General Discussion Forum

Topic: What Game are YOU currently playing?

Showing 121 to 140 of 1,956

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

121. Posted:

Untitled
Contra II: Super C

Actually, I just finished it an hour or so ago. :) Overall it's a solid 'playing it safe' sequal that's a blast from start to finish that offers some pretty crazy challenge at times. I was sweating bullets during the 7th Boss battle.lol Too intense for words! Anyways Super C again is a solid sequal, but doesn't reach the greatness of the original Contra, not to mention the sound track in Super C is pretty dissapointing and for the most part forgettable when stacked up to the brilliant tunes of the original. It also doesn't capture that magic that the original had for some reason, let alone the over the head levels aren't quite as fun as the originals 3D Base areas.

Anyways! Overall I'd give it an 8/10 at the most.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Hokori

122. Posted:

DKCR finally and it is awesome

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Yasume

123. Posted:

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (NDS), Pokémon SoulSilver Version (NDS) and FIFA Street (XBOX).

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

124. Posted:

Ocarina of Time with a certain (N)aviator.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

125. Posted:

Untitled
Splatterhouse
And it's going to be glorious! muhahahaha. :D

EDIT: This just in, after finishing the game I realised what a letdown this game was compared to Splatterhouse 2. :p
I think what put me off the most were the super blurry graphics...Do all Turbo GFX 16 games have the same problem? Anyways, there were two enemies in this game that were unfair when fighting against. And those were the Rick Clones that smashed through mirrors and that 3rd Boss with the chain saw arms. Fighting these two enemies is practically based on luck when getting a hit in. You basically have to button mash your way through these goons by taking hits, which is completely unlike it's sequal which is much more refined and polished. Anyways there's still some fun to be had, but the game was such an eye soar to look at. SH 2 is so much better and the same can even be even said about SH3.

Overall it's still fun here and there, but the blurry ugly visuals, a couple of the cheap enemies, Rick's Red Mask(hehe) and the lack of polish knocks down the score for me. And what's the deal when Rick tries to climb up a latter? He all of the sudden freezes at mid point, and it goes to the next area.....God forbid the developers to actually make him climb all the way up.lol And it's a shame they haven't released the original Arcade version which looks much more impressive graphically, has more gore, the backgrounds look super detailed and awesome, better animation, better SFX, a greater presentation and actually has the game's full Intro. That's the version I wish I would of experienced instead. Also I just found out that you can actually slide with Rick....Yay me. :P Anyways, overall this gave left me feeling a bit bummed out....There's no doubt I'll get the superior Arcade version if it ever is acually relased, but for now this Turbo GFX just isn't up to snuff...

6.5/10

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

GamerZack87

126. Posted:

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, a sequel to two of the best games to ever hit the Nintendo 64...and one of the funnest games on the Game Boy Advance.

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

AuthorMessage

razor10000

127. Posted:

The World Is Not Enough 007 for Nintendo 64. Maybe not as good as GoldenEye 007, but it's still good.
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by razor10000

I'll kill you all with my CAP GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
GoldenEye 007: 2801-9617-6853

AuthorMessage

DavynD

128. Posted:

NintendoPurist wrote:

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, a sequel to two of the best games to ever hit the Nintendo 64...and one of the funnest games on the Game Boy Advance.

Wait, on the Game Boy Advance? But Nuts & Bolts is for the X-Box 360.
Untitled

Unless you meant Grunty's Revenge:
Untitled

As for me, I'm currently enjoying Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, God of War (from the God of War Collection), Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and Borderlands.

"Where are all the Sour Patch Parents?"

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

129. Posted:

Untitled

I'll be giving this one a go in an hour or so, hopefully it will get that semi bad taste that Splatterhouse left out of my mouth.
But I gotta say, when this game arrived in the mail today I was suprised by the fact that SNK went all out on the packaging. It comes with a nice shiny slip cover, and inside you get a Metal Slug 7 poster AND a mini CD, but I have no idea what in the freakin' frilly's it's for. :p Anyways, don't let me down MM7! I had a solid time with MS2 but the slow down kind of crippled the experience.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

Karakato

130. Posted:

To follow up on my current list of games, GoW Collection, RE5, Megaman 9 and Eyepet for my little Sister's Birthday For the PS3; Which in my opinions are great so far, 999 last copy snagged , Megaman Zero collection, and Castlevania OoE on Hard Lv1 all on the DS; And Castlevania AoS for the GBA. Too bad I wont be playing much of the games though... :(

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

131. Posted:

@WaveBoy Metal Slug 7 has no multiplayer and thus is lame. :( I would totally have gotten it if it had a 2P mode.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

132. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

@WaveBoy Metal Slug 7 has no multiplayer and thus is lame. :( I would totally have gotten it if it had a 2P mode.

