Forums

Topic: What do you name your games' character(s) after?

Posts 21 to 30 of 30

FonistofCruxis

I'll normally give them the official name but if there isn't one like in Animal crossing for example, I'll name them after a character I like or just give them a name I like. When I get Animal crossing 3DS I think I'll give myself one of my favourite boys names, it will probably be either Seth or Caius.

ImDiggerDan

I named my game's charcter, Digger Dan, after my son Daniel. Seemed the sensible thing to do since my wife wouldn't let me name my son Link, Mario or Yoshi when he was born.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

RevolverLink

I always name Link after myself the first time I play through a Zelda game (and I usually use "Link" every time after that), and I usually use my name for the MC in stuff like Pokemon and Dragon Quest, where the protagonist is supposed to represent you. Other than that, I use the default names.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

JustAnotherUser

I use Jarvan for everything.
I used to use the default names but I have decided to take a break from that

JustAnotherUser

Reenie

My own name (Emily) for everything- except when playing Zelda. Link deserves better than that LOL

Friend Code: 0387-8837-3562
Name: Emily
Own: Mario Kart 7, Mario 3D Land, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Hollywood Crimes, Heroes of Ruin, Rayman 3D, Kingdom Hearts DDD

Hokori

mostly the names that are given to the game character like in WarioWare its Wario in zelda its Link pokemon its insert color name here sometimes except some I do put my own name down Dragon Quest its my own name and wii series games my own name

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Tasuki

If there is a pre set name like in the Final Fantasy games I stick with the original names the only thing I will do is if the game has the name all caps than I will delete the name an respell it correctly. After my first play through I than tend to name them after my friends or old Dungeons and Dragons names I had for my characters.

For an MMO like WoW that doesnt have preset names than I just name my characters after my old D&D characters.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Magi

Presets when available. Otherwise I primarily name them after old D&D characters that had a similiar class.

Magi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.