Posted:

Playing KoF 2002 (this is the game that made me into a KoF fan). Is such a shame 2002UM wasn't release outside of Japan. :(

Edited on by ShadowFox254

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

ravens326

1,795. Posted:

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

http://www.youtube.com/ravens32681

3DS Friend Code: 0946-2231-6524

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

1,796. Posted:

was playing Pokémon Y
not playing anything right now

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,797. Posted:

Completed the Swamp Level in Banjo-Kazooie. That's 4 down.

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Playing KoF 2002 (this is the game that made me into a KoF fan). Is such a shame 2002UM wasn't release outside of Japan. :(

Well...it's on the Xbox 360 via XBLA, but unless you have a fighting Stick, it's not really playable...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,798. Posted:

Desert level complete! Only have one Jiggie left to get on the Ice world, which is some stupid race I don't want to do, and one in the haunted mansion, which is some stupid piano mini game that sucks. So...on to the next level, I guess!

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

brewsky

1,799. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

...which is some stupid piano mini game that sucks. So...on to the next level, I guess!

Do people really have trouble with that? It's the one where you hit the piano keys the disembodied hand plays right? That's so easy!

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,800. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

...which is some stupid piano mini game that sucks. So...on to the next level, I guess!

Do people really have trouble with that? It's the one where you hit the piano keys the disembodied hand plays right? That's so easy!

Yet I've failed it 5 times. Am I supposed to do it after he hits the keys? Before? At the same time? They give you no indication of what you're supposed to do.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it this time. So...on to the next level.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~