I could care less about 2 player mode. When it comes to games like this I honestly like to play Solo, which for me makes the experience tougher and a bit more intense. I don't need some bugger hoppin' around and taking my shots. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

133. Posted:

Untitled

Final Fantasy IX ftw! It's my favorite RPG :)

And other games, but mostly this one.

Untitled

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

134. Posted:

Untitled

bezerker99

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

135. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

I could care less about 2 player mode. When it comes to games like these I honestly like to play Solo, which for me makes the experience tougher and a bit more intense. I don't need some bugger hoppin' around and taking my shots. :p

Have you never played a Metal Slug game before? Especially in the arcade. 2P is where it's at.

And I see you've never played Contra 4 with someone else... it's harder and more frustrating than single player for numerous reasons. It's also far more fun... for numerous reasons. :P

× steam

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

136. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

I could care less about 2 player mode. When it comes to games like these I honestly like to play Solo, which for me makes the experience tougher and a bit more intense. I don't need some bugger hoppin' around and taking my shots. :p

Have you never played a Metal Slug game before? Especially in the arcade. 2P is where it's at.

And I see you've never played Contra 4 with someone else... it's harder and more frustrating than single player for numerous reasons. It's also far more fun... for numerous reasons. :P

I actually played the original Metal Slug back in the arcades a few times, and it came bundled with Samurai Showdown like every other typical Neo Geo cabinet. But yikes is the original MS bland compared the 2nd. But no I've never played 2 players on MS before, since I hardly played it that much in the arcades in the first place. And I've never played Contra 4 with two players either, the original Contra and Contra III on the other hand is a totaly different story hehe. good times! :D

Aside from MS, I was more into the TMNT Arcade, X- Men and The Simpsons back in the golden age of arcade gaming, and 2P was definitly where it was at. And i can't remember which game it was, but to make things harder each player had to share their lives....I think it may of actually been the original contra. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

137. Posted:

@WaveBoy Agreed on the original Metal Slug. MS3 is my favourite and I believe that's the most highly-regarded of the series. Mummies, zombies and aliens FTW! You definitely should give 2P a go if you get the chance. I hear MS Anthology is at bargain prices.

Ah, I do miss the old arcade-era games. :) Though I'm lucky enough to live in Asia where arcades are still alive and kicking. It's fun to fight a stranger in Street Fighter IV in person rather than through the internet. I feel the stakes are higher when they're right there against you! It's also nice when someone randomly sits down next to you and inserts a coin to join you in Metal Slug or Raiden IV or something. Good times.

Even without life sharing, IIRC the old Contras allowed you to take the other player's lives if you ran out. :) That got me into a few arguments back in the day... Or is that what you meant by life sharing? Haha.

Well get this - Contra 4 has some vertical levels spread across two screens. If you drop off the bottom you die, naturally. If you play with another player, if they go too high then you'll drop off the bottom since the screen is shared. If they move the screen just a little, you could be stuck in the invisible spot in between the two screens. All the while with enemies firing at you from all angles. How's that for tough multiplayer? :P

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

138. Posted:

I'm definitly going to consider getting the Anthology for the Wii, but it's too bad the control schemes are so whacked out and there's no classic controller support. I mean it's great I can use the Wii remote 'nes style' but I have to shake the Wii remote to throw grenades? That sounds kind of akward especially if you're throwing them in mid air. :p

And by the sounds of it, Contra 4's mutiplayer sounds like hell.lol But that's fine, I've alreay beat that insanely difficult beast of a game. But I HAD to use the Konami code, there was no way I could actually beat that one without it.

And I actually started MS7 last night and it's pretty damn fun I must say, I made it up to the boss in mission 6. but I'm going to start from the beginning tonight and finish it. But so far, MS2(which is the only MS I've played and beaten aside from the first) is easily the better game. I loved the mummies and the other bizarre enemies it had in the game, it was much more creative overall as well and playing it on the big screen obviously makes the experience more grand. But ya...the music in MS2 was also alot more memorable and up beat and was totaly quirky-catchy at times, especially the first stage. :D

Anyways, so far M7 is a pretty great experience, it' rock hard and things can get pretty intense. Hell it's harder than any contra game I've played and that's because of the insane bosses you face later in the game. But the fact that you can start from any level once you get a game over kind of spoils the whole 'mastering the game' which annoys me. I think what they should of done is given you more Continues, and once you got a game over you had to start back from the beginning. I mean I could start from Mission 6 if I wanted to tonight, but I'd rather start from the beginning again and complete the game in one sitting which should probably take around 2 hours. :)

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

bittripfan

139. Posted:

Sonic Colors, Mega Man 10 , Donkey Kong Country Returns and Kingdom Hearts ReCoded

The game

AuthorMessage

pikku

140. Posted:

DCKR, Super Metroid, Pokemon Silver, and KEY

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac