General Discussion Forum

Topic: What do you think happens when we pass away?

Showing 61 to 80 of 97

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

61. Posted:

Actually I was also talking about the old testament too, but do you really believe a 2 thousand year old man will come back from the dead to save humanity, do you people believe that will in fact happen, that sounds crazy to me he would be a zombie for a start, anyway I'm now leaving this thread well alone now, its heading into crazy territory

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RabidPikachu

62. Posted:

Did you know that Athieism is a religion as well if you really think about it. In fact it takes more faith in my opinion to believe there is no God then to believe in, say, Santa Claus. In part because you're giving up your soul for the satisfaction that there are no real morals and that mere mankind makes his own rules (or no rules). No God = no rules.

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RabidPikachu

63. Posted:

Blaze wrote:

Actually I was also talking about the old testament too, but do you really believe a 2 thousand year old man will come back from the dead to save humanity, do you people believe that will in fact happen, that sounds crazy to me he would be a zombie for a start, anyway I'm now leaving this thread well alone now, its heading into crazy territory

Jesus is not dead thank you very much. He arose from the dead and ascended to heaven. He is a living savior which is why I believe. On judgement you can say, my friend, that I didn't warn ya.

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JustYourAverageBleh

64. Posted:

when we pass away..
we will know the truth of everything..how the world came to being..etcetera..
this is getting Quite Creepy :0

It's all fun and games.
Chat on Nintendo Life.
Follow me on Twitter, it's totally free.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

65. Posted:

I believe that when you die you go to heaven or hell, depending if you believe in Jesus Christ and lead a good life.
@RJay-No, you do not play video games in the afterlife. :P

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RabidPikachu

66. Posted:

JustYourAverageBleh wrote:

when we pass away..
we will know the truth of everything..how the world came to being..etcetera..
this is getting Quite Creepy :0

I agree its getting creepy. Creepy because I am starting to sound like a religious nut. But really, can you prove either "Theory".

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

67. Posted:

@SuperSonic1990: How do you know? Have you been there? LOL

I believe in Heaven/Hell, and I think this is a slightly weird tropic.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RabidPikachu

68. Posted:

The Bible says there is all the things that are NOT sinful that make you happy in Heaven. Video Games are not a sin. Who knows? You might see a Pikachu or two in Heaven.

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

69. Posted:

True, Christian holidays sort of sprang up from pagan ones, but do you know WHY? It's because the early Christians were being persecuted just for being Christians, and they needed to try to fit in. Instead of celebrating the pagan things, they allocated things related to their faith to those days in secret. Sure, we don't know for sure when Jesus was born (though I agree it probably wasn't in December), but we need some time to celebrate it anyway, and the tradition set from necessity of the time is as good as any, really. I don't really get why Easter keeps moving around from year to year, though. :P

Sure, it sounds unbelievable and crazy the way you put it, Blaze, but you've got the facts wrong. Jesus was no normal man, and he isn't dead now, he's in Heaven with God the Father.

EDIT: If there are video games in Heaven, they'll be the good ones that never make you mad, because that's an improper (if hard to avoid) kind of anger. But that's really a pointless discussion, I think. :P

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RabidPikachu

70. Posted:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

True, Christian holidays sort of sprang up from pagan ones, but do you know WHY? It's because the early Christians were being persecuted just for being Christians, and they needed to try to fit in. Instead of celebrating the pagan things, they allocated things related to their faith to those days in secret. Sure, we don't know for sure when Jesus was born (though I agree it probably wasn't in December), but we need some time to celebrate it anyway, and the tradition set from necessity of the time is as good as any, really. I don't really get why Easter keeps moving around from year to year, though. :P

Sure, it sounds unbelievable and crazy the way you put it, Blaze, but you've got the facts wrong. Jesus was no normal man, and he isn't dead now, he's in Heaven with God the Father.

Thank you!!!

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astarisborn94

71. Posted:

I'm a Christain, so I think when we die, if we don't believe in Jesus, we go to hell and forever tormented.

If we believe in Jesus however and have an relationship with him, we will go to heaven and rejoice in his Name!

Any Chirstains anticapating the Revalation?

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cryptonic

72. Posted:

when you die you get 4 choices. heaven,hell,zombie,or ghost......okay...we dont know what happens. i get confused because i beleive in jesus christ and i beleive that you either go to heaven or hell but if thats the case then how do you explain ghosts?

Wii :6638 - 2205 - 3294 - 3850
SSBB: 4812 - 5583 - 8961
3DS: 4038 - 6000 - 1698
"Tiger Man was wise"

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JustYourAverageBleh

73. Posted:

anyway,
who cares about what will happen?
let's just try to live our lives like the world is gonna end tomorrow!
and do good things!
life is good , so we should treasure it and make our lives worth living!
AMEN!

It's all fun and games.
Chat on Nintendo Life.
Follow me on Twitter, it's totally free.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Noire

74. Posted:

RabidPikachu wrote:

You might see a Pikachu or two in Heaven.

Sweet, I'm gonna be a Pokemon Trainer...

IN HEAVEN. :O

Dude, could you imagine a Pokemon battle with the Creator of the Univerese? Flipping amazing...

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

75. Posted:

@Super Smash Bros Fan 1999: Sorry to nitpick, but I assume you mean the Rapture? Given how the world's spiralling down into the final days lately (best not to start a discussion of this believe in this thread), I sort of am. At the same time, though, part of me hopes it doesn't come TOO soon because of all the things in life I haven't experienced yet, primarily having a girlfriend, eventual marriage, and sex (IN THAT ORDER!). But if it does happen before that, I'm sure I won't mind after the fact; it's really a carnal concern anyway. :P

@cryptonic: That's simple, really. If you truly believe in Jesus and the Bible, you should know that ghosts, UFO's, and various other "unexlained" phenomina are generally demonic in origin, designed to distract us from the truth.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

76. Posted:

RabidPikachu wrote:

That is true that reality is what you make it. But any of us could be wrong. God may exist or he may not. The Big Bang could have happened or it could be just another bogus theory. The truth is we don't know unless we see it. We just have our belief and thats all we'll ever have.

Oh, absolutely. You'll notice I've never said once that God doesn't exist. I'm more of the opinion that nobody knows for sure there's an afterlife...yet we all know for sure there's life. And we're there now. And that's what we should be focusing on, rather than getting all wrapped up in a post-reality that a slimming minority of people seem to believe in with any real conviction anyway.

Call me crazy.

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Chicken Brutus: A just God cannot allow a person who still has a sinful nature into His perfect kingdom. All humans are born with a sin nature because of the Original Sin (Adam & Eve in the garden), and it's only through Jesus that this nature can be cleansed. I understand why you wouldn't want to believe this, but it's all spelled out quite clearly, and pretending it's not does nobody any good.

It's spelled out quite clearly in a few particular religions, and opposing possibilities are spelled out at least as clearly in others. Who's pretending?

The Bible--or, to be more fair, any specific reading of the Bible--only works as justification to somebody who believes in it. Presumably you don't believe in The Book of Mormon, Dianetics or The Talmud, or the Holy Text of Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, but to anybody who does, their own beliefs are "quite clearly spelled out" as well.

They don't all mesh. I'm cool with that. But pointing at a book or a passage that only a fraction of people believe to be true as justification for those who don't believe in the truth of that passage doesn't work. For obvious reasons.

Edited on by Philip_J_Reed

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astarisborn94

77. Posted:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Super Smash Bros Fan 1999: Sorry to nitpick, but I assume you mean the Rapture? Given how the world's spiralling down into the final days lately (best not to start a discussion of this believe in this thread), I sort of am. At the same time, though, part of me hopes it doesn't come TOO soon because of all the things in life I haven't experienced yet, primarily having a girlfriend, eventual marriage, and sex (IN THAT ORDER!). But if it does happen before that, I'm sure I won't mind after the fact; it's really a carnal concern anyway. :P

@cryptonic: That's simple, really. If you truly believe in Jesus and the Bible, you should know that ghosts, UFO's, and various other "unexlained" phenomina are generally demonic in origin, designed to distract us from the truth.

Thanks for reminding me about that Stuffgamer1. I'll keep that in mind if I continue to discuss about Revalation in other sites where I won't get my opinon bashed or religion is against the rules.

BTW, I don't think the world is in it's final days yet, but all has to end eventually.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

78. Posted:

@Chicken Brutus: The self-proclaimed Christians who don't believe what it says, mainly. :P

Also, you're crazy. Hey, you told me to say so! ;)

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

79. Posted:

@Stuffgamer1: Please don't call me religious, I find it offensive! :)

I don't 'believe' there is no God, I just think it. I'm fully conscious of the fact that I may be completely wrong. Can you say that?

seriously Machu, what on earth are you doing involved in another thread like this, ug

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

80. Posted:

@Machu: Well, call it what you will. I certainly don't mean to offend, in any case. So I say this a peacibly as possible: I don't get the idea of having a belief (or lack thereof, if you prefer) that you are fully conscious could be completely wrong. Is that really a belief at all? Is there a significant difference between a belief and a thought?

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P