Forums

Topic: What do you think happens when we pass away?

Posts 81 to 97 of 97

OldBoy

What about the dinosaurs??

What's this bit for again?

Machu

The monkey shot them!

Rawr!

OldBoy

Those naughty monkeys eh? Seriously though I'm not sure I wanna get into another debate about religion so I'm just gonna state my views then bugger off and not come back to this thread . I believe that we are just another part of nature's great cycle and that our atoms just get recycled like every other thing on this big ball of stuff that we call Earth. You can call it Reincarnation if you like, whether my consciousness will carry on after I die and just float through the cosmos (I hope so) only time will tell but I ain't gonna spend what might be my last day wondering about it. I have researched a lot of the world religions just out of pure interest and to get a better understanding of faith. I found that most of the world religions, when stripped of dogma, all basically boil down to the same thing's. I find that many of them are so obviously man made and designed to control the population that I struggle to understand how anybody could take them as the word of God(he/she/it is so fickle!).The only religion that even slightly appeals to me is Buddhism as it is more in line with nature and my general world view. To the people that are religious then I hope that you find what you are seeking but if you believe that the earth is only 4000 years old then sorry but you are barmy!! There is far too much evidence against creationism for it to be anything other than a fairy story.

What's this bit for again?

Adam

I've been through enough hurricanes in the past few years. I don't know what harmony you guys are living in, but you should learn to share. Sheesh.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

CowLaunch

RabidPikachu wrote:

Either you go to Heaven, Hell, or you're reincarnated like Fluke the dog or Kagome. I don't believe death is final. And for you athiests answer one question for me: if everything is the result of chance, how come does everything work in harmony so well? A big explosion couldn't make things work so well I don't think.

Things don't work so well, millions, possibly billions of people are in misery every day.

However, of all the religions that are the only ones that are right, I'm sure yours is the correct one. Boy, Mohamed's face is going to be red come judgement day. Only kidding, I'm an atheist.

Well, I'm leaving this thread as I'm getting mildly annoyed, & you wouldn't like it when I get mildly annoyed...

CowLaunch

malpon

Dident we already have this discussion?
I just have two more thoughts then im done hear
1: In theory medical science is a crime against nature weather you believe in creation or evolution (creation: All science is evil blah blah blah) (evolution: the weak shoud die so their genes dont cripple the human race)
2: The human brain is not built to comprehend eternity or death. A human fully comprehending thoes things woud be like a Wii becomeing self aware.

This lesbian bar doesent have a fire exit!

Kizzi

hmm... nah I wont.

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

blockhead

I believe that if you dont believe that Jesus Chirst died for your sins, you will burn in hell for eternity.
( I'm a Christian)

blockhead

Rensch

And I believe that the fact some many people can still believe that, in a world of much more rational alternatives, is utterly distrubing.

I am an agnostic, and I don't believe one can ever say there is a God or that there's none. That's the reason I just believe in the things that you can back up with professional scientific research, like evolution. I haven't seen much viable proof for any religion as of yet though.

That people believe in God is perfectly believable to me. What I can't understand is that people are death freaking serious when they start using their old books like the Bible and Quran to justify what are technically misdeeds.

Apparently religion is perfectly usable in a so-called secular society to keep marriage from two people of the same gender while it is discrimination when its two people of different race.

I agree with malnin that no human can comprehend everything. That's why we shouldn't impose fairy tales to fill in the gaps on people who think differently even though we may believe in them. before we start with that, proof it to me, there is quite a lot of proof for evolution, just back up with something else than a book written about 2000 years ago and say "'cause it is written it's true!.

I don't care what people believe, as long as they respect my lifestyle, I respect them, that's how democracy functions.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Outrunner

I believe what the Bible says. We're all going to face judgement and wether we accept Christ or not now will decide wether we go to heaven or hell.
I'm Christian.

Edited on by Outrunner

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

MoogleMuffins

I have no idea what happens to be honest, seems hard to believe theres something like the afterlife. I believe there is no God and Jesus Christ was just a complete loony walking around claiming to be the son of God. Hey people have done it in the present time, I'm sure people did it then.

Of course I don't mean to cause offence to anyone, it's just my opinion and I respect others as long as they respect mine.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

Rensch

I don't think Jesus actually said he was god's son. That's probably just what people made of it because he did so amany awesome things. He probably had a lot of charisma and probably was a friendly and kind person. If you die at the cross people tend to make a martyr out of you. People probably just made him the manifestation of God later on, even though he must have been a respected man in life.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Outrunner

Well I believe He is the Son of God. He's called that throughout the Bible along with other titles. Being a Christian I do think it is worth looking into before you make your mind up.
Verses where Jesus claims to be the Son of God: John 5:25, John 10:36, John 11:4, John 17:1. There are more instances throughout the gospels.

Edited on by Outrunner

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

JTC-Pingas

weirdadam wrote:

I don't believe people die. I think they just faint. That is what I've learned from Nintendo.

Lol

JTC-Pingas

Adam

That's from The Book of Pokemon 12:14, for those of you following along in at home.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.