General Discussion Forum

Topic: What Game are YOU currently playing?

Showing 161 to 180 of 2,018

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

161. Posted:

Still playing Metal Slug 7....And that's because the final Boss keeps kicking my ! Yargh is Mission 7 challenging. But I wouldn't have it any other way. :p

And after I finish this one up I'm going to take a relaxing break with Cooking mama.lol

Edited on by theblackdragon

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

162. Posted:

Finally beat the game! :D

I really should of tried out the other characters from the beginning instead of just playing as Metal Slug's main character Marco the entire time. Ralph on the other hand has some crazy insane fist action going on 'and' he can take up to 2 hits. while Eri imo is hands down the best character to be. Not only does she have a machine gun as her secondary weapon to start out with whenever you die, but she can hold more ammo as well. If it weren't for her I'd still be struggling to beat the game as Marco on Mission 7. But as soon as I picked her I actually managed to take down the final Boss.....Yet with Zero lives remaining. Pretty bloody intense.

Overall, great game! I'm a complete Metal Slug noob though as I've only played through the original, Metal Slug 2 and now this. Metal Slug 2 imo is the best I've played, but the horrible slowdown seriously hampered the experience. And while MS7 is no doubt a blast to play, it's a bit weak on imagination and diversity when stacked up to MS2, which has mummies, cammels with guns, crazy alien creatures, your character can become bloated and fat, the list goes on and on. So while MS7 is pretty basic and bland in this department, it makes up for it in super tight, polished and well crafted gameplay. As for the music, not quite as quirky and memorable as the stuff heard is MS2, but there are some really great tracks in this one, Mission 4 being my favorite. :) I'm still deciding weather i enjoyed Contra II: Super C which I recently played or this more...But I think it's tough to compare playing on the big screen vs a Handheld.

Anyways, overall I'd give Metal Slug 7 an 8/10

As for tonight, before I watch Resident Evil: After Life I'm going to give this little cooking fiesto a little spin. :o

Untitled

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

163. Posted:

Still playing Tales of Vesperia and Dragon Quest IX.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DannyBoyTheDude

164. Posted:

After having finished WW, I think I'm going to resume Wario World. I got halfway through but got annoyed by the ice world and distracted by other things, so I stopped. It's an okay game so far, I enjoy the beat 'em up aspects of the gameplay, and I've collected every single treasure so far. It's fairly short, so I'll probably beat (and/or complete) it today or tomorrow. My NES/SNES/Genesis/N64 to GC adapter came in the mail today so I may finish it with an N64 controller. :P

Edited on by DannyBoyTheDude

Megaloggery

AuthorMessage

Token_Girl

165. Posted:

LoZ:ALttP on Wii. Pokemon SS on DS. Plus the occasional shorter DSiWare/iPhone/VC games here and there.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage

DannyBoyTheDude

166. Posted:

Just got Phoenix Wright today in the mail. I plan on beating Wario World, M&L: SS, and PW before moving on.

Megaloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

167. Posted:

Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

168. Posted:

January isn't quite over yet, but for now what games did you finish and beat in order during Christmas December? Post your Gaming monthly Recap and rate them while you're at it! ;)

Decemeber :)
Kirby Super Star Ultra: - 9/10
WarioWare Touched! - 8.5/10
Mega Man - 7/10
Double Dragon - 7/10
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - 9/10

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood was easily the main highlight even besting out the oh so fantastic and incredibly polished Kirby Super Star Ultra. It was such a fantastic experience with one of the greatest gaming soundtracks I've ever heard in freakin' existence, and is now my 2nd favorite Castlevania game slightly beating out III: Dracula's Curse. Yet SCIV however is still my favorite! Nothing can touch that haunted and brooding atmospheric masterpiece muhaha.

Mega Man however had to of been my 'least' favorite of the month. I honestly remember enjoying it alot more when it was fresh and unique on the NES back in the 80's, but if I were to take my psychadelic Nostalgiac Mega shades off I'd soon realise that the original Mega Man is one ugly designed, uncolorful, mechanical and bland looking Mega pooper. Yes it layed down the foundation and building blocks for Mega Man, but it just PALES in comparison to MM2 in every single way imaginable that it's not even funny. But I gotta say, the Robot Selection screen tune along with Bomb man's stage theme still brings out that warm nostlagiac fuzzyness inside me.

But overall it's definitly not one of the Mega Man greats...That would go to 2 and 9 ;)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

169. Posted:

Can I mention the demoes I've been playing? I will anyways:

Arcana: Gothic 4 - boring, tiny font
Armored Core 4 - Kinda crappy
Castlevania Lord of Shadow - enjoyable, but not something I'd run out and buy
DW: Strikeforce - Ugh, less mindless but still annoying. I always forget to block, too
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage - That was EPIC! I gotta get this game now!
Rumble Roses XX - It's actually...a LOT of fun
Ridge Racer 6 - Reminded me why I liked racing games
Vanquished - My G-d that was intense! Still, I suck at it, so I'm not too keen on buying it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

LEGEND_MARIOID

170. Posted:

Just finished with Metroid Other M and selling it on

Wii: DKCR, Epic Mickey, Wii Fit Plus and Wii Party
DS: Super Scribblenauts, Warioware DIY
WiiWare: Hydroventure
VC: Magical Drop 3
DSiWare: Tetris Party Live

Edited on by LEGEND_MARIOID

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

171. Posted:

Ahh Cooking Mama, Cooking Mama. :p
I felt like I had to get this because it was one of those early launch titles that everybody was talking about, and because it was very unique at the time...and I'm glad i did!. So far I've unlocked almost half of the recipes, and I gotta admit the first 15-20 minutes were pretty fun, but after that things get a tad repetitve in ways and it's really not that compelling at all when trying to get all of the Gold coins for each recepie either, considering some of the tasks can be pretty tricky and a tad long depending. But it's still enjoyable nonetheless and will no doubt put a girly smile on your face. lol

And honestly am I the only one hear that feels that Peeling Carrots and potatoes feels a bit finicky? It doesn't work as well as it should, that was the only thing in the game so far that I've experienced hasn't worked too well and comes off feeling broken and frusturating. That aside, it's definitly addiciting that's for sure. I can't see myself being wasting my time and trying to get a Cold Coin on every single recipe, but I definitly have somewhat of an urge to unlock everything else, even if things are already getting a little too familar. I definitly see the appeal though and it IS pretty neat. Overall, the the experience has been pretty enjoyable and pretty fun for what it is. :)

But it's definitly better in short bursts... I was playing it last night for 2 hours and in the back of my head I was thinking..."Instead, right now....I could be slaying down the undead with my belmont whip(if there IS even a whip) in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. But instead I'm chopping up carrots and pealing potatoes.lol" YAY!!! :p

AuthorMessage

SonicMaster

172. Posted:

Custom Robo Arena- I think the fast-paced combat is really fun, and the difficulty level isn't too high. Also didn't realized it was story-based. :P
Ninjatown- Possibly my favorite Strategy game- and I've only beaten one area. The ninjas are like, soooooo cute, and any game with an over 9000 reference is awesome. :D

I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked

AuthorMessage

JonWahlgren

173. Posted:

On DS I'm slowly working my way through Dragon Quest IX, although haven't had much play time with it lately. Hot Pursuit 360 intermittently, and I'm actually really pumped to shoot some dinos in Jurassic: The Hunted PS3 once it arrives from gameFly after having sent back Sonic Colors Wii.

Been playing a lot of GoldenEye online in the past weeks and am strongly thinking about hopping into Red Undead, the most recent L4D2 DLC and another go at No More Heroes 2. And finishing up Epic Yarn at some point.

Actually really been wanting to replay a lot of games from last year lately, wouldn't mind dipping back into TvC, RS2 and MH3.

I made a spreadsheet of all this stuff and it scares me.

Editor At Large
NLFM podcast | Twitter | Thunder Panda!

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter: jonwahlgren

AuthorMessage

BlackShyGuy

174. Posted:

Im playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Nintendo-wise Tales of Symphonia for the cube on my Wii. Lol Ive been playing Symphonia since it came out and on my 17th playthrough. Best game ever.

Wii U MAD?
Currently playing: Tales of Graces, Kid Icarus, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, Resident Evil Revelations, and Kingdom Hearts BBS.
Huge fan of Tales games

AuthorMessage

Raylax

175. Posted:

Dragon Quest IX. Still. Finally bothering to train a Paladin because Atlus completely curbstomped my team. Stupid 400HP criticals grumble grumble

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

176. Posted:

Vanquish on the the Xbox 360. I'm now just past the point the demo was at. This game is very nonsensicle, yet very intense. I like it a lot. It's less gritty and more stylish than most modern shooters, too.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

JonWahlgren

177. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Vanquish on the the Xbox 360. I'm now just past the point the demo was at. This game is very nonsensicle, yet very intense. I like it a lot. It's less gritty and more stylish than most modern shooters, too.

Vanquish is da boooooooooomb. I just finished my third playthrough the other day on PS3. Only one (hidden) trophy away from a platinum, but the conditions have me doubting I'll ever get it.

Editor At Large
NLFM podcast | Twitter | Thunder Panda!

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter: jonwahlgren

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

178. Posted:

Anyone heard of Super Mario Bros. X?

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Hokori

179. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Is that the one where Peach ya know.... "takes off her crown"

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

180. Posted:

Otaku wrote:

JumpMad wrote:

Is that the one where Peach ya know.... "takes off her crown"

faceplam*
No, it a well done PC game, that plays like every Mario game, mix together.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad